Windows 10: SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

Discus and support SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all, Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jargo91, Aug 26, 2015.

1. jargo91 Win User

SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails

Hi all,
    Recently updated to windows 10 I've tried a scannow to resolve another issue and I get a failure message with files being corrupted. I've tried a reset keeping my files but I've got no idea where to look next. Attached is my log file from the SFC and the DISM log really stuck currently. Thanks for any help in advance! *Biggrin

DISM
    Error: 0x800f081f

The source files could not be found.
    Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see Configure a Windows Repair Source.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Scannow
    Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios.

:)

jargo91, Aug 26, 2015

2. Windows files corrupt, SFC Scannow and Dism could not complete correctly.

I managed to get Hearthstone and Guild Wars 2 working by not running EVGA PrecisionX 16. Apparently this has been a common problem with people. It's strange that people are having to remove programs which have supposedly been updated to support Windows 10
    in order to get other programs to work properly.

Still haven't found out how to get Windows to repair itself yet though.

Jobo Harcourt, Aug 26, 2015
  3. jcmtm Win User
    sfc/ scannow cannot fix corrupt files and DISM cannot find source

Hi ZigZag3143,

I did as you instructed this morning, created the ISO on a flash drive and ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIMSFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails :D:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

I am still getting the same message of "The source files cannot be found...Configure a Windows Repair Source."

The flash drive is in the "D" drive and the Windows 10 ISO download was completed successfully. What should I do?

Thanks so much,

jcmtm, Aug 26, 2015
  4. jargo91 Win User

Found fix myself been driving me mad for a few days here's the steps I did from a variety of googles. Not sure it would work for anyone else and no gurantees of this working *Biggrin

->Download a copy of the windows 10 iso at Windows 10 choose 32/64 bit depending on your system
    -> I then mounted this using windows 10 double clicking the iso puts it on a new drive letter
    ->In the mounted iso file find sources\install.wim this is in a strange esd format
    ->install NT lite add your install.wim(esd) file and convert it into a wim file place it somewhere on your harddrive I found making a easy to type path useful for later
    ->Start run cmd as admin
    -> Enter Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup into the cmd window making sure you are using cmd as admin and wait
    ->Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:Path:1 /limitaccess
    Path being the complete path to the wim file like mine was e:\sources\install.wim

jargo91, Aug 26, 2015
  5. Blutarsky Win User
    I realize that this is an old thread but I have just upgraded all of my pc's to win 10. I found the protocol posted by jargo91 to be the fix for two of my 5 pc's that had corrupted system files. I had tried several other protocols unsuccessfully but finally sfc /scannow was able to fix the files on the first run after a reboot (following jargo91 fix) and found no corruption on the second run.

Blutarsky, Dec 28, 2015
  6. Everything else is clear, but not quite sure about this step:

What exactly does this involve? I've installed NT lite, but I'm not quite sure how to follow these instructions.

RandomFlux, May 15, 2016
  7. Scratch that, I figured it out. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails :)

RandomFlux, May 15, 2016
  8. Janerl Win User

Registered just to say thank you so much!! This worked perfectly as described. While Win 10 was downloading, I tried Googling and trying other things, but nothing else worked (and I didn't really see this recommendation laid out anywhere else either). I was able to both successful complete DISM, and then run scf /scannow after a reboot. Hopefully this fixes my intermittent BSOD problems as well, but in any case, I am grateful you took the time to write this up after you figured it out. Thanks again!

Janerl, Jun 8, 2016
  9. Slartybart, Jun 8, 2016
  10. I started from the same problem situation on Windows 8.1 Pro. Somehow (I have no clue how I did this since I tried lots of suggestions on the web), but sfc /scannow now finishes successfully. Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, however, still has the same problem as you mention. Is this important to fix (since sfc /scannow does not detect integrity violations anymore). (Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth mentions that it is repairable though).

matt77hias, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. SFC /ScanNow Corrupt Files & DISM fails - Similar Threads - SFC ScanNow Corrupt

2. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  3. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  4. sfc /scannow found corrupt files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Good evening, How to fix corrupt files that could not be repaired with sfc tool? I executed DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and gave me this error: "Error 0x800f081f, The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the...
  5. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...
  6. "corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction"

"corrupted files & sfc /scannow malfunction": Hi, So on May 16,2018, my ASUS-ROG GL553VD 15" laptop with the "OS" on an additional SSD-(C*Smile and personal files on the original mechanical HDD-(D*Smile was "Auto Upgraded" to the latest version of Windows 10. I received Version 1803 Build 17134.48 64-bit Home which...
  7. Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails

Sfc /scannow and DISM /Online fails: My Lenovo T400 with Windows 10 version 1511 works just fine. But I do find that these 2 commands fail me. Logs are attached. I do want to preserve some applications that I have installed so suggestions on how I can repair or upgrade would be appreciated. It's my understanding...
  8. DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files

DISM Source files could not be found, sfc /scannow found corrupt files: Custom build for a friend. OS: Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit MB: MSI Z170-A Pro Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 680 CPU: Intel i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz RAM: 8g Installed OS through bootable USB, as the build has no CD drive. On completion of build I had some driver issues which were...
  9. SFC /scannow with corrupted files

SFC /scannow with corrupted files: Hi Roomies, After a clean install and running Win 10-pro-64-10586.36 I'm getting this error. [img] Any quick help will be appreciated. I don't know what other test or fixer to run. Thank you. 36866
  10. SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?

SFC scannow cannot fix corrupt files, Dism?: Hi guys. I know this may be old news to some of you guys, but posting anyway. So I installed a game which did some net framework installing and after that had a hang. Removed the game, did sfc and found corrupt files. C:\Windows\system32>sfc\scannow The system cannot...