Windows 10: shutdown anyway prompt

Discus and support shutdown anyway prompt in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; whenever I shutdown my laptop if any program is still open then the windows show the shutdown anyway or cancel prompt but in 1 sec it will shutdown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Faheel Ansari, Apr 20, 2020.

1. shutdown anyway prompt

whenever I shutdown my laptop if any program is still open then the windows show the shutdown anyway or cancel prompt but in 1 sec it will shutdown itself I cant click on cancel or shutdown anyway button it shutdown itself due to most of the time I lost my unsaved work

:)

Faheel Ansari, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Wont shutdown 100%

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to some broken system file components. To help you on this, we suggest that you reset and restore all default power plans to its default settings. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
    • Type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your device to apply the changes.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

shutdown anyway prompt

Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Thema:

shutdown anyway prompt

1. shutdown anyway prompt - Similar Threads - shutdown anyway prompt

2. Anyway to avoid "run as administrator" prompt for a specific application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyway to avoid "run as administrator" prompt for a specific application: I have both a Windows 10 and a Windows 11 PC... I have an application that runs on both. On the Windows 10 PC it runs fine without any startup prompt. On the Windows 11 PC it runs but it always asks for Administrator Permission. Not really more than an irritation, but I don't...
  3. Anyway to avoid "run as administrator" prompt for a specific application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anyway to avoid "run as administrator" prompt for a specific application: I have both a Windows 10 and a Windows 11 PC... I have an application that runs on both. On the Windows 10 PC it runs fine without any startup prompt. On the Windows 11 PC it runs but it always asks for Administrator Permission. Not really more than an irritation, but I don't...
  4. no option to run anyways on uac prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to run anyways on uac prompt: my uac prompts dont have any option to run anyways and its really bothering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-run-anyways-on-uac-prompt/e93d121a-a856-4fe3-b5ac-34be424e1c78
  5. no option to run anyways on uac prompt

no option to run anyways on uac prompt: my uac prompts dont have any option to run anyways and its really bothering https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-run-anyways-on-uac-prompt/e93d121a-a856-4fe3-b5ac-34be424e1c78
  6. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  7. Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command

Command Prompt Help Shutdown Command: Hi. I need hlepWhenever I use Command Prompt for the shutdown /m command, it doesn't work. When I put in my own device name, it actually works. But when I am shutting down another laptop, it doesn't work. It always says this,The entered computer name is not valid or remote...
  8. PC restarts if I don't choose shutdown anyway

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC restarts if I don't choose shutdown anyway: As the title says: my PC restarts if I don't choose shutdown anyway. I find it really annoying since i have never had this issue before so sometimes i just leave the pc expecting it to shutdown and then find it powered on when i wake up the next day. I have tried everything...
  9. How do I prevent a user from clicking on Restart Anyway or Shutdown Anyway in Win 10 Pro?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I prevent a user from clicking on Restart Anyway or Shutdown Anyway in Win 10 Pro?: I have a user that likes to click on Restart Anyway when they reboot, without caring that they may lose data, or that some process needs to complete, or that someone else is logged in and needs to log out gracefully. Is there any way to disable the "… Anyway" button for this...
  10. clicked shutdown anyway option

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    clicked shutdown anyway option: Hi I have a windows 10 system while shutdown I clicked the option "shutdown anyway" and shut it down. Now the system is not booting from past two hours just showing mouse cursor on the black screen.No windows logo is shown Any solutions provided please help me in resolving...