Sizeability of Start Menu

Discus and support Sizeability of Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. gregrocker Win User

On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full amount of Recent items specified including, at the outset, Calculator, Snipping Tool, etc as with Win7.

However most of my installs now are showing this much shorter Start Menu, even after I customize several choices, and never shows the Recent Items including the stock ones after install.

There isn't a setting I can find to correct this. Do you know one?

Sizeability of Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014
  2. VirginiaMan007 Win User

Windows 10 - Delay a download?

I have satellite internet service and I need to download a sizeable download during the "free download hours"....is there a way to program a download to start at a certain time with Windows 10?

VirginiaMan007, Dec 31, 2014
  3. farby Win User
    *#7370# *#7780# and three buttons reset

AFAIK, The reset should make sizeable difference ..but back-up important data first ..

farby, Dec 31, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

maybe if you make it bigger by grabbing it at the top and dragging it up some.

Charlie, Dec 31, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    On my machine at 1920X1080, I have to have my DPI under 120% to stretch the menu all the way to the top.

Edwin, Dec 31, 2014
  6. gregrocker Win User
    Won't budge.

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 31, 2014
  8. gregrocker Win User

Yes, I get the double arrow and it appears to drag an outline of the Start Menu higher, but no matter how long or short I wait it just snaps back to the current size. I'm doing this now on my own laptop and on a fresh install I just did. Same thing for both.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Greg, what's your native resolution? And, what is your dpi set at?

On my machine, I set the recommended resolution, had to keep display percentage below 120 then restart Explorer and should be able to take it to the top.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2015
  10. gregrocker Win User
    On my laptop here at the moment it is set as follows with no DPI variance:

The other PC's I've been working on are older hardware with poorer resolution so that even when set highest I need to change DPI to 125. I'll try dialing it back to 120 or below.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    I think the key is the "Your resolution is less than 1200x900" part... having a vertical resolution of 768 likely disables this functionality.

Mystere, Jan 1, 2015
  12. gregrocker Win User
    The issue resolved as soon as I switched back to their 22" monitor and resolution adjusted higher. I can now drag the menu upward. Thanks all!

gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Sizeability of Start Menu - Similar Threads - Sizeability Start Menu

2. Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Full Text Labels instead of Icons: Hi, I just installed Windows 10 and have been watching some youtube videos and tutorials about it. During some of the videos I noticed the start menu was different to mine. So I was wondering how do I enable full texted labels instead of just the icons when I click the start...
  3. Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to access boot menu even i had already inserted window installation media and keep...: Hi, My laptop is dead and it only shows up a manufacturer screen and turns to a blank screen after a few seconds, I also tried to open up a task manager but it won't works. So, i got nothing to then to force close my laptop (by keep pressing the off button). I had tried...
  4. Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Qualcomm QCA 9565 Bluetooth 4.5 getting Error 43 after 2 seconds on start: Recently, my Bluetooth Driver keeps on giving me an error with this: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) I have a Dell Inspiron PC (the ones made in 2016 Christmas) and it's really interfering with my Headset that has Bluetooth....
  5. Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Screen Issues (Windows 10 v1803): I recently acquired a new work laptop running Windows 10 v1803. I have elected an image from my Pictures folder to be used as my lock screen image. I also have "Show lock screen background picture in the sign-in screen" selected. However, every time I turn on my PC I was met...
  6. Starting computer for first time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Starting computer for first time: Bought a Dell Inspiron 13 5000 series 2 with Windows 10. Right out of the box, Cortana led me through selecting a country and even getting connected to my wifi. Then she said, we are going to check for updates - found updates - downloading updates - restarting computer....
  7. How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?

How do I find the Run field on windows start menu?: How do I find the Run field on windows start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-do-i-find-the-run-field-on-windows-start-menu/5c7186b0-2d9f-46ff-942a-7681797222d2
  8. I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...

I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent...: I have started to hear a sound signal every 15 seconds or so and it seems to be independent of what I am doing. I have tried to turn the sound to "None" for things like receiving mail. that did not help. Then I used the Control Panel > Sounds and selected no system...
  9. how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do i have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up: How can I have my computer use 2 step verification when it starts up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-do-i-have-my-computer-use-2-step-verification/84a74da8-2af3-49ff-af62-60824d50590f"
  10. How to disable search online in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable search online in the start menu: I would like to disable where windows 10 offers search online recommendations when doing a normal search after clicking on the start menu. I only want the search confined to my computer. Been looking online at loads of different options from reg hacks to going through...