Windows 10: Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry

Discus and support Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is it necessary to also change settings in the Group Policy Editor if I have already done so in the settings app. Looking at this link this morning:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry

Is it necessary to also change settings in the Group Policy Editor if I have already done so in the settings app. Looking at this link this morning:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/03/12/co...ry-windows-10/

and in the settings app diagnostics is set to basic. Do I also need to get into the Group Policy Editor and set it there as well? TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Mar 12, 2018

2. Windows 10 Settings and Local Group Policy Editor

I was just curious to know if there is a way to easily locate all of the corresponding settings that are in the new Windows 10 Windows Settings app within the Local Group Policy Editor? The reason I ask is because I had recently discovered that several
    of the settings that I have changed in the Windows Settings app have not stuck. This has occurred on several Windows 10 Enterprise systems that I had configured at work. However, the only way that I was able to make the settings stick was to modify them
    in the Local Group Policy Editor instead. It took me some time to find the corresponding settings in the Local Group Policy Editor by searching on Google. That's why I would like to know if there is an easier way to find all of the corresponding settings
    in the new Windows Settings app in the Local Group Policy Editor.

Thank you for your time and assistance,

David

David D 3878, Mar 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10 will not allow me to change my Windows Insider settings.

Okay means it is already set to 3. Please see the solution below from:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/...

On the Registry Editor, hover over to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, then go to CurrentControlSet, then go to Services, then go to DiagTrack, then hover over to the "Start'' [a Reg_Dword entry] & double click on it, then change the value from either "2" (for automatic),
    "3" (for manual) to "4" to disabled the Group Policy Telemetry Services

So change the value to 4 and see if the issue persists.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 12, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry

Brink, Mar 12, 2018
  5. Thanks for the lightening quick response. On another note I have always "snipped" original messages to only reflect the portion of the reply that reflects an answer to my question instead of quoting the entire response. It has always been my assumption that anyone reading the thread has started from the beginning and has already seen the response in it's entirety. Is that acceptable here?

phaedruspress, Mar 12, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Sure that is fine. The quote includes a link to it to make it easy for folks to read the full quoted posted if needed.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry

1. Settings App vs. Group Policy Editor Re: Telemetry - Similar Threads - Settings App Group

2. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  3. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Group Policy Editor: So when I go into the group policy editor gpedit.msc my administration templates folder has nothing in it, I have done this in the cmd: regsvr32 gptext.dll and nothing changed. Please tell me how I can fix this problem....
  4. Group Policy Editor

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: It appears my Windows 10 [1909 OS Build 18363.1440] OS, either does not have or will give access to a Local Group Policy Editor. When I attempt to open the Group Policy Editor, from cmdline: gpedit.msc → NOT RECOGNIZED same in PowerShell. When I tried via search it gave me...
  6. Group Policy Editor Folders

Group Policy Editor Folders: I'm not sure if this is "kosher" for community rules, but this is the problem I'm having: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy-editor/37e25498-bfeb-4820-86be-146696cb56c2?auth=1. The thread is locked so I wanted to repost and see if anyone else...
  7. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Group policy editor: [ATTACH] when i write Gpedit.msc i get this and it's full of errors and I don't like the computer configuration section, I just came out but I don't know how I did it, that is, I don't know if it's my fault or not, I've already looked on the internet but I haven't found...
  8. Group Policy Editor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Editor: I've Win 10 Pro, I had group policy editor until I update to 1909. Now Windows says it can't find it. I don't want to have to use either a pin or a password when I restart the machine. I had that configured in 1809 but updating to 1909, hung, so a Windows Advisor reinstalled...
  9. Group Policy Editor

Group Policy Editor: I just reset my PC trying to fix a perceived problem within group policy editor. After reset, the issue persists. I don't know if it's called a folder or node or container but the name "Administrative Templates" is missing and clicking on ANY object within the unnamed folder...
  10. Group policy editor

in Windows 10 Support
    Group policy editor: Hi, does windows 10 version 1903 remove access to group policy editor? Thank you. 138554