Windows 10: ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

Discus and support ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I upgraded from win7 to win10. I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by surfing69, Aug 24, 2019.

1. surfing69 Win User

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

I upgraded from win7 to win10.

I now want to move my system/installation to a new SSD drive. However whilst I have created a Windows 10 media installation disk i have been advised that i still need a licence key once Win10 installed on the new SSD.

They have suggested using the app ShowKeyPlus. when I ran it, it showed a licence key but there was an asterisk which pointed to a caveat

'generic key - requires a Digital Licence for activation'.

Can someone clarify this situation?

Thanks

:)

surfing69, Aug 24, 2019
  2. ashleyg Win User

Uninstall Product Key and Deactivate Windows 10  

Done and dusted! Changed the product key to the OEM Key shown by ShowKeyPlus and the activation page now shows 'Windows is activated with a digital licence'.
    Thanks Brink and thanks ShowKeyPlus.

ashleyg, Aug 24, 2019
  3. Superfly Win User
    New Product Key needed - help !

@Caroline B

Do as suggested above...

"Try this utility and post the results to see what sort of license you have. ShowKeyPlus - Windows 10 Forums "

"In showkey, if you click on any product keys shown it will x out all but the last 5 digits. Then you can safely post a screen shoot of its output."

You probably have a Home licence already. Save yourself the bucks... rather use it to buy me a Xmas present (in a coupla months) *Wink

Superfly, Aug 24, 2019
  4. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

how to know my product key?

Hello Cross.jn,

The tutorial below can help show you step by step on how to see your Windows 10 product key using ShowKeyPlus.

Find Product Key in Windows 10

Shawn Brink, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key?

1. ShowkeyPlus - generic licence product key? - Similar Threads - ShowkeyPlus generic licence

2. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  3. Windows is activated with Generic Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is activated with Generic Product Key: Hello,To summarize the issue, when I install Windows Home or Pro, Windows takes the license from my Microsoft account. However, this license is the key known as "Generic Product Key". There is no OEM license on my device. When installing Windows, I check the "I do not have a...
  4. ShowKeyPlus

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    ShowKeyPlus: I used a key when I "upgraded" from Windows 7 A proper OS to Windows 10 spyware and have the genuine MS sticker that the key is on taped to my computer. Out of curiosity, I installed the app ShowKeyPlus, and it reports a different key than what I entered, yet Windows is...
  5. Generic product key?

Generic product key?: I am installing an SSD for a friend on a working PC with an old patter drive that is super slow. I used a product key finder and got VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM- 9MPGT-3V66T product key finder says this is OEM and I need a digital license for activation. This PC is licensed already....
  6. generic product key

generic product key: anyone have generic product key for windows 10 home single language version 2004? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-product-key/43a2179d-fa3b-4314-b60c-34057fefb104
  7. assist me with a working generic product key

assist me with a working generic product key: my windows is expiring today.someone to help me with a working product key please so that i can unlock it.mine is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/assist-me-with-a-working-generic-product-key/1c26bc34-244a-40a1-a1ee-a473ff04e916
  8. Product Key & Digital Licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key & Digital Licence: Want to know what is the difference in having a product key of Window OS 'OR' having Digital License of the same. Invite the comments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-digital-licence/6beeebcc-3c92-4891-9220-5d7910b99ab6
  9. About Win 10 generic product keys

About Win 10 generic product keys: Win 10 Home ..........................TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99 Win 10 Pro .............................VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T Those are the known generic product keys. I have a pre-install Win 7 Home Premium > upgraded to Win 10 Home I ran my speccy and...
  10. How long are generic product keys good for?

in Windows 10 Support
    How long are generic product keys good for?: The link @jkirkman referenced is broken, the final ')' gets removed from the link by the board software. This link works... Microsoft Docs | Appendix A: KMS Client Setup Keys Key Management Server (KMS) generic keys should only be used if you are installing Windows on a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. generic key showkeyplus

2. windows 10 S Generic Key