Windows 10: Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10

Discus and support Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why am I getting this result on the second VM? The first VM is off, works when on, and is 192.168.155.163. The subnet looks right. The IP of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pvwebb1, Sep 11, 2019.

1. pvwebb1 Win User

Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10

Why am I getting this result on the second VM? The first VM is off, works when on, and is 192.168.155.163. The subnet looks right. The IP of the default switch for Hyper-V in Windows 10 is 192.168.155.161.

Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10 4f7def53-586e-4b51-8698-4a843fa64ace?upload=true.jpg

:)

pvwebb1, Sep 11, 2019
  2. Schism082 Win User

No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10 a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Schism082 Win User
    No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, thanks for the reply. I got internet working. I had to create a wifi connection in "Virtual Switch Manager" and then go to the settings for each of my 2 VM's and tell it to use the wifi connection I created. Along the way I had to tell it to "share"
    connection with the Host. One of the VM's has a problem connecting and disconnecting but I will work on that and figure it out. If anyone has this problem try searching the internet and youtube has good videos explaining how to setup Internet in Hyper-V Manager.

Schism082, Sep 11, 2019
  4. SoFine409 Win User

Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

Thank you Kari.
    UPDATE: While doing some additional research on whether or not I would need to change the default location(s) for the VMs, I realized that I can store each VM in different location and don’t need to keep them all in one place. Never knew that. So I won’t need to move the existing ones after all. I can simply store any new VMs on another drive where there is more space. There is always something new to learn.
    Bob

SoFine409, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Second Linux VM won't connect to internet in Hyper-V Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Second Linux won't

2. Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues: Everyone, I currently have a Windows 11 Pro machine in which Hyper-V is being used to create a Windows 10 Home virtual machine. While the creation of the virtual machine was successful, I am having issues in two key areas: A: I cannot ping from the virtual machine to a device...
  3. Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues: Everyone, I currently have a Windows 11 Pro machine in which Hyper-V is being used to create a Windows 10 Home virtual machine. While the creation of the virtual machine was successful, I am having issues in two key areas: A: I cannot ping from the virtual machine to a device...
  4. Setup internet connection of Hyper-v VM to isolate VM and host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup internet connection of Hyper-v VM to isolate VM and host: I'd like to set up a VM (with Hyper-v) with a Linux distro. I want to isolate VM and host as more as possible. I don't enable advanced mode. But VM should be connected to Internet. I didn't think it was a matter but I was alarmed by this article...
  5. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  6. VM connection issue with Hyper-V

VM connection issue with Hyper-V: I have had this long standing issue with Hyper-V VMconnection as follows. Sometimes I have a VM in a window, and I go to maximise it to full screen, but the windows 10 display part does no resize to full Window. Ok that is usually sorted by clicking the Hyper-V control bar...
  7. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  8. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  9. Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!

Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!: Hi there @Kari particularly -- any experience with using the FREE 2016 server HYPER-V edition and any pitfalls as I want to try it later. Try Active Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 | TechNet Evaluation Software Best Practices for running Linux on Hyper-V | Microsoft...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...