Windows 10: sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install

Discus and support sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 installed on top of Windows 7. When I ran sfc /scannow, I expected to be able to replace the corrupt files with good ones. However, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Nisko, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install

I have Windows 10 installed on top of Windows 7. When I ran sfc /scannow, I expected to be able to replace the corrupt files with good ones. However, I just did a Repair Install and I still get a message that I have corrupt files and Windows can't fix them. Any other possible solutions out there?

:)

Nisko, Jan 10, 2017
  2. dubshot Win User

sfc/scannow shows corrupted files that can't be fixed

There was a problem with that site so I have hosted file here

cbs.txt.txt

dubshot, Jan 10, 2017
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files but cannot repair some of them/1709 build

Hi

I had a hard time reading the CBS log and had no clues as to what are the corruptions. I found many errors stating duplicates. How can I send the cbs log file so that you can check on your end? I need your help.

PaulPChou, Jan 10, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Do you have any restore points ?

AddRAM, Jan 10, 2017
  5. Borg 386 Win User

Borg 386, Jan 10, 2017
  6. Nisko Win User
    I have had the corrupt system file message for many months - so I don't have a recent System Restore. I'm not familiare with DISM. Is using it a way to repair my System files. If so, is there a tutorial on how to do it. Thank you.
    \

Nisko, Jan 10, 2017
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    The link I posted is to a tutorial on this site.

Borg 386, Jan 10, 2017
  8. Nisko Win User

What is "Inbox Corruption Repair" and "Component Store Corruption."? I saw the tutorial you sent me. That will restore my System Files?

Nisko, Jan 10, 2017
  9. Nisko Win User
    Thank you so much!! You wouldn't believe how grateful I am that you pointed me to the Dism command. For the first time in two years (maybe more), my system files are intact. The first thing I'm going to do now is to make three images of my hard drive. Thanks so much again!!!

Nisko, Jan 11, 2017
  10. Borg 386 Win User
    Glad to hear the suggestion helped & you got it sorted *Smile

Borg 386, Jan 11, 2017
  11. wilpang Win User
    Hi guys

I'm having the same issues and followed Easy Tech Guides website but it didn't fix the error.
    Is there anymore I can do? Can it be left or does it require fixing?

wilpang, Feb 18, 2017
  12. EdTittel Win User
    If it didn't fix it, you have to dig into the CBS.log file (by default, it resides in %windir%\logs\CBS, where %windir% is the home Windows directory, usually C:\Windows) and see what kinds of errors it's reporting. If you want to post that file here as an attachment to a follow-up post to this thread, we can take a look at it and give you some input.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 18, 2017
  13. wilpang Win User

The file exceeds the limit on this forum, anyway round it?

wilpang, Feb 18, 2017
  14. EdTittel Win User
    Open the file locally in Notepad and search for the word "corrupt" Cut'n'paste only the lines that qualify under the search into a second file and post that instead. If there are a LOT of such things, provide a sample and give the total count. I'm starting to lean toward the idea that you might want to just perform an in-place upgrade repair install instead, if you find a large number of affected items. See this tutorial for more on the repair install: Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Feb 19, 2017
  15. wilpang Win User
    Hi Ed

I did what you suggested and nothing comes up under 'corrupt' so I'm not sure what the issue is...

wilpang, Feb 19, 2017
Thema:

1. sfc /scannow: Can't fix corrupt files with a Repair Install - Similar Threads - sfc scannow Can't

2. sfc/scannow says it “fixed corrupted files” but didnt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc/scannow says it “fixed corrupted files” but didnt: I’m pretty sure why my computer can boot into windows is because I have corrupt files I try scanning and it says I have to reset the pc to “fix it but I’m back in recovery manager I have attempted to factory reset my pc with my usb drive but it either stops at 10% and says...
  3. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  4. Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fix sfc /scannow corrupt file "vmbusr.sys"?: I was trying to scan my PC by Command Prompt using sfc /scannow and got hit by the message that Windows unfortunately cannot fix my corrupt file. I've tried everything to fix that by using all the combination of CHKDSK & DISM prompt, installing third party app like MiniTool...
  5. Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fixing corrupted files after "sfc/scannow": I am getting all of the the corrupted file error from WindowsPowershell folder after i checked CBS file after sfc scan , example of one : Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\Defender\\MSFT_MpScan.cdxml; source file in...
  6. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  7. How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix SFC Scannow Corrupted files: Hello, Being a novice with computers I thought to ask you all before I try something which may make things worse. I've neglected to tun SFC Scannow for a while and I've now fun it a few times as Administrator. I got the "Some corrupted files could not be fixed" result. The...
  8. Can't repair some files sfc scannow

Can't repair some files sfc scannow: Hi everyone, I installed Windows 10 today and after setting up everything, tweaking etc. I decided to re-overclock my GPU except I forgot what I used to have my core clock at so I accidentally pushed it a bit further than it could handle. Needless to say it crashed during...
  9. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866
  10. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant repair sfc scannow fresh install