Windows 10: Sign in option is not there in user accounts

Discus and support Sign in option is not there in user accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this??... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Abigopal, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Abigopal Win User

Sign in option is not there in user accounts

Hi

I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this??

:)

Abigopal, Oct 4, 2018

2. Microsoft account Sign in option under user account is not working

Hi NAvneet.

Many thanks for your help. But this didn't work.

Should I try the below procedure. Someone has suggested this method to similar query in other thread. Pls suggest:

Please follow the steps to enable the build in administrator and check if it helps:

• Use the power button on the sign-in screen to Shift+Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu.
    • Click Troubleshoot, Advanced options, Startup settings. When given the choice of startup options, try booting the PC in
      Safe Mode with Command Prompt. If you can’t get there, skip to the next major step.
      • If you can get to a CMD window, enable the built-in administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes
      • Then restart and sign-in as the Administrator account.
      • Once in the Administrator account, open Regedit
        and go to the following key:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the desktop.
      • Then continue with step 4 below.
    • Use boot media to access the recovery command prompt.
      • Start Regedit.
      • Select the HKEY_USERS key.
      • Click File, Load Hive. and go up in the file system to This PC. Then browse to this file and then click Open:

C:\Windows\System32\config\DEFAULT
      • When prompted, name it “def”
      • Select this key:

HKEY_USERS\def\Software\Microsoft\IdentityCRL\StoredIdentities
      • Save a backup of the key: Export the StoredIdentities key to a .REG file on the C:\ drive.
    • Find the subkey under StoredIdentities that matches the name of the Microsoft Account.
    • Delete the key.
    • If you loaded the offline registry hive, go back up in the tree on the left and select “def”. Then click File,
      Unload hive. This option will only be available if “def” is selected.
    • Restart the PC and test sign-in.
    • Once done, you may need to Verify the account in Settings, Accounts in order for it to be fully usable in Windows again.
    • If you used the built-in Administrator account to resolve the issue, please return it to the default disabled state to help keep the Computer secure. To do so follow the steps:
      net user administrator /active:no
    Please create a new administrator account using the Microsoft Account and check.

Shobhitjain2005, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Sign in option is not there in user accounts :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sign in option is not there in user accounts - Similar Threads - Sign option user

2. Check user Sign-in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Check user Sign-in option: Hi, we have enabled SSO login by Palo Alto and I want to find how many users are using this option. Am I able to remote check which option in "Sign-in option" user has enabled?...
  3. Check user Sign-in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Check user Sign-in option: Hi, we have enabled SSO login by Palo Alto and I want to find how many users are using this option. Am I able to remote check which option in "Sign-in option" user has enabled?...
  4. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account: User logged into Laptop using Personal MS account as edition was Home - so unable to log in with work account -; I then upgraded to Enterprise edition and removed personal account from device but did not have the option to add work account in other users - only option to add...
  5. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account: User logged into Laptop using Personal MS account as edition was Home - so unable to log in with work account -; I then upgraded to Enterprise edition and removed personal account from device but did not have the option to add work account in other users - only option to add...
  6. No option to 'Add a work or School user' as a sign-in account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.: I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on...
  8. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  9. user accounts & signing in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  10. User Account not signing in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no account under storedidentities