Windows 10: !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!

Discus and support !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Have just come over from a chromebook to a surface laptop 2 and am really happy with it. I just want to know about keyboard shortcuts. I want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ste20man, Oct 29, 2018.

1. ste20man Win User

!! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!

Hi.

Have just come over from a chromebook to a surface laptop 2 and am really happy with it.

I just want to know about keyboard shortcuts.

I want to assign an internet 'page back' and 'page forward' keys on F1 and F2 like chromebooks do.

I know you can use Alt-left or Alt-right but it doesn't feel natural.

Some have said - just get used to it - but I want to know if Win10 has the power to assign things so specifically.

It's a powerful system so I am hoping that it will.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks for your time in advance, ste.

:)

ste20man, Oct 29, 2018

2. How to create a shortcut for a keyboard shortcut.

Hi Marcos,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to create Keyboard shortcut on Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps in the below Microsoft article to create
    a keyboard shortcut for an app.

Create keyboard shortcuts to open desktop apps

Note: The troubleshooting steps in the above link are meant for windows 8, however, you can use the same for windows 10 as well.

Refer below article for more information on Keyboard shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts

Please post back with above information and we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Oct 29, 2018
  3. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Oct 29, 2018
  4. !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!

Keyboard shortcut to open the calculator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I request you to try the below steps:

• Type "Calculator" in start menu.
    • Click on Calculator and drag it to desktop.
    • Right click on it and select Properties.
    • Now go to Shortcut tab and add a shortcut.
    • Click on OK.

You may also refer the following article for keyboard shortcuts:

Keyboard shortcuts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

!! Self made keyboard shortcuts !!

1. !! Self made keyboard shortcuts !! - Similar Threads - Self made keyboard

2. Self made program keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Self made program keeps crashing.: Hi all,We have made our own program using Electron JS that keeps crashing and we do do not know what causes the issue or how to resolve it. The issue seems to occur when the monitor is turning on. The app does not adapt its resolution and crashes right afterwards.We have...
  3. Self made program keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self made program keeps crashing.: Hi all,We have made our own program using Electron JS that keeps crashing and we do do not know what causes the issue or how to resolve it. The issue seems to occur when the monitor is turning on. The app does not adapt its resolution and crashes right afterwards.We have...
  4. Keyboard shortcut

Keyboard shortcut: Every key is linked with a shortcut, for example, E will open File Explorer, D brings me to the desktop, W opens the whiteboard, and so on. Yesterday, I was using my laptop like usually and it just happened this morning, randomly. The weirdest thing is that the exact same...
  5. Keyboard shortcuts

Keyboard shortcuts: I need to know more keyboard shortcuts! I mean, I know some shortcuts, but not enough... can you help me??? Also, is there any more computer secrets that you can teach me?...
  6. Self made file in Notepad.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Self made file in Notepad.: Greetings, I just noticed in my Documents list a file called "Duplicate Files". I didn't make that file and I'm the only one who uses this Laptop computer. I opened the file and that's when I found that approximately 300 duplicate files were saved in Notepad. Why Notepad and...
  7. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Shortcuts: Hi everyone, I have a Windows 10 OS, (System Model XPS 15 9560) for which I can't get certain keyboard shortcuts to work. Most of them (such as Ctrl C/V) work perfectly well, but if I try to refresh the page with F5 nothing happens. Any advice would be much appreciated....
  8. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: I've lost all keyboard shortcuts - how can I restore them? 27956
  9. Keyboard Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard Shortcuts: How do you turn OFF keyboard shortcuts? I never use them but when I'm typing, I often hit CTRL when I mean the Shift key and then whatever letter I hit next is then combined with CTRL and displays something I don't want. I've been unable to find the setting that hopefully...
  10. Keyboard shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard shortcuts: Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, I've been reading tutorials on keyboard navigation, as I'd like to learn to navigate Windows 10 without a mouse, and while I've mastered a few commands I'd like to know how to de-select highlighted text after CTRL-A has been pressed. I've pressed...