Windows 10: "Service is currently not available."

Discus and support "Service is currently not available." in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since a week all my msn apps (news, financial, weather, sports etc.) just show "Service is currently not available.". Interestingly, the live tiles... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FMajor, Apr 27, 2016.

1. FMajor Win User

"Service is currently not available."

Since a week all my msn apps (news, financial, weather, sports etc.) just show "Service is currently not available.". Interestingly, the live tiles still work. I've tried the following:
    • Reinstall the apps
    • Reset Windows Store (run wsreset.exe as admin)
    • Run sfc /scannow
    • Run chkdsk
    • Re-register apps: Apps - Reinstall and Re-register in Windows 8 and 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    • Run Windows Troubleshooter, but it only says that I have to activate the UAC. After I do this, the Windows Troubleshooter says that the problem can't be identified. Of course I ran the Troubleshooter as admin.
    • deactivate Windows Defender and Windows Firewall (I have no other antivirus programs like Antivir, avast, AVG, Kaspersky, Norton etc. on my PC)
    • check the host-file to entries; host-file is clean
    • change the region/language ("choose edition") In the msn apps' options
    • complete reboot (start "Run...", type in shutdown -g -t 0 and click OK)
    • convert my windows account to local and also create a new account

I also noticed, when I want to visit the Microsoft homepage in my primary browser (Opera) I will be redirected to this webpage: Sign in to your Microsoft account which says the following:
    This only happens in Opera, so I set Edge to default browser, but the behavior didn't changed (Microsoft homepage is still not visitable in Opera and the msn apps still don't work).
    My last restore point is from friday.

I really want to avoid a reinstall of Windows.

Thanks in advance! *Smile

:)

FMajor, Apr 27, 2016

2. nokia 7210 supernova " contact service "

you need to take it to a nokia care center

techbuzzireland, Apr 27, 2016
  3. kokikz Win User
    nokia 7210 supernova " contact service "

my nokia 7210 supernova isn't working.. after the nokia logo appeared, the screen goes white then it shuts down.. what am i going to do?? i searched for answers but it didn't do any better on my phone.. your help is very much appreciated..

Blue hills.jpg

kokikz, Apr 27, 2016
  4. "Service is currently not available."

Welcome aboard, FMajor.

There are enough possible causes that we can't be sure which solution will work.

Try using Edge as your browser. Delete all other browsers (If you re-install them, they should still have your bookmarks).

Can you use a System Restore Point that you set before the problems began?

Do you have any software that includes its own security program? That sometimes fouls up Win 10.

Turn off your rig and unplug it. Hold the Power Button down for one minute, and then restart.

If none of these work, come back and we'll try again.

Vince Massi, Apr 27, 2016
  5. FMajor Win User
    Thanks for reply, but nothing of this worked. *Sad

FMajor, Apr 27, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Sounds like you have to do a repair install, this will not remove any personal files or apps, it will repair all the windows files. Here is the link .....with even a video to help explain it to you.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

OldMike65, Apr 27, 2016
  7. vdlee Win User
    Same here. Quite annoying.

vdlee, May 3, 2016
  8. FMajor Win User

Okay, so at least I'm not the only one with that problem. Unfortunately Microsoft give's a damn about the bugs in W10. *Mad

FMajor, May 3, 2016
  9. vdlee Win User
    I downloaded and ran microsoftaccounts.diagcab, which told me my account had some syncing problems, no idea how to fix these:
    "Service is currently not available." [​IMG]

vdlee, May 17, 2016
  10. dalchina New Member
    Hello, it might be interesting if you clicked 'View detailed information'.

Bearing in mind
    you could try running Tweaking.com's repair tool (free), and with due caution, run repair 32 only.

The list of items here may be of interest, and a couple of interesting comments:
    How do you fix

dalchina, May 17, 2016
  11. FMajor Win User
    @vdlee
    Can you post a download link for this? I can't found a shit on the internet. *Sad Thx in advance!
    @dalchina
    Thanks, I'll give it a try.

FMajor, May 18, 2016
  12. Likewise, Vdlee. Great post, but can you post the link to that service?

Vince Massi, May 18, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

I have to say, I have this same problem with Firefox, which is my default browser. And, I even have this problem when I click on a link from a Google search to a Microsoft site! I have to open Opera to get the link to work correctly!

If someone finds a solution, I'd appreciate it! *Smile

EDIT: So I deleted all cookies, cleared all browsing & download history, form and search history, active logins, and offline website data. Appears to be working now, but we shall see. I've done this before, and the problem always reappears.

simrick, May 18, 2016
  14. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, May 18, 2016
  15. derekimo Win User
    Microsoft Accounts Troubleshooter in Windows 8

"Service is currently not available." [​IMG]

derekimo, May 18, 2016
Thema:

1. "Service is currently not available." - Similar Threads - Service currently available

2. there are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are currently no power options available: can someone help me to bring back the power options? so this happened after i installed exam software and i couldn't turn off this laptop for awhile, instead i had to force turn off using power key manually everytime and i afraid that is gonna make my laptop broken, so can...
  3. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are currently no power options available.: Hello, Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 11. Today I went to restart my computer by using the start menu and clicking the power button, but the message "There are currently no power options available" displayed instead of the usual "Sleep-restart-shut down" menu. How...
  4. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There are currently no power options available.: I have ran all the system scans given in the suggestions, tried many other solutions given on microsoft and other websites but nothing seems to work. Please help.Thank you...
  5. there are currently no power options available

there are currently no power options available: Im not able to shutdown my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/5cdb4460-d297-4c4f-9d54-005bfef17865
  6. "service not available."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "service not available.": My Win 10 home machine spontaneously put up a screen for me to change browser settings, and I declined to make any changes. Then it wanted me to enter my login email, then password because I was accessing "sensitive information" I wasn't accessing anything, in fact I want all...
  7. There are currently no power options available

There are currently no power options available: The power options of my laptop disappeared and this message comes up: "There are currently no power options available". What to do?? [Movido para Inglês]...
  8. There are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are currently no power options available: I need help with my Windows 10 laptop, and I don't know what to do, can tell me what to do step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/60887020-aa16-4d09-97de-f1e2ee1c4050
  9. "There are currently no power options available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "There are currently no power options available": Good morning, and thank you for reading this. I am running an iBuyPower PC with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041.508 and "Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0" Windows Update just completed, and now (even after a few restarts) when I go to shutdown the computer...
  10. There are currently no power options available

There are currently no power options available: Hi, I've been having some trouble with my laptop lately. Im running on Windows 10 Home and since a short time I can't turn off my laptop via the power symbol in the menu. It will say: There are currently no power options available translated from Dutch. I've checked every...