Windows 10: Setting default sorting options for folders?

Discus and support Setting default sorting options for folders? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to set a default sorting method for files in folders (by sorting I mean whether files in folders are sorted by date, name or whatever)?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Alfred001, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Alfred001 Win User

Setting default sorting options for folders?

Is there a way to set a default sorting method for files in folders (by sorting I mean whether files in folders are sorted by date, name or whatever)?

When I change the settings through the right click menu it only applies to the folder I'm in at the moment.

:)

Alfred001, Feb 14, 2017

2. Which mobile number is used for sending SMS?

Windows Phone 7.5

I can see the switch option, thanks. That sorts the default setting out.

Ryan Clark (PPC), Feb 14, 2017
  3. After updation to v50 from nokia my menu animation is not there !!plzz help

okey ..

but there is option of sorting in messages .. it becomes sort by sender .. dn if u leave inbox and again enter it .... it defaults back to sort by date !!

my nokia 5800XM battery backup is of a day appox !!

is it fine ??

on the other hand other sets give more then 2 and half hour battery backup !!

ankur_juyal, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 14, 2017
  5. Alfred001 Win User
    Alfred001, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    *Thumbs

Yep, that's part of the tutorial I posted. I just linked it in the tutorial to save space to not have to repeat the same steps in it.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting default sorting options for folders? - Similar Threads - Setting default sorting

2. Default "Sort By" explorer option keeps getting ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default "Sort By" explorer option keeps getting ignored: I used to have this issue last year and it was gone after resetting my computer. Somehow, my problem is back. Thankfully, it's only on a few different folders and not all of them.Basically, I'm used to having certain folder sosrted by "last modified" to find recent files...
  3. Default "Sort By" explorer option keeps getting ignored

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default "Sort By" explorer option keeps getting ignored: I used to have this issue last year and it was gone after resetting my computer. Somehow, my problem is back. Thankfully, it's only on a few different folders and not all of them.Basically, I'm used to having certain folder sosrted by "last modified" to find recent files...
  4. Default "Sort By" explorer option keeps getting ignored

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Default sort order for specific folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default sort order for specific folder?: Every time I open OneDrive from the system tray and go to my Camera Uploads folder in Windows Explorer, it is displayed in order of name. That is how I want to view most folders in Explorer, but for this folder I would like it to sort by date desc by default. Is that possible...
  6. default folder setting

default folder setting: I see that this issue has been going on for the last few years and with all my searching i have not yet seen a solution, especially now after all the updates as certain options aren't available like remember folder view in explorer...... All my folders keep switching back to...
  7. No sorting options?

No sorting options?: Hey, I recently updated to the insider build 1903 and I'm unable to sort files in a folder. Whenever I click on the Sort By tab, the only options are Ascending, Decending, and Choose Columns. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  8. Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Folder View Option To a New Default Setting: I am Using Windows 10 PRO I want to change the Folder VIEW OPTION To a NEW DEFAULT SETTING. Currently now when I open up a folder, It sorts and displays the contents by Name and Ascending Refer to Image 1 This Image 1 is The DEFAULT View I get All the File are scattered...
  9. How to set default Sort Order for files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to set default Sort Order for files: Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to automatically set by default, the View/Sort Order. What I mean is, I don't want to keep opening up my file browser (Explorer), clicking on Name, then Type to sort them. Is there a way to have this automatically so it by default? I know...
  10. Default Folder Setting

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder Setting: I would like most of my folders to open with Details for the view. Then when I want it differently I can change it. It seems like every time I open a new folder or one that has not yet been opened within 10 they all are large icons which provide little information. Is...