Windows 10: Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files

Discus and support Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, My dad has taken possession of my old PC with my Microsoft Account still logged in. He has his own business and would like to keep all the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Leann Ab, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Leann Ab Win User

Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files

Hello,

My dad has taken possession of my old PC with my Microsoft Account still logged in. He has his own business and would like to keep all the files, documents and pictures already saved in my documents from my account. He is afraid that having my Microsoft account on my old PC would cause problems for me because my Microsoft account is also linked to the Galaxy Book I am currently using.

I tried adding his own account on my old PC, but that didn't have all the files that are currently in my old PC's log in from my account. How do I change the Microsoft Account to my dad's from my old PC while still having the current documents that are present on the PC from my account? I also saw that I can add a family member in my Microsoft Account. Is that a good alternative in sharing the files from my old PC between my account and my dad's? I need all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Leann

:)

Leann Ab, Jan 4, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Kari, Jan 4, 2020
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 4, 2020
  4. chideock Win User

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

Thank you. I will give it a try later today and post my results.

Got to it sooner than I thought.
    Your method worked perfectly.

Thank you

chideock, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Signing my Account out of my old PC but keeping all documents and files - Similar Threads - Signing Account old

2. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  3. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?: i want to reset my pc but i want to make sure it keeps all the files for all the accounts on the pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-reset-my-pc-but-keep-all-my-files-will-it/871ebdf9-44b6-4aad-b9b3-73c2065d86be
  4. If i reset my pc but keep all my files will it keep the files for all accounts on the pc?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help: I sign out then sign back in but it says it againI cant use windows bar cant open settings cant login to my accountit doesnt save my stuff please HELP ME...
  6. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help: I sign out then sign back in but it says it againI cant use windows bar cant open settings cant login to my accountit doesnt save my stuff please HELP ME...
  7. My pc keeps sayin cant sign in to account please sign out Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Keep having to sign in to all my email accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep having to sign in to all my email accounts: After I did the newest feature update on Windows 10, all my email accounts keep requiring me to re-enter my passwords. I have searched and tried multiple things but cannot seem to find a resolution. What could have caused this? What can I do to fix it?...
  9. Lost all my files in Documents folder after I signed out of account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all my files in Documents folder after I signed out of account.: Hi, I recently brought a new laptop a few weeks back and had it set up with apps I needed and it was working fine for 2 weeks. I had never used the sign-out option under power options in the Start Menu. Today I signed out of my account & signed in back again to same...
  10. windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows keeps deleteing all my settings, accounts and documents: windows keeps deleting all my documents, accounts and settings. first questions is why, second question is how do I stop it from doing that? (without a hammer)...