Windows 10: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

How to: Resize Start Menu in Windows 10

How to Resize your Start Menu in Windows 10

In Windows 10, you can resize the height and width of your Start menu.

This tutorial will show you how to resize the height and width of your Start menu to what you want in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open your Start menu.

2. Hover your cursor over the top border of the Start menu until it changes to the 'Resize' icon. Drag the border up or down to the size you want it.

3. Hover your cursor over the right border of the Start menu until it changes to the 'Resize' icon. Drag the border left or right to the size you want it.

OR

4. Press and hold the Ctrl key and press the Up arrow, Down arrow, Left arrow, and Right arrow keys to adjust the height and width of your Start menu.

That's it,
    Gav

Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Note Music in video is "Keep Sit Real" by katya-oddio licensed under a Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Apr 22, 2015

2. Resizable Windows 10 Start Menu and Vertical v. Horizontal Scroll

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

You can resize your start menu on your Windows 10 computer. You can just click on the edge of the start menu and stretch to expand it.

You can also make it full screen. You may refer the article below to resize the start menu.

Resize the start menu

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/resize-the-start-menu

Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Apr 22, 2015
  3. Zest2learn, Apr 22, 2015
  4. Boozad Win User

Top stuff Shawn *Thumbs

Boozad, Apr 22, 2015
  5. willden Win User
    Before posing this question on the forum I did try hovering the icon over the edge and tried dragging but the problem is it refuses to drag,plus the icon dithers in and out.

willden, Aug 26, 2015
  6. spddemun Win User
    THANK YOU for this!
    I was going crazy trying to figure out why 1 out of 3 computers kept a wide Start Menu (even with Quick Access Jump Menus turned off).

spddemun, Jan 10, 2016
  7. FazzaGBR Win User
    Is there a way of setting the width of a start menu via a group policy? I've exported a start menu and then deployed it via a Group Policy but despite changing the width before exporting it to a .xml file on all the machines it's deployed to, it comes up wide?

FazzaGBR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Resize Start Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Resize Start Menu

2. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  3. Start Menu Resize

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Resize: Can we change the Start Menu size in windows 11 like windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-resize/7f5168d4-be3a-4264-bedf-31c7dda8ada7
  4. How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10: [ATTACH]In this post for beginners, we will show you how to resize the Height or Width of the Taskbar and also how to resize or […] This article How to resize the Start Menu and Taskbar in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Can't resize the Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't resize the Start menu: It won't drag from the right. It does show the double arrow, but it doesn't do anything. I want to make the Start menu fit the two stack of apps I have on it but it's twice the width it should be...
  6. Resize start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Resize start menu: Hi Group I was able to resize the start menu in build 9926 using the registry hack. I see that the hack is there in 100041 and 100049. But I cant resize the start menu now. Anyone else have this problem. Thanks. 5160
  7. Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Resize Tiles on Start Menu in Windows 10 Tiles on your Start menu are icons for modern apps, desktop apps, and folders that you "Pin to Start". Modern apps (ex: from the Store) can have live tiles that show...
  8. Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Resizable Start Menu in Windows 10 [img] Warning This tutorial no longer works starting with Windows 10 build 10041 released on March 18th 2015. [img] Information Windows...
  9. resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM

in Windows 10 News
    resizable Start menu will be available in Windows 10 RTM: But have no fear. For those of you wondering if Microsoft removed this option from Windows 10, it will be available once the operating system is released this summer. We here at WinBeta get quite a few emails asking us certain questions, and thankfully there are solid...
  10. Start Menu resizing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Start Menu resizing in Windows 10: The new Start menu is a hybrid of the Windows 7 menu and the features of Windows 8. With Live Tiles and traditional apps sitting side-by-side, it's a hybrid approach that will likely appease desktop users. One aspect that is also new, is that you can resize the Start menu,...