Windows 10: Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix?

Discus and support Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a desktop and upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but the holding down of the Shift key when Restarting will only take me to a regular start up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tomslm, May 7, 2019.

1. tomslm Win User

Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix?

Hi I have a desktop and upgraded from win 7 to win 10 but the holding down of the Shift key when Restarting will only take me to a regular start up. How can i get to safe mode using the shift key, it works on my laptop. I know there are other ways to accomplish this but i want to use the shift key if i can.

Any Idea's on how to get the shift key working?? Thanks

:)

tomslm, May 7, 2019

2. Does F8 key still work to boot into Safe Mode?

It was Option Two, step 4 (holding shift key while pressing restart) that worked.

CountryBumkin, May 7, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 7, 2019
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, May 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Shift key Plus Restart For Safe Mode Don't Work+ Fix? - Similar Threads - Shift key Plus

2. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  3. Left Shift + Some keys don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Shift + Some keys don't work: OS: Windows 11 Feature Update 21H2; Build No. 2200.318Device: Laptop - HP AC038TULeft Shift + C, V, M, and Z don't work.I uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard driver but it didn't work. What should I do??Thank you in advance!...
  4. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?: Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it still won’t allow me to press shift, w and 1 at the same time.This is really annoying because I play game that need this...
  5. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?: Hi there, I’m having a hard time with my keyboard I bought yesterday. It is a mechanical keyboard and does have anti ghosting. Yet for some reason it still won’t allow me to press shift, w and 1 at the same time.This is really annoying because I play game that need this...
  6. Shift plus w plus 1 not working together? But other number keys work with shift and w!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. shift + a don't work how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    shift + a don't work how to fix?: my shift button works, with every other but and by itselfmy a button worksits only the left shift buttonit works on the on-screen keyboardplease help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shift-a-dont-work-how-to-fix/065e98cc-0a41-4fd5-9e59-8d7846fa7a9f
  8. Safe Mode, Windows 10, Shift Key does not prompt Reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode, Windows 10, Shift Key does not prompt Reset: Originally tried to remove an Anti-Virus from PC. While troubleshooting, was prompted to go into safe mode. Once reset, it appears I forgot my local password. Holding the Shift Key, WIN +R, or WIN +U, etc. nothing prompts a reset. The only thing on my screen is Text box to...
  9. fix shift key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    fix shift key: Hello Everyone, Please I really in need of help regards my shift key which suddenly stopped working after windows update. Then, another update was applied and started working again, but the next day, I observed it stopped working after another update. I have installed...
  10. Fix: Shift Key not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix: Shift Key not working on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Many people and most power users tend to use the keyboard shortcuts to carry out operations on a computer. For instance, using CTRL+Shift+ESC brings up the Task Manager. Thus, the Shift Key plays a really important role in operating a [...] This post Fix:...