Windows 10: Sizeability of Start Menu

Discus and support Sizeability of Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sizeability of Start Menu

On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full amount of Recent items specified including, at the outset, Calculator, Snipping Tool, etc as with Win7.

However most of my installs now are showing this much shorter Start Menu, even after I customize several choices, and never shows the Recent Items including the stock ones after install.

There isn't a setting I can find to correct this. Do you know one?

Sizeability of Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014

2. Windows 10 - Delay a download?

I have satellite internet service and I need to download a sizeable download during the "free download hours"....is there a way to program a download to start at a certain time with Windows 10?

VirginiaMan007, Dec 31, 2014
  3. farby Win User
    *#7370# *#7780# and three buttons reset

AFAIK, The reset should make sizeable difference ..but back-up important data first ..

farby, Dec 31, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Sizeability of Start Menu

maybe if you make it bigger by grabbing it at the top and dragging it up some.

Charlie, Dec 31, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    On my machine at 1920X1080, I have to have my DPI under 120% to stretch the menu all the way to the top.

Edwin, Dec 31, 2014
  6. Won't budge.

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 31, 2014
  8. Sizeability of Start Menu

Yes, I get the double arrow and it appears to drag an outline of the Start Menu higher, but no matter how long or short I wait it just snaps back to the current size. I'm doing this now on my own laptop and on a fresh install I just did. Same thing for both.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Greg, what's your native resolution? And, what is your dpi set at?

On my machine, I set the recommended resolution, had to keep display percentage below 120 then restart Explorer and should be able to take it to the top.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2015
  10. On my laptop here at the moment it is set as follows with no DPI variance:

The other PC's I've been working on are older hardware with poorer resolution so that even when set highest I need to change DPI to 125. I'll try dialing it back to 120 or below.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    I think the key is the "Your resolution is less than 1200x900" part... having a vertical resolution of 768 likely disables this functionality.

Mystere, Jan 1, 2015
  12. The issue resolved as soon as I switched back to their 22" monitor and resolution adjusted higher. I can now drag the menu upward. Thanks all!

gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sizeability of Start Menu

1. Sizeability of Start Menu - Similar Threads - Sizeability Start Menu

2. Start Menu No Start

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu No Start: When I select my Start Menu, I receive a critical error message. I uninstalled the last Windows update but that didn't solve the problem. submitted by /u/HalfFoods [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fq6m3a/start_menu_no_start/
  3. start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu: Hi...how can i disable this recent item?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/4619b729-aa89-4db7-b505-e8d3bdb36d3a
  4. Start Menu

Start Menu: Since upgrading to Window 10 build 18898, My start menu has changed. I have the ability to show tiles and a full screen of apps. What I am missing is the left side that shows my apps and you have to scroll to see them all. Also when viewing full tile or full app screen my...
  5. start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu: every time my computer reboots, all of my start menu tiles change to "a great app is on the way" in windows 10
  6. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start Menu: How to restore alpha order in docs list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/a89ac0d2-0370-4a87-9c8a-53cbe6182708"
  7. Start Menu

Start Menu: my start menu went from left side to scattered across my full screen. How do i reset it to Default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu/7ef65bcd-fd22-40ac-8afb-9f469deb4087
  8. Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu: Idk what i did but i ended a task in task manager and now my start menu dosen’t work ive tried so many solutions such as powershell and cmd but they dont seem to work i can open some application but internet browsers don’t seem to work i cant do anything please help...
  9. Start menu

Start menu: Besides Start10 by Stardock(my Norton av sees this one as malicious) what other options are there? I just do not like the win 10 start menu look. 112780
  10. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: All of a sudden the start menu doesn't open when I click on it. That's that square with 4 squares inside the square on the bottom left corner and I can't type in the "Search the web and Windows" box next to it. Also the speaker icon on the right bottom corner won't open too...