Windows 10: Sfc /offlogfile

Discus and support Sfc /offlogfile in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Swifty, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Swifty Win User

Sfc /offlogfile

If I execute the command: sfc
    ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE

If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt
    ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on?

I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to direct the output to a file.
    So I tried: sfc /verifyonly > E:\temp\verifyonly.txt
    ... and of course that worked.
    But the text in the file is curious. Every character is taking 2 bytes, the first being x'00'

It's simple enough to write a script to get around these minor issues; I'm just curious why I should have to!

:)

Swifty, Nov 7, 2018

2. HELP with SFC after DVD upgrade to 10 please

Messing around with the component store is tricky.

After you restore I suggest using Windows to correct the issue
    Do NOT run SFC until we're sure - that just puts you in a loop or worse

1. Programs and Features: Uninstall Avast

2. Run the Avast cleaner

3. Programs and Features: Make a note of what C++ redists are installed
      Uninstall all C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions)
      Restart the machine
      Re-install the C++ redists (both x86 and x64 versions) from the MS link I gave you above that were installed
    4. Cleanup the image
      See: DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Windows 10 Forums

Use step 6. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:wim Command if you downloaded the ISO from Techbench

Use step 7. To Use DISM /RestoreHealth /Source:esd Command if you used the Media Creation Tool
      Report back if DISM reported any errors - I'll need to look at the CBS log
    That's enough for now - those steps should clean up your machine. Remember, the only thing SFC reported was the reference to AVAST C runtime. Reinstalling MS C runtime should make them the SxS winners.

After you complete those steps, I'll ask you to look at a few other things before proceeding.
    Do NOT run SFC until asked ... you might have to divert from the path to fix something else

Slartybart, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Cannot vertically scroll after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

I suggest that you run the SFC scan and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Vinod Archak, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Sfc /offlogfile

Corrupted files still there after sfc/scannow

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. I would like to ask you:

• What issues are you facing on the computer, for which you ran the SFC scan?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps to repair these files:

a) Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command Prompt (Admin)”.

b) In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

c) Close the command prompt after this step.

Now, restart the computer and check. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Thank you

Sahil Bali, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Sfc /offlogfile

1. Sfc /offlogfile - Similar Threads - Sfc offlogfile

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  6. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  7. How can i run sfc?

How can i run sfc?: If i run sfc scannow it says “windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.” If i run sfc verifyonly it says “found integrity problems” https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-run-sfc/61e1c609-5fa2-4d01-bcac-26103aed5eba
  8. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to run sfc with offlogfile flag: Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  9. how to run sfc with offlogfile flag

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run sfc with offlogfile flag: Ran SFC , Got the following. "C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some time. Beginning verification phase of system scan. Verification 100% complete. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of...
  10. Sfc /offlogfile

in Windows 10 Support
    Sfc /offlogfile: If I execute the command: sfc ... then I get the help, including the parameter /OFFLOGFILE If I execute the command: sfc /scannow /offlogfile=E:\temp\scannnow.txt ... then the help is displayed, but no error message. What's going on? I'm trying to run sfc /verifyonly and to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. OFFLOGFILE

2. /offlogfile

3. offlogfile flag

4. offlogfil,
  5. offlogfile flag command,
  6. http://offlogfile/,
  7. /offlogfile flag windows 10,
  8. offlogfile flag windows 10,
  9. sfc /OFFLOGFILE,
  10. offloffile,
  11. sfc offlogfile,