Windows 10: sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account

Discus and support sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; my sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account and now she is listed as the admin and all my files are under her account how can I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Aylin17, Nov 25, 2016.

1. Aylin17 Win User

sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account

my sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account and now she is listed as the admin and all my files are under her account how can I change her from admin and get her out of my account but still let her use my laptop and not lose any info?

:)

Aylin17, Nov 25, 2016

2. Wrong account linked to computer

My little sister tried to set up a Microsoft store account and the email she used is not one she can access. Windows now prompts her to log in to her computer with that same account. Since it is not her email she has no way of logging in.

EverardoNaranjo, Nov 25, 2016
  3. How do I remove a laptop from my account

Ask your sister to set up a new account on the laptop in her own name
    as an Administrator
    and elect to sign in with a Microsoft account. If she doesn't already have an account she can create on using her existing email address or create a new one along the lines of *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy *** - been while since I've done
    it so I'm not sure which will one will be offered/created for her.

Log out and then log back in with her new account and, once logged in using her own profile, she can delete your account for the laptop assuming there's no data you want.... ?

Cheers

GeorgeOgden, Nov 25, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

Microsoft make it (too) easy to accidentally switch from a local account to a Microsoft account, though usually it's your own account that gets switched to. This Tutorial tells you how to switch back.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

Once you've switched back your sister won't have a log in on your PC. If you want to let your sister log in in the future, you could create a second account for her. You can even set it up as a Microsoft account. You could also make sure it's a standard account, not an admin. There's a Tutorial for that too.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

5. How I have done it on mine is
    log out switch user and whoever wants to can use that account

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. sister logged on to my laptop using her outlook email account - Similar Threads - sister logged laptop

2. Microsoft Account Log In with Outlook email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Account Log In with Outlook email: I know I received an email talking about not being able to log into my microsoft account with an outlook email after a certain date but I thought I was grandfathered in. I got a new computer and during setup it asked me to log into my microsft account but it won't let me. How...
  3. Microsoft Account Log In with Outlook email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Account Log In with Outlook email: I know I received an email talking about not being able to log into my microsoft account with an outlook email after a certain date but I thought I was grandfathered in. I got a new computer and during setup it asked me to log into my microsft account but it won't let me. How...
  4. I don't know if I helped my sister consent her account or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know if I helped my sister consent her account or not: So,I don't really under stand why we have to do the guardian consent thing cause like it's my sister's computer and she doesn't really need parent consent so I don't really understand the point of this cause it wouldn't let her log in cause of this consent thing....
  5. I don't know if I helped my sister consent her account or not

I don't know if I helped my sister consent her account or not: So,I don't really under stand why we have to do the guardian consent thing cause like it's my sister's computer and she doesn't really need parent consent so I don't really understand the point of this cause it wouldn't let her log in cause of this consent thing....
  6. I don't know if I helped my sister consent her account or not

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop: I have a message that I need to verify my child account on her windows device; however, anytime I try to log on, it closes automatically, so I am not able to follow the steps described to verify it and then in loops...
  8. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop: I have a message that I need to verify my child account on her windows device; however, anytime I try to log on, it closes automatically, so I am not able to follow the steps described to verify it and then in loops...
  9. I cannot verify my child account to log on in her laptop

10. My sister email is logged in under my account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My sister email is logged in under my account: I am a bit confused about how this could have happened, but my sister's email is connected to my windows account: how do I change that back to my own account? the weird thing is that when I log in online, my regular account shows up (with my email and password) *** Moved...