Windows 10: Skipping password stage to logon to windows

Discus and support Skipping password stage to logon to windows in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have used netplwiz several times to eliminate the need to for a password to log into windows. It only works for several days but always reverts... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by provlima, Oct 7, 2017.

1. provlima Win User

Skipping password stage to logon to windows

I have used netplwiz several times to eliminate the need to for a password to log into windows.

It only works for several days but always reverts back to the password requirement.

There are two user accounts and have gone through the procedure to eliminate the password stage several times on both accounts in the last month.

Is there another more permanent way I could accomplish this autologon to windows???

:)

provlima, Oct 7, 2017
  2. Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 7, 2017
  3. LOCK SCREEN EACH TIME I LOG ON - DRIVES ME CRAZY

Do you want to skip the password entry entirely, or only the "swipe to unlock" shade picture? For the first one, check out

Skip Logon Password in Windows 10

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Oct 7, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 7, 2017
  5. cereberus Win User
    One problem if you use netplwiz to auto logon, on many pcs, it auto logs on to last account used, so you cannot select other account.

Assuming above is not an issue, you could set both account as local accounts without a password, which would bypass your issue.

cereberus, Oct 8, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Skipping password stage to logon to windows - Similar Threads - Skipping password stage

2. windows 10 home skip password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    windows 10 home skip password: As i do not get this box with skip the password thing.... ( outlined in red from this internet shot) How do i get it to open on the desktop? do not need the password thing thanks all 183737
  3. windows 10 home skip password

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 home skip password: As i do not get this box with skip the password thing.... ( outlined in red from this internet shot) How do i get it to open on the desktop? do not need the password thing thanks all 183737
  4. Windows logon password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows logon password: I made sure the require password box was unchecked at netplwiz. Every time I reboot or start up the lock screen say's "the user name or password is incorrect, try again". When I hit enter the sign-in screen appears asking for the PIN. On the lower left there are two options...
  5. No password to logon.

No password to logon.: [email protected];.com I inherited a computer but have no login password. I've tried several helps from the web without success. When I turn the computer on I get the password prompt screen. Stats are: HP ENVY 750qd Desktop PC Product number: Z9M79AV Model: Z9M79AVSer. #...
  6. Windows Logon Password Expiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Logon Password Expiry: Hi, Whenever one of our users logs on to their computer they get the message to reset their password for logging on to the actual laptop. The user has changed their password 3 times, however, the message still appears every time they log back on to their laptop. Any ideas...
  7. windows logon password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows logon password: I set my windows to not ask for password by using netplwiz command suddenly how come my pc asked for password at startup I have not changed anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-logon-password/2f1270ed-892f-4adb-8cfb-14170731817f
  8. Windows 10 logon password

Windows 10 logon password: How do I change the logon password for logging on to my Windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-logon-password/5026193f-f557-4354-ae34-0b4a8daf97a9"
  9. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...
  10. Logon password issue

Logon password issue: I have windows 10 pro on my pc, it is not on a domain, and logon password is done via the PC its self, The login is not connected to a Microsoft account. There is only one login account on the PC. The problem is this, I reboot my PC, the login window comes up, I login no...