Windows 10: Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De

Discus and support Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am in the process of a Clean install Windows 10 I had to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky (Full Version) and reading the thread text_156.txt re -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dasha, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Dasha Win User

Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De

Hi I am in the process of a Clean install Windows 10 I had to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky (Full Version) and reading the thread text_156.txt re - cannot install Mcvee or other Virus programs with Windows Defender still working? Does that also apply to Kaspersky ?

Q - Can I install Kaspersky with Windows Defender still running or mr must I turn it off before after the Clean Install

Q - Should I do the Clean Install before doing anything else*092

:)

Dasha, Jul 31, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User

Defender turned off my Kaspersky

Suggest you uninstall Kaspersky thru Control Panel, reboot the computer, then run the Kaspersky Removal Tool as listed in List
    of anti-malware product removal tools
    , reboot the computer, then reinstall Kaspersky.

Be sure you’re installing the latest version of Kaspersky and if necessary seek advice from Kaspersky Support. https://usa.kaspersky.com/windows10

Good luck…

Le Boule, Jul 31, 2019
  3. can't turn on kaspersky anti virus

Did you make sure that your Kaspersky version is compatible with Windows 10 and fully updated?
    See:
    http://usa.kaspersky.com/windows10

Try uninstalling Kaspersky (also use their Removal Tool, see
    http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464
    ), then reinstall it and reboot.

In case, Windows Defender is still enabled, try
    Windows Defender - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

If still no luck, I suggest you ask Kaspersky:

Kaspersky Lab Technical Support

Kaspersky support:
    http://www.kaspersky.com/support

Kaspersky forum:
    http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=2c5ba1c303a6859a3862d15c8afe3e9c&act=idx

Cheers,

J

Jsssssssss, Jul 31, 2019
  4. Nik Hill Win User

Both Kaspersky And Windows Defender Are Turned Off

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...b59cebc4f24/how-to-protect-your-windows-10-pc
    Note the statement "If you want to use Windows Defender Antivirus, uninstall all of your other antivirus programs and Windows Defender Antivirus will automatically turn on. You may be asked to restart your device." Accordingly you should not
    be trying to use two AV programs to provide real time scanning - that causes performance issues, software conflicts and other issues.

Same computer?
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings-winpc/is-it-alright-to-run-both-windows-defenders-and/0b4f2033-bb22-412b-b71b-eafe49734c9c

And you removed any trial software that was on the computer when you first purchased it (such as McAfee or Norton) and ran the appropriate software removal tool for such products? List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

If you want to use Kaspersky suggest uninstall Kaspersky, run the Kaspersky Removal Tool, reboot and then install a new version of Kaspersky. Windows Defender should be disabled.

List of
    anti-malware product removal tools

Your best option regarding issues with Kaspersky would be to seek advice from Kaspersky Support or the Kaspersky Forum:

Kaspersky Lab Technical Support

Kaspersky Lab Forum

If necessary you can always manually disable Windows Defender:
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/turn-on-or-off-windows-defender-in-windows-10.6895/

Regards

Top 10 Ways PUPs Sneak Onto Your Computer. And How To Avoid Them. | Emsisoft | Security Blog

Yes. I am using the same computer and I didn't have any trial anti-malware software to be removed before purchasing Kaspersky.

Nik Hill, Jul 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Should I reinstall Kaspersky Before turning Win De - Similar Threads - Should reinstall Kaspersky

2. Redémarrage fréquent de Windows Server 2019 après installation de Kaspersky

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Redémarrage fréquent de Windows Server 2019 après installation de Kaspersky: Bonjour,J'espère que vous allez bien.J'ai un grand souci avec mon serveur. Après installation de l'antivirus Kaspersky, le serveur ne cesse pas de redémarrer à des intervalles de temps aléatoires 15min, 1h, 3h, etc., c'est aléatoire et c'est fréquent 3 à 4 redémarrage durant...
  3. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about reinstall the windows to improve performance. My Operate System is: i5-5200U, 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, No GPU support, iGPU HD Graphics 5500. Should I install win 7, win 8.1 or reinstall win 10?...
  4. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10: Hi everyone who read this post, I have a question about reinstall the windows to improve performance. My Operate System is: i5-5200U, 4gb RAM, 120GB SSD, No GPU support, iGPU HD Graphics 5500. Should I install win 7, win 8.1 or reinstall win 10?...
  5. Should I install win 7, 8.1 or reinstall win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Should I de-activate Windows 10 license in defective laptop before repair?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Should I de-activate Windows 10 license in defective laptop before repair?: Hello, I have a new HP laptop that did not come with Windows 10. I bought a retail license USB and installed the OS myself. The laptop turned out to be defective, and HP will collect it and try to fix it or replace it. They may need to do a full reset to factory and/or...
  7. Should I reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I reinstall windows: This is probably a really dumb question but I would appreciate any advice y’all can provide because I don’t know what I should do at the moment. This is about the problem that’s been popping up recently, the one the NSA made an official statement about. I know most sources...
  8. Should I reinstall Kaspersky Befor turning Win De

Should I reinstall Kaspersky Befor turning Win De: Hi I am in the process of a Clean install Windows 10 I had to Completely Uninstall Kaspersky (Full Version) and reading the thread text_156.txt re - cannot install Mcvee or other Virus programs with Windows Defender still working? Does that also apply to Kaspersky ? Q -...
  9. Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?

Which Win 10 OS should I download to reinstall?: With my Notebook there is no Win DVD / CD supplied. I want to download a Win version to reinstall and a repair DVD/CD, bootable Win CD/DVD. Which one should I download? And how can I register the download Win for my Acer Aspire E 15 (Acer E5-573)? [img] Is this one...
  10. Should I enable UEFI Boot in BIOS before Win 10 install?

Should I enable UEFI Boot in BIOS before Win 10 install?: I built a computer back in 2009 with an Intel DP55KG motherboard running Windows 7. So, I am getting ready for a fresh Windows 10 install and I noticed that back in 2009 I never enabled the UEFI boot mode. Would it be recommended to enable it this time before the Win 10...