Windows 10: Show Desktop

Discus and support Show Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I get Show Desktop to appear on my taskbar again? Thank you for your help. It's driving me crazy!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarilynLee1, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Show Desktop

How do I get Show Desktop to appear on my taskbar again? Thank you for your help. It's driving me crazy!

:)

MarilynLee1, Jun 10, 2019
  2. Try3 Win User

Desktop

Margrave,

If the problem symptom returns [Desktop showing the correct contents when looked at in File explorer but not when looking at the Desktop itself], right-click on an empty area of the Desktop and select Refresh.

Many people have found that their Desktop's are not refreshing automatically and are forced to take this step. I searched & searched for a permanent solution but every suggestion I found either had no effect or had only a limited-duration effect.

Denis

3. No icons on desktop after startup only

EagleEye,

Welcome to the forum!

Have you tried toggling the Desktop icons on and off?

• Right-click on an open area of the Desktop
    • Click: View
    • If Show Desktop icons is already checked, uncheck it.
    • Repeat the above steps a time or two.
    • Check: Show Desktop icons

Desktop Icons - Hide or Show in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

If no go on the above, right-click on the empty Desktop, and create a file.

Let us know if they come back on.

cottonball, Jun 10, 2019
  4. Show Desktop

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

Show Desktop

1. Show Desktop - Similar Threads - Show Desktop

2. Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secondary drive folders in root are showing on desktop: I'm having an issue where folders stored at the root of my secondary drive (W: in my case) are displaying on the desktop. For example, if I have a directory called W:\foo, a folder named 'foo' will show up on my desktop. The Properties window shows the location correctly...
  3. Taskbar showing Desktop icons

Taskbar showing Desktop icons: So, my taskbar suddenly grew to twice the size and I do not know what happened. Here's an image: [ATTACH] I would like to shrink it down back to regular size and get rid of the "Desktop" category showing the "This PC," "Libraries" and "Network Folder" etc. Thanks in...
  4. Desktop icons are gone only text shows

Desktop icons are gone only text shows: My computer only shows text for the desktop icons. It still works but it's get annoying that I can't see my icons. I've been looking at different methods online, but nothing seems to work....
  5. create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop

create shortcut but it doesn't show on desktop: In File Explorer>documents, right click an excel file>create shortcut. Noi shortcut is displayed on the desktop. Seems like I've successfully done this numerous times in the past. Hmmm. Any idea what's going on? Thanks. sweettasha...
  6. System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    System Volume Information folder showing on my Desktop: SOmetime in the 2-3 weeks I started seeing the System Volume Information folder on my Desktop. 131953
  7. Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line

Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen/Display Time line: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  8. Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen

Show desktop Cursor pointed at top of screen: When I point my cursor at the top of the screen I can remove some of the activities, all in fact for except for one day's activities which are darken and won't delete. Your advice on whats happing Thanks...
  9. Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background

Automatically show all my file and program icons on top of my desktop picture background: Still learning Windows 10 after reluctantly leaving Windows 7 and I do miss a lot of the features from Windows 7. One of those simple features was is :- " When just powering up the computer, the background screen picture would come up with ALL of my files/Folders and...
  10. Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.

Desktop computer display shows 1080i on 1080p monitor with settings set to display 1080p.: So my SSD recently shorted out and I had to get it replaced. After I got the replacement the display on my computer was only showing 1080i instead of 1080p. It also switches to 1080p when I'm in a game but switches back to 1080i when on my desktop. I have no idea what caused...