Windows 10: Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

Discus and support Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Kyejay, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Kyejay Win User

Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

I changed the sign in options of all the users on my laptop to local sign in instead previously each user signed in with their Microsoft accounts and now when I go to change the setting to back to sign in with Microsoft account it tells me that account is already in use on this computer. How can I change it so the users sign in with their Microsoft accounts again?

:)

Kyejay, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Mustang Win User

Microsoft account sign in option missing

I have a local account with a sign in password for boot up.

After a recent major MS update, I no longer have an option to sign in at boot up using my Microsoft account.

When I go to Settings > Accounts > Sign in options ... this is what I see.

Any suggestions to resovle this and restore MS account sign in?

If I go to Email app accounts > Add an account ... A new window flashes on the screen and disappears.

Mustang, Jan 15, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

4. Brink Win User

Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10. :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Sign In Options - Local user and Microsoft account sign in issues in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - Sign Options Local

2. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  3. Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue in signing in with microsoft account instead of local account: Hello, I have been trying to replace my local account with a microsoft account, but facing some issue.When I try to click on "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" Reference image 1 it pops out a window called "microsoft windows" Reference image 2 and then closes...
  4. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  5. Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Issues signing into a user account on Windows 10: Today I was trying to log into my user account when it just said "The username or password is incorrect". This was a huge surprise for me because the exact same details worked yesterday, no-one uses that laptop, and I didn't have any malware. That user has all of it's folders...
  6. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  10. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"