Windows 10: set the home page in the search engine Edge

Discus and support set the home page in the search engine Edge in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I can not set the home page in the Edge message MSN. I can not find her. 63050 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by kaziczek, Sep 8, 2016.

1. kaziczek Win User

set the home page in the search engine Edge

I can not set the home page in the Edge message MSN. I can not find her.

:)

kaziczek, Sep 8, 2016

2. Unable to set up Google as default search engine in Windows Edge

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to set Google as default search engine. Here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Sep 8, 2016
  3. Changing home (start) screen from MSN to Bing

Microsoft sent me an e-mail wanting me to give an update. I've tried all these things, my home page is definitely set at Bing.com , and it still opens to some kind of MSN page. It is like it is built into the Microsoft edge that this is going to override
    the home page I want and MSN be the home page no matter what you do. It is not MSN.com it is like a news and informational page with a search engine.

NightRider17, Sep 8, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

I hope this is what you are asking:

To set the home page in Edge, click on the three dots icon at the top right '. . .' scroll down to the bottom and click on Settings. Now scroll down and click 'View advanced settings'. Here you can set the home page.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7...dows-10-a.html

set the home page in the search engine Edge [​IMG]

Bree, Sep 8, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    Edge is an Internet browser. The mention of "her" suggests Cortana which usually in on the Taskbar just to the right of the Start button. "She" is the search feature. If you have only a white circle to the right of the Start button right-click it and click Cortana on that menu to get some choices.

Berton, Sep 8, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Sep 8, 2016
  7. kaziczek Win User
    Hello, I can set your browser not only can be set to Channel News supported by MSN. I do not have it.
    Last optimize machine tool Kerish Doctor 2016 may be the reason for removing the application MSN

kaziczek, Sep 8, 2016
  8. lx07 Win User

Don't think so. Generally "it" is the only impersonal pronoun commonly used in the English language (although you could call a boat "she" I suppose).

It is fairly normal for non-native speakers to assign a gender (and perhaps a number) to an object when speaking English.

For example my wife (when speaking English) will (apparently indiscriminately) call her hair "them" or "he". "I need to cut them" or "He needs a trim" rather than "My hair needs cutting" or "It needs a trim".

I don't think you should read too much into the use of the word "her" although I've not checked the gender of "Internet Browser" in Polish *Smile

lx07, Sep 8, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    I think I understand the question. Kaziczek wants to set the home page for Edge. How to do that has been answered. Kaziczek can not find the page they want to use as their home page.

Kaziczek has the flag of Poland in their profile, so the MSN News Channel home page is most probably this one: Wiadomości Polska. Wiadomości ze świata. Opinie. | MSN Polska

Bree, Sep 8, 2016
  10. kaziczek Win User
    Thank you, Bree just about the address I was already Edge repaired. Thanks to all for your help.
    Subject to closing

kaziczek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. set the home page in the search engine Edge - Similar Threads - set home page

2. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  3. Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Search Engine preferences.: I've tried changing the default search engine used in the address bar from Bing to Google Microsoft Edge 115.0.1901.203 of an AVD session host. When I sign out and back in, Edge warns me that "Microsoft Edge has detected your default search engine setting was changed by an...
  4. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  5. Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the "set your home page" under settings in edge?: I can not find "set your homepage" under settings within edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-set-your-home-page-under-settings-in/1d24e7f8-0005-4228-ae74-748794414801
  6. No access to settings or search engine.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No access to settings or search engine.: Hi, I have been having an issue with Windows 10 I believe its 64 bit. I have an issue where i try to access the search engine in the start menu and does not respond. I have the same issue with going into my settings. This is a personal home computer. Any insight would be...
  7. Search engine settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search engine settings: Hello, I wanted to know if there is a way to keep the windows search engine open after selecting a folder. When I am looking for a folder or a document, and realise I opened the wrong one, I have to repeatedly re-open the engine and start all the process from cero, is...
  8. I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE

in Browsers and Email
    I Cannot Set The Home Page In EDGE: When I go into settings in EDGE, it will not allow me to set the Home Page to anything. When I attempt to do this, it displays a message saying it cannot access that link/page. I've tried several different pages, and all of them get rejected. Is this some type of glitch that...
  9. Edge Problems--Home Page and Search

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Problems--Home Page and Search: I continue to have two perplexing problems with Edge that started with 10158 and continue in 10159. 1. Starting with 10158, MS finally gave us an Edge Setting to allow use of a Search engine other than Bing as default. Unfortunately, I've been unable to make the setting...
  10. Unable to change Edge Search Engine

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to change Edge Search Engine: Settings/View Advanced Settings/Search in the address bar with/Change The only choice is Bing. I am unable to add another engine (Google). [img] I am the ONLY user. I just upgraded from W7. Any ideas? 55190

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what are the steps to set a search engine as home page