Windows 10: setting account picture failed

Discus and support setting account picture failed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get an error message that "setting account picture failed". How to fix ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ole Kihle, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Ole Kihle Win User

setting account picture failed

I get an error message that "setting account picture failed". How to fix ?

:)

Ole Kihle, Oct 10, 2019

2. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Yes I have tried that already as listed in OP.

setting account picture failed [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Oct 10, 2019
  3. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again.

Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N

have the default grey person avatar...

every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the following error.
    "Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again."

Things I tried already
    • sfc /scannow
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    • chkdsk C: /f /r /x
    • Apply the default user logon picture to all users via gpedit.msc
    • %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\User Account Pictures
    • ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData
    • Taking ownership of the directory\files as well as renaming directory to "*.old"
    • Creating a new user-account
    • Windows 10 In-Place Upgrade / Reset / Refresh

Nothing above has seemed to work as its still not changing my windows login screen / user avatar...

Out of ideas...

MrWhispers, Oct 10, 2019
  4. setting account picture failed

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Hey replacing the default avatars does not help either as you can see by this photo taken before replacing with your download still same result in error... I have the default photos already listed in shown directory...

setting account picture failed [​IMG]

MrWhispers, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

setting account picture failed

1. setting account picture failed - Similar Threads - setting account picture

2. Windows 10 "Setting account picture failed"

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 "Setting account picture failed": I did some googling, but none of the tips worked. I even re-sized the picture to 488x488, but it still fails... What can I do? My PC is running Windows 10 Home 20H2 (19042.867) 176444
  3. deleting pictures in settings/accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    deleting pictures in settings/accounts: Please guide me regarding how to delete/change pictures in Settings - Accounts. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleting-pictures-in-settingsaccounts/fb22c854-a7dc-4d05-a136-cdd0f7c92346
  4. Account Picture . . .

Account Picture . . .: I just reset, my Windows 10 computer. Now, if I go to Settings/Accounts. There's no picture . . . Just a circle? What should I do, to put my picture is that circle? Thanks for reading . . . Jerry...
  5. account picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    account picture: I can't get rid of my account picture, even though none shows up in my account picture folder. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture/801db9be-c07b-472d-bf86-e85c0f16a06c"
  6. Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.

Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed.: Account picture error. Setting the account picture failed. Please try again. Just installed the new Windows 10 v1809 Build 17763.55 LTSC 2019 EnterpriseSN Version N have the default grey person avatar... every time I try to change my avatar to any custom image I get the...
  7. account picture

account picture: how to download account picture in windows 10? found the pictures in C; users; username; …..; account pictures, but can not copy or download them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-picture/40da652b-05c0-470f-812f-a9bb8c61a36d
  8. Account Picture

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Picture: how can i set the account picture for my PC. It always show error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/account-picture/6dd254fd-411f-4a53-996e-261e0ebf1aac"
  9. Account Pictures

Account Pictures: [img] If you like to change your 'Account Picture' frequently and would rather not have to navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts>Account Picture and choose from only the last 3 images or Browse for another one, then head over to C:\Users\(your...
  10. Setting the Account Picture Failed. Please Try Again

Setting the Account Picture Failed. Please Try Again: I've tried time and time again to fix Windows so I can use Account Pictures that show. First off, nothing has worked. I saw someone say somewhere on the internet that the problem might be with the Domain settings. Second, I look in the folders for current pictures and there...