Windows 10: Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.

Discus and support Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire E 15. Since the last Windows update (about November 1st 2016), Fn+F6 to turn the monitor off does not work anymore. It happened... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kiskrof, Nov 3, 2016.

1. kiskrof Win User

Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.

I have an Acer Aspire E 15. Since the last Windows update (about November 1st 2016), Fn+F6 to turn the monitor off does not work anymore. It happened to other Acer users. It works only as long as I do not release the Fn key. I tried holding the key for an hour (with a cup and a spoon) and it works. The monitor stays off as long as I do not use the cup for anything else! I am fortunate enough to own many cups and spoons, but wouldn't it be possible to make a short cut that says press Fn+ F6 but does not say "release F6"?

:)

kiskrof, Nov 3, 2016

2. Turn off Screen While still Working with PC- For Blinds and Visually Impaired

Download
    NirCmd
    , extract nircmd.exe and experiment with the
    monitor off/async_off/low/async_low commands
    :

nircmd monitor off (first preference)

nircmd monitor async_off (second preference if first doesn't work on your system)

nircmd monitor low (third preference)

nircmd monitor async_low (fourth and last preference)

Whichever command works can be used with a shortcut to nircmd.exe. Just edit the shortcut's Properties > Target field and after nircmd.exe add a space and then "monitor off" or whatever (without the quotes). You can of course set a keyboard shortcut too
    so that you can easily press that and have your monitor turn off, or you can pin the shortcut to your Start Menu or the taskbar. Whatever suits you best.

RobertJWin, Nov 3, 2016
  3. teabling Win User
    ScreenSaver

I noticed after doing the Win10 upgrade that my machine wasn't turning off the monitors or launching the screensaver anymore. I looked into this and found that it had turned off the screensaver so I turned it back on to "Blank" and 15 minutes. Well it never
    starts nor does the computer lock after sitting idle even over night.

Any ideas?

teabling, Nov 3, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 3, 2016
Thema:

1. Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore. - Similar Threads - Shortcut turning monitor

2. Turn off shortcut keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off shortcut keys: Hey guy's,I'm playing in game and I'm hitting "Windows key+Ctrl+F" on accident and I'm getting dialogue boxes for "Find Computers on your network."Causing my game to run in the background. I've found how to turn off shortcut key's but it will turn off all shortcut keys. I...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. Turn Screen Off does not work anymore with 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Screen Off does not work anymore with 21H1: HelloBefore upgrading to 21H1 the screen turned off as indicated in the settings. Now even after a clean install the screen stays on.There are no waktimers I found, as it is a clean install, ther should not be any other app preventing from sleep.Marc...
  6. Shortcut to turn off monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut to turn off monitors?: I have a Windows 10 machine that I'm using with these big Apple cinema displays that were given to me for free. They're great monitors with built in webcams, mics, speakers, etc. The only problem is they don't have any physical buttons. ...so I have no way to turn off the...
  7. Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off defender with gpedit.msc doesnt work anymore.: It forgets my settings when I restart the system. I hate this bs system, nothing is working properly. submitted by /u/TracerXZX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iwapc7/turning_off_defender_with_gpeditmsc_doesnt_work/
  8. Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turning off autocorrect in Windows 10 does not work anymore: On my Microsoft Surface Pro with Windows 10, AND on my laptop with Windows 10, I have autocorrect turned off via the 'typing' settings.. But this doesn't seem to be working anymore. Microsoft Edge keeps autocorrecting, I've tried everything.. yes also restarting etc (i'm an...
  9. Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Narrator Keyboard Shortcuts to turn On/Off not working: Neither Caps Lock + Esc nor Win key + Enter are working. Forced to go to Task Manager to turn off and Control Panel to Ease of Access to turn on. 71089
  10. Monitor does not turn off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor does not turn off: Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496