Windows 10: Sizeability of Start Menu

Discus and support Sizeability of Start Menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014.

1. Sizeability of Start Menu

On some TP installs I get a Start Menu tall enough to include any customized choices (Documents, Control Panel, Pictures, etc) as well as the full amount of Recent items specified including, at the outset, Calculator, Snipping Tool, etc as with Win7.

However most of my installs now are showing this much shorter Start Menu, even after I customize several choices, and never shows the Recent Items including the stock ones after install.

There isn't a setting I can find to correct this. Do you know one?

Sizeability of Start Menu [​IMG]

:)

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014

2. Windows 10 - Delay a download?

I have satellite internet service and I need to download a sizeable download during the "free download hours"....is there a way to program a download to start at a certain time with Windows 10?

VirginiaMan007, Dec 31, 2014
  3. farby Win User
    *#7370# *#7780# and three buttons reset

AFAIK, The reset should make sizeable difference ..but back-up important data first ..

farby, Dec 31, 2014
  4. Charlie Win User

Sizeability of Start Menu

maybe if you make it bigger by grabbing it at the top and dragging it up some.

Charlie, Dec 31, 2014
  5. Edwin New Member
    On my machine at 1920X1080, I have to have my DPI under 120% to stretch the menu all the way to the top.

Edwin, Dec 31, 2014
  6. Won't budge.

gregrocker, Dec 31, 2014
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Dec 31, 2014
  8. Sizeability of Start Menu

Yes, I get the double arrow and it appears to drag an outline of the Start Menu higher, but no matter how long or short I wait it just snaps back to the current size. I'm doing this now on my own laptop and on a fresh install I just did. Same thing for both.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Greg, what's your native resolution? And, what is your dpi set at?

On my machine, I set the recommended resolution, had to keep display percentage below 120 then restart Explorer and should be able to take it to the top.

Edwin, Jan 1, 2015
  10. On my laptop here at the moment it is set as follows with no DPI variance:

The other PC's I've been working on are older hardware with poorer resolution so that even when set highest I need to change DPI to 125. I'll try dialing it back to 120 or below.

gregrocker, Jan 1, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    I think the key is the "Your resolution is less than 1200x900" part... having a vertical resolution of 768 likely disables this functionality.

Mystere, Jan 1, 2015
  12. The issue resolved as soon as I switched back to their 22" monitor and resolution adjusted higher. I can now drag the menu upward. Thanks all!

gregrocker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sizeability of Start Menu

1. Sizeability of Start Menu - Similar Threads - Sizeability Start Menu

2. Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu: Start menu not working, Click Edge get box with Class not Registered, Lost Windows Mail, Click on start, nothing, right click again nothing. Tried to use sfc /scannow can't, it needs administrator rights. Tried restore, it has a fault also!!! Haven't tried the dustbin...
  3. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu: Start menu only opens with the top half showing and the bottom half is gone when first opened. This happens randomly and makes this brand new and currently updated with most recent Windows updates, Surface Book 2 look glitchy. It happens every time I click to open start menu...
  4. Start Menu

Start Menu: Start menu only opens with the top half showing and the bottom half is gone when first opened. This happens randomly and makes the brand new two weeks old and currently updated with most recent Windows updates, Surface Book 2 look glitchy. It happens every time I click the...
  5. Start Menu

Start Menu: I have 4 programs which should start with Windows but don't do so, namely Malwarebytes, WinPatrol , Zemana AntiLogger and Icon Restorer. I selected pin to start for all 4 but they still don't start with Windows. What can I do about this? 102950
  6. start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    start menu: Hi. The start menu will not go into full screen. I had to restore my laptop(Acer Aspire E17 ) and I brought a third party app, which messed everything up. I installed Windows 10 again, but the start menu is looking a tad funny. Do I have a corrupt registry? I tried the button...
  7. Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu: The only problem that I am noticing with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is that the Start Menu doesn't have a smooth flow when opening. Is there any way to make it have a smooth flow again like in the old version of Windows 10? 58390
  8. start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start menu: I get a message: "Critical Error -- Start menu isn't working" when I left click, and then Windows 10 will not respond. If I right click, all works well, but it would be nice to access the start menu. I've restarted several times with o change. Help? 19004
  9. Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu: My Start Menu has disappeared. Where can I find it?......I've tried! 42874
  10. no start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no start menu: Hello members Hopefully I can find a solution to my problem. Initially after start up to menu was always there then about a month ago it did not appear. I have been told to left click the windows Icon, the icon changes from white to blue but clicking on it has no effect...