Windows 10: SHA1 / MD5 hashes for Tech Bench ISOs

Discus and support SHA1 / MD5 hashes for Tech Bench ISOs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi guys, I've been having unusual difficulty in downloading a good Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft Tech Bench. I must have tried four or five times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Leggie, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Leggie Win User

SHA1 / MD5 hashes for Tech Bench ISOs

Hi guys,

I've been having unusual difficulty in downloading a good Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft Tech Bench. I must have tried four or five times, only for the download to apparently complete well short of its correct size, or for it to complete but fail to mount properly, or for it to apparently mount but for files on it not to copy properly ("invalid MS-DOS function").

My SHA1 checksums are varied, so presumably it's down to transmission errors.

Can anyone please confirm what the correct SHA1 hash is for the current ISO from Tech Bench, for the English International version, filename Win10_EnglishInternational_x64.iso?

Thanks!

:)

Leggie, Nov 22, 2015

2. Media driver is missing" - Windows 10 Installation Error Message

DVD Media is available in two types:

1) DVD-R

2) DVD+R

DVD+R is more reliable when creating bootable media.

Step by Step User Guide for Tech Bench:
    How to use Microsoft's Tech Bench web site to download a Windows 10 ISO file, create installation media and activate Windows 10

Part 3: Check the "Hash Code value" to verify that the ISO file you downloaded / saved is not corrupt.

Use SlavaSoft's HashCalc to verify the ISO file's SHA1 hash value:
    SlavaSoft HashCalc - Hash, CRC, and HMAC Calculator

Edition: Windows 10, product language = English

Windows 10 English 32-bit download

File name = Win10_1511_English_x32

SHA1 hash value: 5d406d89656f8548fd0f410bd66de59be05b081b

Edition: Windows 10, product language = English

Windows 10 English 64-bit download

File name = Win10_1511_English_x64

SHA1 hash value: 875ec108288b9f581e5d8099cf0edb79f0f3e483

Edition: Windows 10, product language = English Single Language

Windows 10 Single Language English 32-bit download

File name = Win10_1511_SingleLang_English_x32

SHA1 hash value: 7534ad755f96734ebd486eea662b58a59e54b969

Edition: Windows 10, product language = English Single Language

Windows 10 Single Language English 32-bit download

File name = Win10_1511_SingleLang_English_x64

SHA1 hash value: 297ac867bd8461bd8af12c4578ba5619964aae1e

SHA1 / MD5 hashes for Tech Bench ISOs [​IMG]

Part 4: Use ImgBurn to create your own installation DVD

To create a Windows 10 installation DVD perform steps a through g:

a) Download ImgBurn and install ImgBurn (current
    version 2.5.8.0) to create a bootable Windows 10 installation DVD.

Use the slowest (4x or 8x) burn speed your DVD drive supports to create the media.

:
    http://www.pagestart.com

J W Stuart, Nov 22, 2015
  3. Verifying integrity of Windows 10 ISO

There is no way to do so, since SHA1/MD5 checksums are useless with the ISO files because they change regularly.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 22, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

5. Leggie Win User
    Thanks Kyhi. The media tool is not an option for me as I want to be able to use it for DISM. Would the ESD be suitable for my needs?

Leggie, Nov 22, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
  7. Kyhi Win User
    Sorry but that certain program will not work with encrypted ESD's from the MS Downloads

Try Ultimate ESD to ISO in my sig below.. To create an ISO from the downloaded ESD
    The ISO is created with an install.wim and is usable with DISM (just like techbench ISO's)

I use the ESD and ESD to ISO ... to create my media..

@lx07 - reminding - not all esd's created equal..

A min of 4 indexes required for ISO Ceation.. You can convert esd to wim with any number of indexed as long as esd not encryted

8. Berton Win User

Mind if I offer a diagnostic? If continuing to have corruptions issues try a free Linux LiveCD or Live DVD Distro download. I use Linux Mint 17.2 from Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" - Cinnamon (32-bit) - Linux Mint, the page has the MD5 code. Corruptions can occur via the transmissions but don't rule out it happening when writing to the hard drive, most downloads got to a temporary Folder before being completed by writing to the chosen Downloads Folder. To verify such downloads I use this small free utility:
    MD5 SHA Checksum Utility - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Berton, Nov 22, 2015
  9. Leggie Win User
    Thanks everyone. I tried downloading again today, and this time the ISO I downloaded yielded a SHA1 hash of 3E4734DE476327F67D2E97CDEADEDB4BEA98623C. This matches a hash that I found listed on the MSDN website.

Since it's for 10240, though, and I'm trying to repair an installation of 10586, I don't know if it'll actually be any use.

EDIT: From my products.xml file, I'm now downloading what I think is the correct ESD file for English (United Kingdom), x64, Professional. Hope I'll be able to somehow use this either for DISM, or to perform a repair install of 1511.

Leggie, Nov 22, 2015
  10. Kyhi Win User
    <File id="321754">
    <FileName>10586.0.151029-1700.th2_release_CLIENTMULTI_RET_x64fre_en-gb.esd
    <LanguageCode>en-gb
    <Language>English (United Kingdom)
    <Edition>Professional
    <Architecture>x64
    <Size>2756346646
    <Sha1>1411d5bb40764a6ebde4b536483c22aaa30b489c
    <FilePath> http://fg.ds.b1.download.windowsupda...aaa30b489c.esd

Thema:

1. SHA1 / MD5 hashes for Tech Bench ISOs - Similar Threads - SHA1 MD5 hashes

2. SHA1 hash mismatch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  3. SHA1 hash mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  4. SHA1 hash mismatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [MSDN] Windows XP Professional SP2 Retail x86 ISO. I Need The SHA1 MD5 Check sums for Files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [MSDN] Windows XP Professional SP2 Retail x86 ISO. I Need The SHA1 MD5 Check sums for Files.: Hi Microsoft. Thank You So Much for Creating and Programming Windows XP. I have an Important Question. How do i get a hold of The Official Information of SHA1 Check sums for[MSDN] Windows XP Professional SP1 Retail & VL x86 - September 9th 2002 Original - tiny.cc/4scuuz[MSDN]...
  6. MD5 Hash number changing Upon Copying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MD5 Hash number changing Upon Copying: I have a Outlook file Backup.pst size is about 1.8 GB which is not loaded in Outlook and Outlook is not open when I am copying the file from my hard drive to a USB. After copying using File Explorer the file the MD5 hash number on the file is different on the hard drive and...
  7. 2 iso files are different. Where are Windows 10 ISO md5 hashes.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    2 iso files are different. Where are Windows 10 ISO md5 hashes.: From Create Windows 10 installation media link was downloaded and created windows.iso file. It tries 2 times, so files are different. Files were created in same day, middle internet speed was abou 500kBs(8mb). Where is md5 hash to to see is it correct dowloaded or viruses...
  8. Tech Bench Windows 8 et 8.1 ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tech Bench Windows 8 et 8.1 ?: Hello Is there ISO Tech Bench for Windows 8 and 8.1 and for Windows 10 to use DSIM / source? Thank you. Best regards. 25089
  9. Tech Bench windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tech Bench windows 8.1: I saw a post regarding downloading windows 8.1 from Tech Bench. Is there anyway to download Windows Home Premium in the same way? Shipinomore 51209
  10. Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?: I downloaded Windows 10 64bit International English from techbench and the size is 4.09GB In both cases I selected Windows 10(not home or pro or single language or n or kn just Windows 10) Language:British English(english international) 64bit I created same iso using MCT...