Windows 10: Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

Discus and support Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am setting up my wifes new laptop and she has never had to enter a password so that isd how she wants it to stay. My googling resulted in me... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by woldsweather, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

I am setting up my wifes new laptop and she has never had to enter a password so that isd how she wants it to stay. My googling resulted in me unticking a box re needing a password, and when the laptop startys up its fine, straight to the desktop, but then when it times out to a black screen and you try and access it it then asks for a password. How can I eliminate the need for the password after the time out?

:)

woldsweather, Dec 26, 2017

2. How do I log into my Windows 10 laptop after forgetting password?

Thank you Vinodh.

The information you sent is good, but my situation is different. I am able to log into my Microsoft account no problem. My problem is that I can't log into my laptop. The laptop is new and is loaded with Windows 10. I was setting up the new laptop when it
    rebooted. After it rebooted it asked for a password. So my question is how do I by-pass this password screen when I don't know the password to log into the laptop? The laptop is an Asus laptop loaded with Windows 10.

Thanks again for your help.

MIAMI NICE, Dec 26, 2017
  3. Setting up a new laptop.

So I've bought a new laptop for my daughter and set it up for her, updated and all.

I logged in with my Microsoft account to start the process however now it is set up I want to remove myself from the laptop but cannot find out how to do it. Want it to be like a generic laptop in the old days so that when she gets it she can set herself
    up on it. She is away from me at the moment and wanted it to be a surprise hence not asking for her MS ID.

Any ideas if it is possible?

MAny thanks in advance.

andycripps, Dec 26, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

Ztruker, Dec 26, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Easy one. Go to Settings/ Accounts/ Sign-in options and set Require sign-in to Never in drop down menu. This will wake the screen when it times out w/o password entry.

Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen

1. Setting up new laptop and wanting no log in screen - Similar Threads - Setting laptop wanting

2. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  3. New laptop set up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New laptop set up: Hi I have just bought a laptop for my son, I am using my Microsoft account for 365 etc as am allowed 5 devices.The problem is all my information ie, one drive etc..So he can see bank details etc very private stuff. I don't want him seeing all this and want a empty laptop for...
  4. Setting up a new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up a new laptop: Hello,I'm setting up a new laptop for the first time and don't want to bring any of my other linked computer apps or documents to it. When I log into my Microsoft account or OneDrive account it automatically connects the two. Is there a way to set it up independently under...
  5. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  6. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    setting up new laptop: hi. I have a windows 10 laptop that uses my Microsoft account and email. When my wife bought her laptop we set it up with my Microsoft account and added her email to it. Now we are buying her a new laptop with windows 11 and when we set it up, can she set it up with her own...
  7. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Set Up New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Set Up New Laptop: When setting up new laptop, windows account is not recognised, when windows account entered into create account 'you cannot log in with work account' message is received? Other colleagues at same company do not have this issue....
  9. setting up new laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    setting up new laptop: i am trying to set up a new laptop and do not know how to get my pop.windstream settings to get onto my outlook existing account that is on my desktop...
  10. new laptop set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    new laptop set up: this is a brand new laptop . I don't want this laptop to be affected by the insider program my other laptops are . do I need to give this laptop a new windows account?...