Windows 10: Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Discus and support Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MikeFalkenstein, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Earlier today I opened the Comand Prompt box and I noticed there is a command C:\Users\Users. Before this I have never seen anything written in this. Does it need to be removed?

:)

MikeFalkenstein, Dec 15, 2018

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Dec 15, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box

1. Should there be anything written in the Comand prompt box - Similar Threads - Should anything written

2. comand shutdown /i

in Windows 10 Gaming
    comand shutdown /i: Good evening, when I try to execute the shutdown /i command on the cmd system 32 administrator, I add the IP of the pc I want to turn off but when I press send, it tells me access denied.Suggestions?Thank you...
  3. comand shutdown /i

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    comand shutdown /i: Good evening, when I try to execute the shutdown /i command on the cmd system 32 administrator, I add the IP of the pc I want to turn off but when I press send, it tells me access denied.Suggestions?Thank you...
  4. No password prompt box

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    No password prompt box: I've tried all the usual options; some from others in the Microsoft community. Is it likely to be due to a failed update? Can anyone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-password-prompt-box/3bbcac38-211f-4546-80b6-a4ba204901b2
  5. Help with with pront comand

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with with pront comand: when I tipe ping -t 1.1.1.1 re show the ping 3x and close the prompt. It used to be diferent. It used to show a big list of the ping for hours. my conection is bad so I need to do it to evaluate if I can play online or not. submitted by /u/azgalor_pit [link] [comments]...
  6. Teredo type disabled in comand prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo type disabled in comand prompt: im trying to fix teredo so i can play on xboxlive but it says its disables in the comand prompt ive gone into the device manager to try and find it but i literally cant find it on my system and its not in my registry form either so i dont know what else to do ive also...
  7. comand prompt search on desktop is gone

in Cortana
    comand prompt search on desktop is gone: where is the search bar that is usually next to the windows icon, has disappeared. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/comand-prompt-search-on-desktop-is-gone/daa2d050-a5fb-4818-9511-d0f7bdc00fb7"
  8. Diffrent colors in comand prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    Diffrent colors in comand prompt: I have make a menu in comand prompt, is there a way to make each line in the menu a diffrent color. line 1 red line 3 blue eg. 133660
  9. run comand

in Windows 10 Customization
    run comand: I clic on start / run and type in regedit. it use to stay there, how do I get that com to stay in there. when I close it wipes out that cmd. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-comand/42849a18-85c8-489b-835b-3bc08fa77a2c
  10. exe files, start buton not working. comand prompt X:\Windows\System32?

in Windows 10 Support
    exe files, start buton not working. comand prompt X:\Windows\System32?: A few weeks ago my Windows 10 PC crashed. BSOD. and hasn't been the same since. An error appears just after Windows loads: "C:\Windows\System32\Windows.System.Diagnostics.PlatformTelemetryClient.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error etc...."...