Windows 10: Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home

Discus and support Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I'm setting up a laptop for my kids. It's running Windows 10 Home. I am the administrator and there are three local accounts for the kids. Is there a... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by EBraatz, Apr 15, 2020.

1. EBraatz Win User

Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home

I'm setting up a laptop for my kids. It's running Windows 10 Home. I am the administrator and there are three local accounts for the kids. Is there a way to install programs on my administrator account that they can all use them? When I installed office I had to activate it on all the accounts. I installed the Zoom application and that had to be reinstalled on all accounts. I feel like there has to be an easier way to do this. I have multiple programs I need to install and I don't have the time to reinstall / activate programs 4 times.

:)

EBraatz, Apr 15, 2020

2. Unable to access Local Disks (CSharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home :), (DSharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home :), and any programs inside those

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with privileges to access the local account, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

• Please be informed us the troubleshooting steps you have already tried.

This issue might be due to some error in system settings.

If you have not yet tried the below steps, I suggest you to perform and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to log out from the current user account, restart the computer and log-in with the administrator account and check if you are able to access the local drivers.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to place the computer in safe mode, try to log-in with administrator account and check if the issue persists.

Try the above steps and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Windows 10 Add New Local User Fails with "Something went wrong" message

Hello,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community. I would like to have some more understanding to the issue so that we can diagnose and work on the issue faster. Kindly provide me the following information:

• Did you use the same Microsoft account to setup user account on this computer?
    I would suggest you to create a new local user account using the below steps

Steps:

• From the desktop press Windows flag key + R

• And type netplwiz and click ok.
    This will open user account window click add and follow the onscreen instruction to create a new local account.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Arul_D, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Show Local users and Groups

Hello Frank, and welcome to Ten Forums. Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home :)

If you have the Windows 10 Home edition, then it will not have Local Users and Groups (lusrmgr.msc) included in it. It's only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions instead.

If you like, you could use step 3 in OPTION THREE of the tutorial below list users in a group.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...a.html#option4

Brink, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Sharing programs with local users on Win 10 Home - Similar Threads - Sharing programs local

2. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?: I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.1 Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to...
  3. Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Share files Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Home?: I have a new laptop with Win 11 Home, and I need full access to files and drives on my Win 10 Home Desktop.1 Both computers on the same network: If I upgrade the Desktop to Win10 Pro, will I have full read/write access to those using the Win 11 Home Laptop or do I have to...
  4. Unable to add local user in Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to add local user in Win 10: I found this when i am changing user name of my pc but when i enable administrator then i done some changes and change the user name but after that i found that all the icons n all settings deleted for the local user and there is no restore point where i can restore my...
  5. Sharing programs and/or applications on windows 10 to other local admin users on the same...

Sharing programs and/or applications on windows 10 to other local admin users on the same...: How can I share programs with other users on my device? I am logged in as an administrator on a windows 10 device and want to install programs like Microsoft Teams, updated Office suite desktop program, or a website-turned desktop application, for examples, on to other local...
  6. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  7. Local User login on Win 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local User login on Win 10: Hi I purchased a dell xps15 and set up win10 as a work user. I then proceed to add a local user. I was asked username, password and set up 3 security questions. However I was unable to login as a local user, as the login screen ask for an email address and password. I was...
  8. Win-10 Home "Users & Groups"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win-10 Home "Users & Groups": Win-10 Home "Users & Groups" in Computer Management why can I not see them when I have Administrator rights?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-home-users-groups/6efbd67c-4872-48c9-8b48-e5c7863f9463
  9. Uninstall Local User Program

Uninstall Local User Program: I have several programs that I have installed on my work laptop just for my user account (not system-wide) and now I cannot uninstall them without admin privileges. I'm wondering if there is a way to uninstall them without having to put in a request with my IT department....
  10. Limit Local User Access (10 Home)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Limit Local User Access (10 Home): How can limit the ability of a local user (non-Admin) to access drives and files on a pubic computer? 60343

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to share programs for all users in windows 10

2. windows 10 sharing programs with all users