Windows 10: Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

Discus and support Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JimFleckenstein, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

I am the administrator and the only user of my new Lenovo X1 laptop running Windows 10. I don't want to have to type a password or use the face recognition function every time that I lift the laptop's lid. But I'm being forced by Windows to sign in every time because it will not allow me change the password requirement setting -- the option button is set to "Every Time" and is greyed out/not operative, not allowing me to choose "Never" as my option. Also, I have this message: "Your PC's power settings are preventing some options from being shown". (See Snip below)

How can I find out which "power setting(s)" is causing this? Do I need to restore all power settings back to Windows default? If so, how and where do I do so?

Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off 16ca40ae-0778-49eb-a361-249d79c4af41?upload=true.png

Thanks!

:)

JimFleckenstein, Dec 31, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10  

Ok @mystiron. I have added OPTION FIVE to help. Using step 4 should disable require password on wakeup for you.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/...html#option5s4

Brink, Dec 31, 2018
  3. Cannot change the require sign-in options in sign in options

Hi Gerad,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you regarding the change of Required sign-in options but in RED is stated that "authentication is required when this pc awake from sleep and security policies on PC are preventing to change
    settings". I will certainly assist you.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

Did you make any changes in the power options of the system?

Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + X and then click on
      Control Panel.
    • Click on the Power options.
    • Click on Required a password on Wakeup
    • In the Password protection on Wake up click on
      Don’t required password.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Dec 31, 2018
  4. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off

1. Sign-In Options - Require Sign-In Cannot Be Turned Off - Similar Threads - Sign Options Require

2. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  3. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away: The Require Sign-In shows 'Windows Hello is preventing some options from being shown. If you have been away when should Windows require you to login to sign-in again?' The option box is greyed and shows 'Every Time'.How remove or override Windows Hello?...
  4. I cannot turn off the Require Sign-off. Locks everytime I step away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. no "Require sign in " option

in Windows 10 Customization
    no "Require sign in " option: Hi I just had to totally wipe my pc and had win 10 reinstalled. I am now trying to get it back to the way it was. It seems there are different win 10 OS's out there. Anyway it has this irritating having to 'sign in' after sleep thing going on. I don't need a password just...
  6. Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Require sign-in option in Sign in options roll back to "Never" randomly.: Hi, I recently bought this computer on Windows 10, and I quickly changed security settings : I set up a password, pin, lock screen background etc...But a settings keep changing : the one below...I always set this "require sign in" option to "When PC wakes up from sleep" but...
  7. 'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options

'Require sign-in' is missing from Sign-in Options: I want no lockscreen or sign-in screen when I open the lid of the laptop - I want it to just resume playing a video.I was told to tweak that missing option to solve the second problem....
  8. ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ''Require sign-in'' Option is gone?: I was just about to deactivate this annoying lock screen that I keep getting after opening the notebook. But I just noticed that the option is no longer available. But I remember that I deactivated annoying lock screen on my Desktop-PC with this option....
  9. require sign-in options

require sign-in options: require sign-in options windows hello is preventing some options from being shown I can't change the options. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/require-sign-in-options/04fd9f89-fb14-4290-8728-d5eacc44a346
  10. Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Require Sign-in on Wakeup in Windows 10 To help secure your PC, Windows requires users to sign in when it wakes from hibernate by default. This tutorial will show you how to turn on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. your pcs power settings are preventing

2. your pc power settings are preventing some

3. your pcs power settings are preventing some options from being shown

4. your pc power settings are preventing,
  5. require sign in options in grey,
  6. sign-in options off,
  7. your pcs power settings are preventing some options from being shown windows 10,
  8. require sign in your pc power settings,
  9. require sign in setting,
  10. require sign in security policies are preventing some options from being shown,
  11. require sign in greyed out,
  12. your pcs power settings are preventing some options from being shown surface pro 6,
  13. require sign in is greyed out,
  14. which power settings prevent sign in options being shown,
  15. require sign-in preventing some option from being shown