Windows 10: Sfc /scannow

Discus and support Sfc /scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm new to the forum When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to? "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Zeus69 Win User

Sfc /scannow

Hi

I'm new to the forum

When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to?

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios"

:)

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Buffy201 Win User

sfc /scannow

This did not work .. My laptop won't even boot to windows

Buffy201, Sep 1, 2015
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

Looks like a faulty drive.Please check the drive with diagnostics provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Steve C Win User

Sfc /scannow

See http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html and try running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to see if this solves your problem. Then run SFC /SCANNOW again - you may need to do this times with a full restart between each time SFC is run.

Steve C, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Zeus69 Win User
    Done this and no progress. I downloaded the Windows Image File onto my F drive and run:

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"
    and get the following notification.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[=========== 20.0% ]
    Error: 1726

The remote procedure call failed.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

What next ?

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Zeus69 Win User
    Done this and no progress. I downloaded the Windows Image File onto my F drive and run:

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"
    and get the following notification.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[=========== 20.0% ]

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

What next ?

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Zeus69 Win User

Sfc /scannow

I Tried the above but receive the following error when running:

C:\Windows\system32>call Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Version: 6.3.9600.17031

Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031

[===========================80.0%============== ]

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  9. GregH Win User
    I suspect that a high percentage of those that upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will get this message about corrupt files. I am OCD about my PC - had a perfectly running Win 7 and after upgrading, scf gave the same errors. Same problem running a USB ISO clean install.

It's not being reported much on the forums yet as not many people will actually bother to run this command. It drove me nuts and I installed Win 10 from a MS DVD in the end (as I said, I am OCD) and the errors are no more.

If your issue is like mine, then it is an issue with the initial install - the sfc errors were reported after running the command immediately after the clean install - even before loading any drivers.

GregH, Sep 2, 2015
  10. Zeus69 Win User
    I agree... the problem only manifested itself after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8

I used to run SFC / SCANNOW every 3 / 4 months without problem.

Problems only started after upgrade to Windows 10 - The first issue was Outlook failing to send emails - SFC fixed that... from thereon-in errors have been popping up.

Microsoft do not accept that the Windows 10 install could have caused the problem saying that the problems 'MUST' have been on my system prior to upgrade!! - However for a one-off fee or annual support payment they will be able to remote into my system and fix all the issues... But they will not tell me how to do it myself *Smile

Zeus69, Sep 2, 2015
  11. GregH Win User
    Hmmm.... I would be skeptical allowing MS to dig around in my PC remotely. No guarantee that they will be able to fix it either. They might still end up telling you to re-install.

I don't know if this will work but you have a legal license for your Windows 10 - try obtain a MS DVD matching your version and install that. Just make sure you do not enter any license key from the DVD packaging during the install unless you have actually purchased it. Theoretically this should still activate using your already assigned license key that is registered with MS. I suspect that your troubles will be gone then.

A clean install using a MS DVD is what sorted me. I must have reinstalled Win 10 pro about 6 times using different USB's and different ISO's (re downloaded 3 times) and could not get away from the issue.

GregH, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sfc /scannow

1. Sfc /scannow - Similar Threads - Sfc scannow

2. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  3. After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM...: After March 2024 Update - I'm getting "class not registered" and sfc /scannow and DISM cannot fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-march-2024-update-im-getting-class-not/589463a8-9fff-41ff-acf7-dfb6efa6ed9a
  4. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  5. sfc /scannow

sfc /scannow: Whenever i try to do sfc /scannow in cmd i get this message : Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/797942d5-5528-46b0-8d2f-6bfea428c9f6
  6. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  8. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.: I try to run sfc scannow, it gets to 100% and thrn it days windows resource protection could not perform the requested action. I try to tun Dism online cleanup-image checkhealth and i get “dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option.” I have the dism...
  9. sfc /scannow Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

10. sfc /scannow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sfc /scannow: When i tried to sfc /scannow my system because of corrupt files it told me "We found corrupt files but we are unable to fix some of them" What should i do now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sfc-scannow/2b550cd9-3d46-45a0-a3cb-c8f3d2859838