Windows 10: Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage

Discus and support Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Occasionally, Service Host: Local System will go ahead and start using the CPU (making my fan loud and annoying). This process will also use between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by allam447635, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage

Occasionally, Service Host: Local System will go ahead and start using the CPU (making my fan loud and annoying). This process will also use between about 100 and 700 megabytes of memory (if you could graph the usage, it would be a sort of sawtooth pattern). And it will hog the disk, making my computer laggy. Normally these kinds of things happen when I am away from the computer, but this thing does its antics while I am using the computer, normally.
    When I look to see what is inside the Service Host: Local System, all I see is Windows Update and Update Orchestrator Service, and there are usually no updates being installed when this happens. Please help because I have to deal with this every day!

:)

allam447635, Mar 19, 2018

2. "Service Host: Local System" taking up every bit of disk space it can get and slowing down my computer. How do I fix this?

100% Disk Usage Windows 10 Service Host, Service Host High CPU Usage, Service Host High Memory Usage, Service Host Local System High Disk Usage, Service Host Local System Network Restricted, Service Host Local System Windows 10, Windows 10 Service Host CPU,
    Wsappx High Disk Usage Windows 10.

See tutorial here:
    svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Mar 19, 2018
  3. svchost.exe / service host : local system ( network restricted ) high usage memory and CPU

When you open Task Manager a little bit, you’ll see that svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted) is causing the problem of high CPU usage. To improve your Windows performance, and get rid of the high CPU usage, you
    have to disable Superfetch service. Superfetch used to pre-load data from hard disk into RAM memory. So let's follow this steps.

Fix svchost.exe service host: local system (network restricted)

dedyprasetiyo724, Mar 19, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage

They don't just install updates, they also do the check for available updates so it's not unusual to see them at work but no updates get installed. Part of the work, and some considerable disk activity can be down to checking what updates you already have against what's available.

If you have never run Disk Clean-up and clicked its 'clean up system files' button, then the Component Store (where all current and previous updates are stored) may have grown quite large. Updates are kept even if they have been superseded so cleaning it up may reduce the workload. You should find a 'Windows Update backup' item you can tick in the list if you 'clean up system files'.

Open and Use Disk Cleanup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

The number of reclaimable packages held in the Component Store can be determined using Dism, which can also be used to clean the component store.

Analyze Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clean Up Component Store (WinSxS folder) in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

If you have an HDD (not an SSD) then defragmenting the drive after a clean up may help a bit too.

5. It's happening again right now. I also noticed that the paged pool amount becomes higher than normal after this happens.

allam447635, Mar 20, 2018
  6. zinou Win User
    When it happens again do this to take a trace, so that we can see the content of the call stack of the process:

- Open a command line as an Administrator;
    - Type this command "wpr -start generalprofile -start CPU"; this will start trace recording.
    - Let the trace recording for at least 1 minutes;
    - Then type this command to stop trace recording "wpr -stop C:\Temp\MyTrace.etl". Make sure the folder where you record the trace exist.
    - Compress the resulting file (Important)- Share it through Free file transfer, send large files - TransferNow or any other file sharing platform.

zinou, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage

1. Service Host: Local System High CPU, Memory, AND Disk usage - Similar Threads - Service Host Local

2. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  3. High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High cpu usage from Service Host: Local Service: Does anyone know why this is happening?my CPU usage ranges from 90 - 100svchost.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/high-cpu-usage-from-service-host-local-service/e91993ae-c330-4ba4-a9a7-c47755dbe7f1
  4. DISM Host Servicing Process (DismHost.exe) High CPU, Disk, Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    DISM Host Servicing Process (DismHost.exe) High CPU, Disk, Memory usage: [ATTACH]Some users are reporting that they are seeing DISM Host servicing process high CPU, disk, and memory usage which is impacting other processes. In this guide, we have a few fixes that can help you get rid of this. What is Dism Host Servicing Process? The Deployment...
  5. Service Host: Local System high CPU or Disk usage on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Service Host: Local System high CPU or Disk usage on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you notice in Task Manager, that the Service Host Local System is hogging much of your disk, CPU and Memory usage that is potentially impacting your system performance, you can try the solutions provided in this post to resolve this high CPU or disk usage on your...
  6. Service Host: local system high disk usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Service Host: local system high disk usage: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ron2898 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kox5io/service_host_local_system_high_disk_usage/
  7. service host local system high Disk usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    service host local system high Disk usage: Yes I have seen a thread on this but when I do the temp thing do I only remove the files or everything also I don't know if this helps on the subject but my hp laptop turns off after a while when it is not plugged in. runs on windows 10...
  8. High CPU usage from Service host local system (2)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage from Service host local system (2): Windows 10 up to date HP Probook 450 G2 CPU: Intel i5 SSD: 150Mb NIC: dual band " Service host local system" has been an issue on my PC for a while. It uses a lot of CPU which makes me feel uncomfortable, and today I seem to have found a fix using the SFC and DISM...
  9. task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    task manager - local system service host with high CPU usage: Can anyone explain what is happening here? From the moment I switch ON my desktop until switching OFF (working for 12 hours) the local system service host is always between 30% to 40% regarding CPU usage. Why? How to stop it? This does not happen in my Microsoft Surface...
  10. Service Host: Local System very high cpu and memory consumption

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Service Host: Local System very high cpu and memory consumption: I have recently formatted my laptop and within 2 days high memory and cpu consumption is showing in task manager. 46978