Windows 10: Search gives me a white box

Discus and support Search gives me a white box in Cortana to solve the problem; When I try to type something into the search box a white screen appears. The circle goes around but nothing changes. Any ideas would be appreciated.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by mjd3, Feb 6, 2020.

1. mjd3 Win User

Search gives me a white box

When I try to type something into the search box a white screen appears. The circle goes around but nothing changes. Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

mjd3, Feb 6, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Search gives me a white box

search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Search gives me a white box

1. Search gives me a white box - Similar Threads - Search white box

2. File explorer has white search box!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer has white search box!: As you can see my file explorer has a white search bar. I've tried many things labelled reference to the post below. Does anyone know how to fix this?? This has been an ongoing problem for around 7 months. Im currently on dark mode - I updated my pc to Windows 11 and...
  3. File explorer has white search box!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer has white search box!: As you can see my file explorer has a white search bar. I've tried many things labelled reference to the post below. Does anyone know how to fix this?? This has been an ongoing problem for around 7 months. Im currently on dark mode - I updated my pc to Windows 11 and...
  4. File explorer has white search box!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Outlines & File explorer has white search box!

Outlines & File explorer has white search box!: As you can see my file explorer has a white search bar + I have weird outlines that I cant seem to get rid of! I've factory resetting the pc going into command promt as an admin then killing starting an "explorer" command simply checking if I have any ease of access settings...
  6. Text color turned white in Search Box

in Cortana
    Text color turned white in Search Box: HelloRecently I enabled High Contrast for a bit just to explore, and when I turned it back off I saw that whatever text I typed in Windows Search was white and was not visible. It wasn't like that previously. Everywhere else the texts looks normal but in search it is white...
  7. Windows Search box is half gray and half white

in Cortana
    Windows Search box is half gray and half white: Hi!I'm posting this as my final thing to do, cuz I tried EVERYTHING to fix my problem but nothing works.So here is my problem: I run Windows and everything is normal until I run some programs and RAM fills up. When the RAM usage is high something strange happens to my search...
  8. Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Black Theme is one of the favorite themes of Windows 10 users, and if you see anything which is white it gets annoying. Take a case of Taskbar which is usually dark, but when you look at Cortana search [...] This post Cortana Search Box turned white on Windows...
  9. ask me anything search box

ask me anything search box: where is the ask me anything search box located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/ask-me-anything-search-box/a3b12171-4111-44f4-94af-c2abd7ba36f8
  10. Cortana search box changed to white color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana search box changed to white color: Yesterday my Cortana search box changed to white from dark color. I didn't change any settings and had no updates. I saw in the Microsoft Community that a this happened to a few people as well. I did try using the downloadable .bat files in the tutorial section of this...