Windows 10: Signing on Microsoft account

Discus and support Signing on Microsoft account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I selected Cortana for setup and it ask me to sign in and I can, but than it asks for my old password and I have no idea what it was. There doesn't be... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by retired95, Aug 3, 2015.

1. retired95 Win User

Signing on Microsoft account

I selected Cortana for setup and it ask me to sign in and I can, but than it asks for my old password and I have no idea what it was. There doesn't be any help for this problem. Can't go forward.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bob

:)

retired95, Aug 3, 2015
  2. Billy Med Win User

signing with Microsoft account on phone

Hi Benjamin,

In activating a phone, Microsoft would ask you to put an email address, or a number where they would send the activation codes.

We suggest that you make a request again and provide either an email address to ensure that you get to received them.

Let us know if you failed to receive a code within the day.

Billy Med, Aug 3, 2015
  3. signing with Microsoft account on phone

I can't sign in with Microsoft account on my phone. It requires an activation code. What should I do?

benjaminchikwembe, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Aug 3, 2015
  5. retired95 Win User
    I'm stuck. My account is **REMOVED** and I do not know where to go to get the "Enter your old password one more time" Should I just delete the account and try a gmail account or another? I have received the code several times and even set up my Windows phone with the Authenticator.

retired95, Aug 3, 2015
  6. Badfinger Win User
    If all else fails, I just got this for USA/Canada as Microsoft's tech support phone #1-800-642-7676

(via chat with M$ account/billing rep)

Also chat link for them:

Microsoft Store - Answer Techs

Badfinger, Aug 4, 2015
  7. By old password, they mean a password used for your local account.

TairikuOkami, Aug 4, 2015
  8. retired95 Win User

Yes, I finally figured that they want the password you use when you bring up your computer, nothing to do with MS. They need to emphasize this, very confusing! If you can contact someone on this it would be a real help to newbies.

retired95, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Signing on Microsoft account - Similar Threads - Signing Microsoft account

2. Can't sign in with Microsoft Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't sign in with Microsoft Account: I am currently not able to sign-in with my Microsoft Account into the Microsoft Store. Every time I try it, it says just "We encountered an Error. Please try signing in again later.". I am also not able to login into the Xbox App. When I try to sign in there, it says:"We are...
  3. sign into microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    sign into microsoft account: hi there, iwant to sign in my microsoft account in my computer setting account. ive inserted my email and microsoft password, and it says to also enter the current windows password. idont know a thing about current windows password. what is that actually, and how do i want to...
  4. Microsoft account sign in

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft account sign in: I have a desktop and a new laptop. The laptop won't sign into the Microsoft account using the same password. Anyone got any clues on this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-account-sign-in/b42e95b0-ba4e-4f81-9fa0-951337e658cf"
  5. signing in to a Microsoft account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    signing in to a Microsoft account: What is the advantage of signing in to a Microsoft account when you start your windows 10 computer? 120390
  6. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  7. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  8. Microsoft Account sign in

Microsoft Account sign in: ​Hi, Everytime I try to sign in to my Microsoft account.. The box comes and goes in a split second.. I cant even see it properly.. I cant login.. Which means I cant play games..*Mad 48306
  9. Sign in with Microsoft account suspended

Sign in with Microsoft account suspended: I can't sign in with a Microsoft, it is disabled when i click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead" the link goes grey when I click it and nothing happens. I also can't sign in to the Mail app for the same reason. When I click Add account the same thing just happens...
  10. Microsoft Account sign-in again

Microsoft Account sign-in again: In the settings I have an old email address I need to change the one on administrator (there is a screenshot attached). I want to remove that email address (under Administrator) because I already deleted that email on gmail months ago. I have a new email signed in on...