Windows 10: Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox?

Discus and support Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Build 18363.535 just installed. I'm used to Win 7 Pro so it's a bit like going into your house and finding all the furniture rearranged. One annoying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmrathbun, Jan 9, 2020.

1. jmrathbun Win User

Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox?

Build 18363.535 just installed. I'm used to Win 7 Pro so it's a bit like going into your house and finding all the furniture rearranged.

One annoying habit I haven't been able to break is the way it throws windows into the corners so I have to move them to get them centered for easier reading. They won't remember where I put them, so certain apps that I'm in and out of frequently are a real PITA.

Is there a setting I can use to put new windows in the center of the screen by default, or is this something the individual apps control?

Also I've noticed it takes WinX a lot longer to awaken from sleep than it did Win 7. Any way to shorten the wait before the password textbox appears?

:)

jmrathbun, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Karen Her Win User

Location setting

Hi,

This issue could occur due to incorrect location settings or it would depend on your IP address. We suggest you to check the location settings of your PC, and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, and select Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, and choose Location.
    • Make sure that the Location service is On.

If issue persists, then it has something to do with your IP address. It’s because the location detected depends on the location set on your IP address.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jan 9, 2020
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox?

How can I set EDGE to by default download to D:\Downloads

Hi:

I do not use Edge, but here is one suggested method (it dates from Aug 2015, but I presume the steps are still valid):

How to change the default Microsoft Edge download location - gHacks Tech News

EDIT: And here is a tutorial right here in tenforums.com:
    Microsoft Edge Downloads Folder - Change in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox?

1. Set default location for new windows? Hasten password textbox? - Similar Threads - Set default location

2. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  3. No password textbox when signing in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No password textbox when signing in?: I have a Dell computer which came with Windows 10 software.Recently I have:Upgraded to Windows 11 1 month agoPlugged in new speakers 2 weeks agoAlso relevant:We have many power outagesIn the past, since I got it, when I told my computer to update and restart, it would shut...
  4. set your default save location.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  5. set your default save location.

set your default save location.: We couldn’t set your default save location.The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit.The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.I have tried a lot of things but nothing will work I'm trying to download some Xbox games. but it wont work on my...
  6. Cannot set default save location.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot set default save location.: I tried to innstall forza 4 from xbox app on windows 10 on my G: drive and it said that i had to change the default save location for games so i press it and chose the G: drive for apps and it said i had to delete other apps so i pressed yes. i then said that i cant set my...
  7. How to set default save locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set default save locations: How to set oe change default save locations MS Win 10 e.g. Pictures & Documents https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-set-default-save-locations/33862145-e205-4325-baa6-eab1f26c22b6
  8. Username and Password textbox not showing

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Username and Password textbox not showing: Hi Friends, Today my laptop upgraded to windows 10 automatically after i logged into my account if i take the sharing the username and password field is disabled and it is taking my current username and password when i not able to take the RDP it pops the same message....
  9. Setting default save location?

Setting default save location?: I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here. Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own...
  10. Setting default locations for libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting default locations for libraries: Hi, I have 3 drives total, and have tried to set the default locations of all the libraries (documents, pictures etc) to a drive that is not the OS one. These are my drives: [img] I want the libraries on (G:) instead of (C:). [img] I went onto...