Windows 10: Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

Discus and support Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use the address bar in the taskbar a lot. After the recent Feature update, the text colour I type in the address bar is the same as the address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Westhead, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

Hi, I use the address bar in the taskbar a lot. After the recent Feature update, the text colour I type in the address bar is the same as the address bar background itself i.e. black.

Consequently I can't see what I have typed in.

If I remove the address bar from the Taskbar and then put it back, the problem goes away.

On re-booting though, the problem recurrs.

I suspect that the registry has become damaged in some way.

Any Ideas?

:)

Jim Westhead, Nov 5, 2018
  2. brummyfan Win User

IE11 address bar suggestions

Hi,
    Go to Internet Options, click Autocomplete Settings in Content tab, tick "Suggesting URLs" box and click OK.

Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving... [​IMG]

brummyfan, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Cursus Win User
    Start Bar not working after update install in Windows 10

Hi, tried as you suggest. It starts and says Checking application registration... and the green progress bar just goes on and on (let it run for over two hours) and never gets to the next step. Any other suggestions?

Cursus, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

How to Clear Taskbar Address Bar history? (Windows 10 version)

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

To delete the history of taskbar address I suggest you to right click on the taskbar and then select toolbar option-> check the address bar to get it displayed on the taskbar OR you can uncheck the address bar option not to not get displayed in the taskbar,
    by this the history of the taskbar address will be deleted.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving...

1. Since the recent Windows 10 Feature Update 1809, the Address Bar in the Taskbar is behaving... - Similar Threads - Since recent Feature

2. Windows not updating since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not updating since 1809: Hi, My windows has not been updating since version 1809 17763.1339, which will lose support soon. Every time I try to update the first phases work fine but on the last restart it gets stuck on the boot logo after which I have to force reset it, which causes the update to...
  3. Feature updates don't show for me in Windows Update. Since 1809.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Feature updates don't show for me in Windows Update. Since 1809.: When using Windows Update (either viewing or clicking "Check for Updates,") feature updates simply do not show up. At all. I had to update to 1909 via the Update Assistant, as WU never showed it to me, at all. 2004 is not showing; nothing about incompatibility or anything...
  4. Threis an address bar on my windows 10 taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Threis an address bar on my windows 10 taskbar: an address bar appeared on my taskbar and I don't know how to remove it I dont know where it came from here is a screenshot https://prnt.sc/r5togd If anyone knows how to remove this please reply to this with an answer...
  5. Windows 10 feature 1809 update

Windows 10 feature 1809 update: Repeated failure :. Error 0x8024000b for windows 10 feature 1809 update. Tried to update Feature 1809 manually . All attempts failed. How to fix the error and update? Running Windows update Trouble Shooter is not solving the issue....
  6. Address bar at my taskbar ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Address bar at my taskbar ?: Just saw it today. How do I remove ? [img] 124340
  7. Windows 10 feature Update 1809

Windows 10 feature Update 1809: How to uninstall this update? One of the bugs in my laptop is the Touch keyboard that does not work anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-feature-update-1809/5c2d1421-c0bc-4553-9113-37d5940aa09a
  8. WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE: I RESTART MY PC MORE THN 10 TIME BUT UPDATE IS NOT INSTALLING... HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-1809-feature-update/bb58706c-7726-488c-b2b7-a86075f55b1c
  9. WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE

WINDOWS 10 1809 FEATURE UPDATE: I RESTART MY PC MORE THN 10 TIME BUT UPDATE IS NOT INSTALLING... HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-1809-feature-update/bb58706c-7726-488c-b2b7-a86075f55b1c
  10. Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Machine not behaving since upgrading to Windows 10.: This is an interesting one, and I am not certain it is a Windows 10 issue, just looking for advice. A friend of mine has a machine that I upgraded to windows 10, you know, that whole - you only have a few weeks left to get a free upgrade bit. Seemed like good advice at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1809 address bar