Windows 10: Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore...

Discus and support Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; As the title says, I did that and now whenever I try to restore the default locations for Downloads which changed its name to Videos and Videos folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BenH.2, May 27, 2020.

1. BenH.2 Win User

Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore...

As the title says, I did that and now whenever I try to restore the default locations for Downloads which changed its name to Videos and Videos folders it gives me an error: "Failed to build the list of regular subdirectories under E:\DeliveryOptimization. Access is denied."

Please help asap! It's super annoying as now I can't launch anything from my desktop shortcuts either.

:)

BenH.2, May 27, 2020

2. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, May 27, 2020
  3. My data folders (Documents, Pictures, Videos, Music, etc) are on DRIVE E: not Drive C:

Patti,

Let me start by saying the above information would have been very useful at the start. Let me see if I can recap your original issue first...

Before Windows 10 Upgrade:

Your computer was configured (before the Win10 upgrade) to used drive (ESet both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore... :) as your DEFAULT storage location for DOCUMENTS, PICTURES, MUSIC etc. I assume there were sub-folders for each.

After Windows 10 Upgrade:

After the upgrade, your DEFAULT storage locations were re-set to drive C:. This had the side affect of you seeing 'Documents' in the quick access list which did not point to your 'Documents' folder on drive E:.

What you wanted:

You wanted the 'Documents' and other data folders that showed up in the Quick Access list to point to your original files on drive E:. You also assumed that all new documents would be created in the Documents folder on drive E:.

Drive E: is your data drive because that is where you have space and you want to continue using that drive.

In the above description I used 'Documents' but that would apply to all of your 'data' folders such as Music, Video, Pictures etc.

If I have this right, please let me know.

FunSideOfSteve, May 27, 2020
  4. Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore...

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore...

1. Set both my default Downloads and Videos folders to just my E:\ drive. Now I can't restore... - Similar Threads - Set both default

2. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  3. Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I getting double drives, E:/E: same folders in both?: I have two E: drives and two F: drives exactly the same https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-getting-double-drives-ee-same-folders-in/6a1a17be-092a-4ab4-8237-8c50fb604d9b
  4. I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...: I shifted my downloads by relocating it but accidentally shifted it to D drive. Now my D Drive folder and download folder are the same and when i click on properties it shows the properties of the D Drive folder and I cannot restore its location.Pls help,...
  5. I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...

I accidently shifted my download folder location to my D drive and now could not restore...: I shifted my downloads by relocating it but accidentally shifted it to D drive. Now my D Drive folder and download folder are the same and when i click on properties it shows the properties of the D Drive folder and I cannot restore its location.Pls help,...
  6. My downloads folder and documents folder have both turned into downloads

My downloads folder and documents folder have both turned into downloads: While moving the location of my downloads and documents folder i accidentally moved them to the same location. Now they both lead to documents folder and i cannot access the downloads folder. Even when moving the location via default they both now default to...
  7. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  8. I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder

I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder: I accidentally set my video folder to my user folder was trying to move it to a different drive and now my user folder is called "Videos" and even has the icon... I cant change the location again cause I get the "cant redirect a parent into a child" error and all that. Pls...
  9. How do I set my download drive default to D:?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I set my download drive default to D:?: My PC is running Windows 10 Pro and has two drives, C: and D:. When I try to change the download location to drive D: it says I do not have the permission to do that....
  10. I tried to move my Documents, Downloads and Desktop folders to my E drive and now they're...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I tried to move my Documents, Downloads and Desktop folders to my E drive and now they're...: [ATTACH] As you can see they are all labelled as E:\, and double clicking on them brings me to my E drive. My intention was to still be able to use and access them like normal but instead of the files being saved on my C, have the actual files themselves saved in my 2TB hard...