Windows 10: Should I avoid 1903?

Discus and support Should I avoid 1903? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to get the upgrade to work, but now I just see complaints from people who upgraded. It seems like I should just hide from the Upgrade.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by justinCTU, Aug 31, 2019.

1. justinCTU Win User

Should I avoid 1903?

I've been trying to get the upgrade to work, but now I just see complaints from people who upgraded. It seems like I should just hide from the Upgrade.

:)

justinCTU, Aug 31, 2019

2. Local profile issue after upgrading to 1903

Hi roblinb

Not listed in the Known.

Known issues for Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903

As far as Wifi any chance it is Qualcom inside USB adapter, if Qualcom then yes known issue.

I might create another user (Local) and when if try again see if this issue occurs on both users.

Would also suggest you run the first 5 steps in this tutorial to see if you have any corruption with current build.

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 31, 2019
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Should I avoid 1903?

Mail and 1903

Dear Greg,

Thanks for suggestions, started last night, after work today I will move on to the reinstall step. Except for this odd hiccup the new 1903 is great. When I reset Mail, the Mail program would not allow me to "add account," shutting down instantly, suggesting
    that the problem is with the app as it resides on my computer. Will follow up after reinstalling.

Ragnar Danneskjold, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Should I avoid 1903?

1. Should I avoid 1903? - Similar Threads - Should avoid 1903

2. avoid signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    avoid signing in: I have The Latest Windows 10 Version 20H2, OS-19042-804. How can i avoid signing in on my desk top computer? it's a nuisance, as i live on my own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avoid-signing-in/0d5e1294-38a6-4262-aaa5-1f7106f62992
  3. How to avoid this ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to avoid this ?: I feel a need to reset my windows but don't want to loose my APPS and who knows what else: [img] 172130
  4. Windows 10 is pushing old drivers updates that you should avoid

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is pushing old drivers updates that you should avoid: Microsoft has created another mess of Windows Updates on Windows 10, although this time the update wasn’t botched. According to user reports, Microsoft has started rolling out old and inappropriate drivers to some machines, including one of our devices from Asus. Users are...
  5. Should I upgrade to 1909 from 1903 W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I upgrade to 1909 from 1903 W10 Home?: Curious if 1909 provides any significant under the hood improvements or bug fixes and if it's worth doing the optional upgrade right now. I'm on a laptop so wondering if it will improve performance at all. Not having any major issues except for StartMenuExperienceHost stops...
  6. Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ordered new latop. Should i update to 1903 first?: I just ordered a new laptop and will be home in a few days. Windows 10 Home included, but i am not sure which version of windows 10, its either 1803 or 1809. Should i update it to 1903 before doing anything else, like installing games, apps and etc ? 138822
  7. AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?

AMD Ryzen 7, Should I wait or install 1903 Update?: Hi All, Just finished putting the final touches on my upgraded rig. The main reason for the upgrade was because it was a bit long in the tooth. The main hardware was around 9 years old. I upgraded to the following hardware: MSI B450 Pro Carbon MB, Ryzen 7 1700x CPU, RX590-8...
  8. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  9. When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    When should I expect update to 1903 via Windows Update: Hi everyone. I was just wondering when I might expect to be offered the latest (1903) update. Thanks, Mark 133590
  10. Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should update assistant be used for 1903 update or not?: I want to update my PC with the latest May 1903 update available on Microsoft official website but the windows automatic update has not prompted to install this update yet. When i installed the Windows update assistant and ran it manually then it checked for 1903 and asked to...