Windows 10: Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen

Discus and support Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a done a factory reset on a Toshiba Satellite P850 which I previously upgraded to Windows 10 last year through the free upgrade program. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by rossmc87, Nov 15, 2016.

1. rossmc87 Win User

Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen

I have a done a factory reset on a Toshiba Satellite P850 which I previously upgraded to Windows 10 last year through the free upgrade program. I am now trying to reinstall Win 10 but the laptop is stuck at the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen. I have tried using the F keys including F2 and F12 but no key presses are working at all except for the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys. I have also tried unplugging all external peripherals and removing the battery but to no avail.

Is there any way to unfreeze the laptop?

:)

rossmc87, Nov 15, 2016
  2. drwtcg Win User

Install Win 10 on a tablet

It is a Toshiba Encore and no, there is no Microsoft logo....only a Toshiba logo and then a blank screen...forever!

The answer I'm looking for is how to edit the unattended setup file used to install Win 10 without user prompts (Setup.exe /unattend:unattent.xml) .....the xml file works to a point and then gets the error msg about the product key not readable.....I want
    to do an unattended setup with no product key and use the "Do This Later" option..

drwtcg, Nov 15, 2016
  3. Windows 10 stuck on the bios screen

Just like I mentioned before, I'm stuck at the manufacturers logo. I turn on my pc, it shows me the manufacturer logo which is ASROCK and that's it. From this screen it won't move unless I choose to run UEFI Setup or Instant Flash or Boot Menu or Switch
    Screen.

LychusWhytin, Nov 15, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Can you get to the BIOS before the Windows boot manager takes over? If so, you can boot to a repair USB flash stick and try all kinds of repairs. If you have access to another PC on which to build such a thing, you'll find this tutorial invaluable: Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Nov 15, 2016
  5. rossmc87 Win User
    I've already tried to get into the BIOS as well as the boot menu but the laptop is completely unresponsive to any key presses except for Caps Lock & Num Lock

rossmc87, Nov 15, 2016
  6. It sounds like you have already done this but I'll post it again anyway. Power it down, unplug the power pack and remove the battery. Then press and hold down the power button for 5 seconds or so. Now plug it back in, power up, and try the F keys again. If it was using Windows Fast Startup it wasn't completely shutting down. It was going into a hybrid sleep mode. Accessing the BIOS can be an issue when booting up from this mode. Doing what I posted will force a cold start.
    Doing the free upgrade will often break the factory recovery feature by the way. Even if it works, you'll get the original factory installed OS, not Windows 10. Doing a RESET might have been a better option.

Can you actually boot into Windows?

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen - Similar Threads - Setup stuck Toshiba

2. screen stuck on "Setup is Starting"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen stuck on "Setup is Starting": hello i have been trying to install windows on my SSD for a while now, the SSD was having the error "Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device" error, I then used a USB to try and install windows, everything works fine until I get to the install screen, after clicking the install...
  3. PC stuck on setup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck on setup screen: I was using my computer before my screen flashed and i caught the word “driver” appearing briefly on my screen before my computer restarted and the “Windows Setup” screen appeared. I clicked “Install now”, “i don’t have a product key”. I’m asked to choose which version of...
  4. MSI Logo stuck in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSI Logo stuck in screen: I have a MSI Cube Mini PC with Windows 10, Intel i7, 16 RG RAM and 500 GB hard drive. Every time I turn it on get stuck at the MSI logo in screen, no spinning symbol, no error message, only the black screen with the MSI logo and stays like that until I force it to turn off...
  5. MSI Logo stuck in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MSI Logo stuck in screen: I have a MSI Cube Mini PC with Windows 10, Intel i7, 16 RG RAM and 500 GB hard drive. Every time I turn it on get stuck at the MSI logo in screen, no spinning symbol, no error message, only the black screen with the MSI logo and stays like that until I force it to turn off...
  6. MSI Logo stuck in screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Toshiba stuck on boot up screen

Toshiba stuck on boot up screen: can someone plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-stuck-on-boot-up-screen/f2cf2e25-5a19-4dc8-9380-1bd91180b47b
  8. Logos 7 Setup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Logos 7 Setup: When running set up I receive the following error message: The selected user does not have sufficient privileges to complete the setup. Choose Administrator from the Run As.... dialog. I have checked ownership and permissions and all seem to be OK....
  9. Stuck on logo screen

Stuck on logo screen: I see a lot of people have had this problem. I did the last update after it installed it started up but stuck on logo screen with the dots turning. I've done the restart, it will not go in safe mode just sits on black screen with no dots when I try that. I've tried to get the...
  10. Blank screen after toshiba logo

Blank screen after toshiba logo: Laptop was running a bit slugish so i reset it now it will not boot passed toshiba logo . I hve tried to enter safe enviroment with no luck tried windows 10 on usb and hve tried to use a monitor with no luck . Once the toshiba logo is there for 5 - 10 seconds it just gives me...