Windows 10: Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses

Discus and support Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 1) How do I create a shortcut to a webpage in Windows 10? I used to right click, and a list would appear to choose from. This is no longer the case. It... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Laddy57, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Laddy57 Win User

Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses

1) How do I create a shortcut to a webpage in Windows 10? I used to right click, and a list would appear to choose from. This is no longer the case. It says "Inspect Element" That's it.

2) There is a forum website I have been using for years. Before installing Windows 10, when I would respond to a forum topic, a box appeared and my cursor appeared in the box. This is no longer the case. I can type a response, but I cannot move the cursor, or hit enter. It is NOT happening in this forum box so now I am more confused.

:)

Laddy57, Aug 22, 2015

2. Jumpiness with cursor and software responses after Windows 10 upgrade

I have since found out that my Lenovo model is not compatible with Windows 10. I can not go back to 8.1 because the software won't do it. There is some problem. Multiple hours on the phone but now need to find out what Microsoft is willing to do to help
    me get my laptop working again. Argh is a mild expletive for what I'm feeling.

PhillOlson, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Jumpiness with cursor and software responses after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Phill,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you. I suggest you to perform the following methods and check if that helps:

Method1:

Run Hardware Troubleshooter to diagnose issue with hardware if there are any on your computer. Follow the steps:

a: Click on
    Start icon or hit Windows logo and click on
    Settings

b:Type
    Troubleshooting and select troubleshooting.

c:Click on
    Hardware and Sound and select
    Hardware and Devices
    and click on next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the Touchpad driver.

a: Press “Windows + X” and select
    Device manger

b: Locate the driver and expand the driver icon.

c: Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.

Hope it helps. Let us know the updated status and we'll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Aug 22, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 22, 2015
Thema:

1. Shortcuts, and missing cursor on forum responses - Similar Threads - Shortcuts missing cursor

2. Missing shortcuts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing shortcuts: The shortcuts are missing on my desktop. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-shortcuts/d1f87515-6186-4322-a836-89c528564d27
  3. can't resolve missing shortcut messages.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can't resolve missing shortcut messages.: I am running System 10 Pro 64 with Office 2013. Most Office issues I can resolve myself with a Google search. This one I can't. Every time I start up Word, I get error messages like these: [img] and [img] I tried editing the registry to delete all the entries for...
  4. Missing mouse cursor style files

Missing mouse cursor style files: After the latest Windows feature update (version 1809), I no longer have the default mouse cursor styles. These are the ones that use the hourglass when loading or busy and have the longer 'stalk' on the pointer. I can't even find the files for the style anymore in the folder...
  5. Missing cursor on win 10

Missing cursor on win 10: My cursor is not there now what can i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/missing-cursor-on-win-10/11ba4fc4-4494-4a53-8a03-257f5a2887dc
  6. Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?

in Browsers and Email
    Can I have a desktop shortcut to W10 Forum?: When I right click, there is no option to 'create shortcut' to put on desktop. It says 'copy shortcut', I clicked that, but nothing happens. How come 'create shortcut' for dsktp icon is not always there for different sites? 36543
  7. Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing

in Browsers and Email
    Editing in forums; cursor jumps to the left while typing: I can't figure out exactly what is happening but if I am editing text, most often in a forum, my cursor suddenly jumps back to the start of a word then behaves in an odd way. The workaround is to clear the characters to the right and re-write the text I clear. But I can't...
  8. no response

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no response: Fed up with W10, Reset computer to put W7 back but W10 reappeared without the use of my mouse and keyboard .*Mad 51478
  9. Missing shortcut on Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing shortcut on Start menu: Hi There, So I have a question if is ok. I put a folder on start menu : [img] (The "Downloads" Folder) If I click on it, this happens : [img] What should I do ? 57943
  10. Win10 erratic response from cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 erratic response from cursor: Posted in wrong forum. Reposted in system performance. 23172