Windows 10: Shell Destinations

Discus and support Shell Destinations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've found a large list of Shell Destinations for Windows 7. Most work with Windows 10. Some examples: ::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by solid purity, Mar 16, 2020.

1. Shell Destinations

I've found a large list of Shell Destinations for Windows 7.

Most work with Windows 10. Some examples:

::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} - Control Panel
    ::{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a} - Device Manager

However, Windows Update doesn't work. Perhaps only for Windows 7:
    ::{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}

What's the shell for Windows 10's Windows Update?

My Windows Version isn't important for this topic, but I'll include it anyway.
    Windows Version: OS Build 1909 18363.720

:)

solid purity, Mar 16, 2020

2. Shell Destinations

I've found a large list of Shell Destinations for Windows 7.

Most work with Windows 10. Some examples:

::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} - Control Panel
    ::{74246bfc-4c96-11d0-abef-0020af6b0b7a} - Device Manager

However, Windows Update doesn't work. Perhaps only for Windows 7:
    ::{36eef7db-88ad-4e81-ad49-0e313f0c35f8}

What's the shell for Windows 10's Windows Update?

My Windows Version isn't important for this topic, but I'll include it anyway.
    Windows Version: OS Build 1909 18363.720

solid purity, Mar 16, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
  4. Shell Destinations

Access Points and Destinations

it takes a bit of getting used to moving from the access point lists to the destinations list they use now.

a couple of points i would suggest that are useful is that

1 many applications will inherit the settings specified in the browser or the 'default' setting in the destinations menu

2 you can add destinations and copy access points to them, if say you want some things to use wifi and an internet cell access point in that order, but you want something else to only only the internet cell access point you can add it to a new destination.

3 some apps that bring up the destinations list allow you to select access points from the options menu.

flagpole---01, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

Shell Destinations

1. Shell Destinations - Similar Threads - Shell Destinations

2. Power shell related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power shell related: I want to know a question that recently I notice that power shell showing in battery usage section and it shows in background usage so I want to know is it genuine to run in background or sometime it happen in windows....
  3. Power shell related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power shell related: I want to know a question that recently I notice that power shell showing in battery usage section and it shows in background usage so I want to know is it genuine to run in background or sometime it happen in windows....
  4. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  5. Stuck terminating Power shell threads

Stuck terminating Power shell threads: Hi, we have a Windows 2016 Server that is not happy at all, over a few days the CPU usage gets higher and higher to the point where it needs a reboot to fix the issue. the issue seems to be a set of PowerShell threads that are started by the system that are stuck in a...
  6. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen: Hi AllI have a Windows 10 device which was previously working fine.Out of a sudden when I was checking on the device, I saw it it was showing the typical EFI Shell version 2.6 start up error black screenWith details such asfs0: HardDisk = Alias ...blk0: HardDisk -...
  7. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen: Hi AllI have a Windows 10 device which was previously working fine.Out of a sudden when I was checking on the device, I saw it it was showing the typical EFI Shell version 2.6 start up error black screenWith details such asfs0: HardDisk = Alias ...blk0: HardDisk -...
  8. Cause for EFI Shell version 2.60 start up error black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...
  10. High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe

High RAM usage on Shell Infrastructure Host ShellHost.exe: Hey everyone,So I did a clean install of Windows 11 winver below and ShellHost.exe has been utilizing 600MB of RAM constantly.I've explored several help threads regarding the Shell Infrastructure Host's high CPU usage but haven't found solutions for its elevated RAM usage. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 internal folders mapping Control Panel.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}