Windows 10: Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not

Discus and support Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I have a shortcut on monitor 1 the icon has the usual shortcut arrow. When I move it to monitor 2 the icon no longer has an arrow. Why??? Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not

When I have a shortcut on monitor 1 the icon has the usual shortcut arrow.
    When I move it to monitor 2 the icon no longer has an arrow.
    Why???

Here's a sample.
    Shortcut 1 is from monitor 1.
    Shortcut 2 is from monitor 2.

Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not [​IMG]

:)

margrave55, Jan 10, 2019
  2. tigger Win User

Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

If you want them shortcut arrows gone, try this. Works on win 8.1 too.

Windows Shortcut Arrow Editor

http://winaero.com/download.php?view.39

Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not noarrow.jpg

tigger, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not

Cross arrow shortcuts are shown on the icons after the November upgrade.

Hi Cemal,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Are you using any third party software for any shortcuts icons?
    • Is it only for the shortcut apps or any other apps?
    • Are you facing any issues with the arrows above on the shortcuts?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not

1. Shortcut has an arrow ... and now it does not - Similar Threads - Shortcut has arrow

2. Shortcut arrows disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut arrows disappear: Windows 11. I keep shortcuts with arrows on my desktop to quickly open files and folders. However, every 3 weeks or so, the arrows disappear. I run the program “Restore_default_shortcut_arrow.reg” to restore them. It does a great job, but I have to reboot each time....
  3. Shortcut Arrow Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut Arrow Size: GreetingsI have just reinstalled Windows 11. After all Windows updates the system is at version 22H2 22621.963.I notice now that when I create a shortcut on the desktop, the arrow is extremely small. Here is an image:The shortcut arrows in Explorer windows appear to be the...
  4. Shortcut Arrow Size

Shortcut Arrow Size: GreetingsI have just reinstalled Windows 11. After all Windows updates the system is at version 22H2 22621.963.I notice now that when I create a shortcut on the desktop, the arrow is extremely small. Here is an image:The shortcut arrows in Explorer windows appear to be the...
  5. Shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  6. Shortcut arrows

Shortcut arrows: How to remove shortcut arrows in windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/shortcut-arrows/e8445720-f95a-4605-a968-5b76569c5b9b
  7. Remove shortcut arrows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove shortcut arrows: How do we remove those desktop shortcut arrows? Is there a quick way w/o digging into the registry? I don't see it in the latest UWT. Thanks *Wink 113829
  8. Shortcut arrow

Shortcut arrow: How remove shortcut arrows from desktop icons in Win10 ? 8484
  9. Hiding Shortcut Arrow

Hiding Shortcut Arrow: Hello folks I am new to both these forums and windows 10, so please try and bear with me. Okay, in previous iterations of windows I was always able to hide those unsightly shortcut arrows that are attached to shortcut icons on the desktop. I can do so in Windows 10,...
  10. Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar now has a scroll arrow, why?: I moved my taskbar to the left side a couple months ago, today it added a scroll arrow to it and displays 3 icons in the "other column. If I expand the taskbar it does not place the 2nd column in the expansion. There is plenty of room in a single column for all the icons and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove win 10 shortcut arrows