Windows 10: Signing on Microsoft account

Discus and support Signing on Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I selected Cortana for setup and it ask me to sign in and I can, but than it asks for my old password and I have no idea what it was. There doesn't be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by retired95, Aug 3, 2015.

1. retired95 Win User

Signing on Microsoft account

I selected Cortana for setup and it ask me to sign in and I can, but than it asks for my old password and I have no idea what it was. There doesn't be any help for this problem. Can't go forward.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bob

:)

retired95, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Billy Med Win User

signing with Microsoft account on phone

Hi Benjamin,

In activating a phone, Microsoft would ask you to put an email address, or a number where they would send the activation codes.

We suggest that you make a request again and provide either an email address to ensure that you get to received them.

Let us know if you failed to receive a code within the day.

Billy Med, Aug 3, 2015
  3. signing with Microsoft account on phone

I can't sign in with Microsoft account on my phone. It requires an activation code. What should I do?

benjaminchikwembe, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. retired95 Win User
    I'm stuck. My account is **REMOVED** and I do not know where to go to get the "Enter your old password one more time" Should I just delete the account and try a gmail account or another? I have received the code several times and even set up my Windows phone with the Authenticator.

retired95, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Badfinger Win User
    If all else fails, I just got this for USA/Canada as Microsoft's tech support phone #1-800-642-7676

(via chat with M$ account/billing rep)

Also chat link for them:

Microsoft Store - Answer Techs

Badfinger, Aug 4, 2015
  7. By old password, they mean a password used for your local account.

TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2015
  8. retired95 Win User

Yes, I finally figured that they want the password you use when you bring up your computer, nothing to do with MS. They need to emphasize this, very confusing! If you can contact someone on this it would be a real help to newbies.

retired95, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Signing on Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Signing Microsoft account

2. Sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign into microsoft account: I have 3 computers. On 2 machines a password is required to sign into microsoft account. When I sign in, I cannot select "Privacy" All other options are OK, for example, I can select "Security" or "Account Information" with no problems. When I try to select Privacy, I am...
  3. Sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sign into microsoft account: I have 3 computers. On 2 machines a password is required to sign into microsoft account. When I sign in, I cannot select "Privacy" All other options are OK, for example, I can select "Security" or "Account Information" with no problems. When I try to select Privacy, I am...
  4. Sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Microsoft account sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in: HiI recently upgraded my Toshiba L5000D PLAS to solid state drive with 8Gb DDR2. The new operating system is Windows 10 64 BIT, after previously operating on Windows 10 32BIT. I have signed into my Microsoft account but screen on start up has a pop up message - "can't sign...
  6. Microsoft Account sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account sign in: How can I prevent windows asking my microsft account password when I am going to log in to my device using my microsoft account as my windos account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-sign-in/cd034d3d-215f-4bd6-a65f-003baedba108
  7. signing in to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    signing in to a Microsoft account: What is the advantage of signing in to a Microsoft account when you start your windows 10 computer? 120390
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Microsoft Account sign in

Microsoft Account sign in: ​Hi, Everytime I try to sign in to my Microsoft account.. The box comes and goes in a split second.. I cant even see it properly.. I cant login.. Which means I cant play games..*Mad 48306