Windows 10: sfc/scannow cannot repair

Discus and support sfc/scannow cannot repair in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Charles17, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Charles17 Win User

sfc/scannow cannot repair

I'm experiencing an issue with a corrupt file "close.png". It's not causing any issues with my daily activities, that I'm aware of, but while attempting to fix another issue relating to message "updater crashed" I keep running into this file saying unfixable. I've ran sfc/scannow a number of times and each time it's showing different errors that it has fixed but the same one resisting.
    2015-11-10 17:46:40, Info CSI 000030f3 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-10 17:46:53, Info CSI 00003147 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-10 18:03:12, Info CSI 0000592b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-10 18:03:13, Info CSI 0000592e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-11 14:07:07, Info CSI 000030ca [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-11 14:07:17, Info CSI 00003118 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-11 14:54:14, Info CSI 00005905 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
    2015-11-11 14:54:15, Info CSI 00005908 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:18{9}]"Close.png" of Microsoft-WindowsFeedback.AppxMain, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch

I just included the "cannot repair". The full file will not upload due to size. I've tried "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" but without success as it says it cannot find the source. My pc originally ran windows 8.1 and upgraded to 10 via OTA update. So no disk either.
    Thank you for any help you may offer.

:)

Charles17, Nov 11, 2015

2. Cannot repair sfc /scannow

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are
    facing issues with windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

To resolve this problem, use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool. Then, install the Windows update or service pack again.

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search. Type Command
      Prompt in the Search box, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.

It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running
    Windows installation as the repair source, or use a Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

NoteReplace the
    C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference
    Repair a Windows Image.

• Close the command prompt, and then run
      Windows Update again.
    DISM creates a log file (%windir%/Logs/CBS/CBS.log) that captures any issues that the tool found or fixed. %windir% is the folder in which Windows is installed. For example, the %windir% folder is C:\Windows.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 11, 2015
  3. FlipPlop Win User
    Cannot repair sfc /scannow

I am unable to repair a certain file no matter how many times I run the SFC /SCANNOW or DISM commands in cmd.

I have clean install the machine several times too.

I would like to know if the following files will affect my system if not repaired or I can safely ignore it.

2015-08-22 00:32:21, Info CSI 00004b64 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:16{8}]"Kds.psd1" of Microsoft.KeyDistributionService.Cmdlets, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {xxx} in the store, hash mismatch

FlipPlop, Nov 11, 2015
  4. JohnC Win User

JohnC, Nov 11, 2015
  5. Charles17 Win User
    Thank you. I downloaded the iso, burned it to a dvd and copied the "sources" file to the c drive. I reran dism.exe and it said it was a success. I ran sfc/scannow and it had a log of 9MB. The original issue was still present. The log showed an extensive number of issues that it corrected. The log after using iso was actually larger than the log prior to using the image file.

Charles17, Nov 11, 2015
  6. JohnC Win User
    Sometimes you need to run the SFC command three times to get it to clean up all the mess. One other thing I might add is there is going to be a update to the RTM sometime soon and that should fix the problem, (if you have the RTM). That is like an in place upgrade (repair install) which would be the next step to try if the SFC command won't fix your troubles. Just in case, and I hope you don't need it. Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade .

JohnC, Nov 11, 2015
  7. Charles17 Win User
    Thanks again. I ran sfsc/scannow twice more and after the second it said it did not find any integrity violations. It appears everything is fine now. Thank you for your assistance on this matter. You've been most helpful.

Charles17, Nov 11, 2015
  8. JohnC Win User

Glad it worked for you. *Smile

JohnC, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. sfc/scannow cannot repair - Similar Threads - sfc scannow cannot

2. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  3. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot run sfc /scannow: Hi,Believing my Windows installation had some missing or corrupted files, I tried to run sfc /scannow in my command prompt. But I got the error message: Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service.I already tried to:- Run the command prompt as...
  4. Cannot run sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. cannot run sfc / scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  6. cannot run sfc / scannow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot run sfc / scannow: In cmd prompt I get this message when attempting to run sfc/scannow:"you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use sfc/scannnow"How do I resolve this?...
  7. Cannot run SFC/scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run SFC/scannow: Dear all, Tried all sorts of remedies for above problem, nothing seems to work. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-run-sfcscannow/85432df1-6503-4753-bdd6-932c282071ca
  8. sfc /scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc /scannow error repair: Task bar icons suddenly stopped working (Start, action center, wifi, battery ) as well as ease of access keyboard Online discussions lead me to deliver sfc scannow action would solve it, I got the following list of errors 2019-10-07 01:17:23, Info CSI...
  9. Sfc/scannow error repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sfc/scannow error repair: Errors are reported which sfc cannot repair. I found some errors in the CBS.log. How do I tell if these are the (only) errors and how do I repair them? This is something of which I have no knowledge or experience. 2018-11-29 13:26:19, Info CSI 000046ef Error: Overlap:...
  10. SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SFC/SCANNOW cannot start the repair action: In the post Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile there is some code to address this issue. I ran the script, but get an error "file wrpint.dll not found". I searched and found it in windows/WinSxS/......... It is found in many subfolders. The...