Windows 10: Sfc /scannow

Discus and support Sfc /scannow in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm new to the forum When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to? "Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Zeus69 Win User

Sfc /scannow

Hi

I'm new to the forum

When running SFC / SCANNOW I get an error message - Can someone help in fixing the issues that it refers to?

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios"

:)

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  2. Buffy201 Win User

sfc /scannow

This did not work .. My laptop won't even boot to windows

Buffy201, Sep 1, 2015
  3. SFC/SCANNOW

Looks like a faulty drive.Please check the drive with diagnostics provided by the manufacturer

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 1, 2015
  4. Steve C Win User

Sfc /scannow

See http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html and try running Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth to see if this solves your problem. Then run SFC /SCANNOW again - you may need to do this times with a full restart between each time SFC is run.

Steve C, Sep 1, 2015
  5. Zeus69 Win User
    Done this and no progress. I downloaded the Windows Image File onto my F drive and run:

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"
    and get the following notification.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[=========== 20.0% ]
    Error: 1726

The remote procedure call failed.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

What next ?

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  6. Steve C Win User
    Steve C, Sep 1, 2015
  7. Zeus69 Win User
    Done this and no progress. I downloaded the Windows Image File onto my F drive and run:

"DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"
    and get the following notification.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.10240]
    (c) 2015 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:F:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Version: 10.0.10240.16384

Image Version: 10.0.10240.16384

[=========== 20.0% ]

The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

What next ?

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  8. Zeus69 Win User

Sfc /scannow

I Tried the above but receive the following error when running:

C:\Windows\system32>call Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Version: 6.3.9600.17031

Image Version: 6.3.9600.17031

[===========================80.0%============== ]

Zeus69, Sep 1, 2015
  9. GregH Win User
    I suspect that a high percentage of those that upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 will get this message about corrupt files. I am OCD about my PC - had a perfectly running Win 7 and after upgrading, scf gave the same errors. Same problem running a USB ISO clean install.

It's not being reported much on the forums yet as not many people will actually bother to run this command. It drove me nuts and I installed Win 10 from a MS DVD in the end (as I said, I am OCD) and the errors are no more.

If your issue is like mine, then it is an issue with the initial install - the sfc errors were reported after running the command immediately after the clean install - even before loading any drivers.

GregH, Sep 2, 2015
  10. Zeus69 Win User
    I agree... the problem only manifested itself after Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 8

I used to run SFC / SCANNOW every 3 / 4 months without problem.

Problems only started after upgrade to Windows 10 - The first issue was Outlook failing to send emails - SFC fixed that... from thereon-in errors have been popping up.

Microsoft do not accept that the Windows 10 install could have caused the problem saying that the problems 'MUST' have been on my system prior to upgrade!! - However for a one-off fee or annual support payment they will be able to remote into my system and fix all the issues... But they will not tell me how to do it myself *Smile

Zeus69, Sep 2, 2015
  11. GregH Win User
    Hmmm.... I would be skeptical allowing MS to dig around in my PC remotely. No guarantee that they will be able to fix it either. They might still end up telling you to re-install.

I don't know if this will work but you have a legal license for your Windows 10 - try obtain a MS DVD matching your version and install that. Just make sure you do not enter any license key from the DVD packaging during the install unless you have actually purchased it. Theoretically this should still activate using your already assigned license key that is registered with MS. I suspect that your troubles will be gone then.

A clean install using a MS DVD is what sorted me. I must have reinstalled Win 10 pro about 6 times using different USB's and different ISO's (re downloaded 3 times) and could not get away from the issue.

GregH, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sfc /scannow

1. Sfc /scannow - Similar Threads - Sfc scannow

2. Windows PowerShell closes immediately after opening, and sfc /scannow found "corrupt files...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows PowerShell closes immediately after opening, and sfc /scannow found "corrupt files...: I was trying to open windows powershell, even ran it as admin. It just closes immediately after opening, the powershell window stays blank. Looking online to find some answers, I found some people saying I should open command prompt and run the following:"DISM.exe /Online...
  3. Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot find or fix corrupt files found by sfc/scannow: I recently ran sfc/scannow and got a report of corrupt files. I have to admit I don't really know what I'm looking for but I did try looking at the CBS logo and doing searches for the words "corrupt" and "cannot repair" - nothing found. I then ran the following - Dism /Online...
  4. 0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    0x800705b4 Update Hangs, Update Troubleshoot Hangs, sfc /scannow Hangs: I have tried updating a few times, it hangs for a full day or longer if you let it. I have tried the updated trouble shooter, it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have tried sfc /scannow and it hangs as long as you allow it to run I have also run windows defender, it...
  5. SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager

SFC /scannow repairs-now many warnings in Device manager: After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on : all Storage AND IDE/ATA controllers as well as Display adapter Hi I have a brand new motherboard and processor which I installed last March. ASUS Prime B460-Plus (latest UEFI Bios) i5-10400 WD BLUE NAND SSD 500TB (5 months old) WD...
  6. sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?

sfc /scannow Errors, Now What?: OK, so sometimes possibly you're better off not knowing. Running Windows 10, 1909 and everything is functioning perfectly, or so I thought. No errors, nothing, not a single hiccup. Then I run sfc /scannow, maybe just because I'm curious, maybe too much time on my hands. In...
  7. Is it safe to share CBS.log from SFC /scannow ? (win10)

Is it safe to share CBS.log from SFC /scannow ? (win10): Hi, windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 I'm on an old desktop computer, trying to lovingly restore it, but I've been getting BSODs for years on this machine. probably harware problems. I ran sfc /scannow and I've got some errors in a 35,000 line CBS.log file I have...
  8. Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Damaged .dll.mui files from sfc/scannow: Hi, I'm using Windows 10.I decided to do a system integrity check using sfc/scannow in powershell, and it would look like there are mismatches with two files: imapi2fs.dll.mui and ntdll.dll.mui.Does anyone know their directories? I have no idea on how to repair them....
  9. After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on all storage and IDE/ATA controllers + Display...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After doing SFC /scannow I have warnings on all storage and IDE/ATA controllers + Display...: HiI have a brand new motherboard and processor which I installed last March. ASUS Prime B460-Plus latest UEFI Biosi5-10400WD BLUE NAND SSD 500TB 5 months oldWD My Passport external HDD 4 months oldOLD WD HDD on PCIe adapterWindows 10 PRO 20h2 all up to date.All latest...
  10. sfc /scannow not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfc /scannow not working: Hello, I have recently gotten a BSOD error for KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and I tried to run sfc /scannow in administrator CMD prompt. It started just fine, but once it got to 50% it stopped saying "windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation". I...