Windows 10: Shortcut arrow

Discus and support Shortcut arrow in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Tonza, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Tonza Win User

Shortcut arrow

How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ?

:)

Tonza, Jul 17, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Desktop Arrow Symbols

The arrow symbol in your screen capture is the standard arrow for a shortcut, it does not mean compression !!

For a step by step registry hack to remove these standard shortcut arrows -
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2015
  3. Bruce Hagen, Jul 17, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Shortcut arrow

Brink, Jul 17, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I tried this Shawn and it seemed to work after a restart. I then shut Win 10 down and booted into Windows 7. I read my email and then shut Win 7 down. When I started up Windows 10, there was a Black box where the Icon was. I then used the method in Windows 10 Manager and all is well. Just an FYI. I used the reg method BTW..

6. BunnyJ New Member
    Using this does work and is an option. I use it with no issues in Win10 10240.
    Winaero Tweaker

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I used Windows 10 Manager, it works quite well. I have used Windows XX Manger for years.

8. BunnyJ New Member

Shortcut arrow

I supplied the option for the OP.

BunnyJ, Jul 17, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    OK, the Tut as posted does not work at least the reg hack. Thanks Bunny J

10. BunnyJ New Member
    Glad to help.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Shortcut arrow

1. Shortcut arrow - Similar Threads - Shortcut arrow

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  4. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  5. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.: ISSUE:Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents. I use an enormous number of shortcuts in the filing system I have created for my work, and I constantly need to have Dropbox on coordinate with my staff. Sometimes I resort to...
  6. Dropbox checkmark overlay icons hide the shortcut arrow overlay icon on folders and documents.

7. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?: Help me change my desktop shortcut icons back to arrows! I don't like the "x-es"! Also, is this a sign of a malfunction or is it Microsoft's latest update change?...
  8. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?: Help me change my desktop shortcut icons back to arrows! I don't like the "x-es"! Also, is this a sign of a malfunction or is it Microsoft's latest update change?...
  9. The Shortcut arrow on my shortcut has changed to an X. How do I change it back?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass

Shortcut arrow replaced with magnifying glass: The arrow icon that normally shows up on my desktop shortcuts is replaced with a magnifying glass. I looked up the problem but the response was for windows 7. I am using 11. Anyone know how to fix it?I had a screenshot but I can't upload it for some reason, it keeps failing...