Windows 10: Sleep Mode

Discus and support Sleep Mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just got a new HP laptop, running on Creators update. I have all the same power settings as my old laptop, ie sleep after 10 minutes. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john3650, May 8, 2017.

1. john3650 Win User

Sleep Mode

I have just got a new HP laptop, running on Creators update. I have all the same power settings as my old laptop, ie sleep after 10 minutes. The problem is that when I leave it for 20 minutes, the screen etc has gone to sleep, but I have to log in again to make it work.
    Before, a shake of the mouse would bring everthing back as it should be after any length of time away. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong.
    Thank you

:)

john3650, May 8, 2017
  2. WaltMaken Win User

My Windows 10 desktop doesn't stay in Sleep mode since the last large update

I've had Windows 10 on my desktop since last fall. Until the latest major Windows 10 update, whenever I would put it into Sleep mode, it stayed in Sleep mode until I took it out of Sleep mode. Now, after that major Windows 10 update, while I can still
    put it into Sleep mode, it will not stay in Sleep mode, but rather goes into a mode that requires the new entry of my PIN. Before the update, it never went into the mode to require a new entry of my PIN. How can I set it to stay in Sleep mode? It's ok to require
    a new entry of the PIN, but I don't want it coming out of Sleep mode until I bring it out of Sleep mode.

WaltMaken, May 8, 2017
  3. Computer doesn’t power down on Sleep.

The only solution I have found to keep the PC in sleep mode is to put my hard wired ethernet modem in
    stand-by mode before using the sleep command in Windows 10. The options for sleep mode settings in Windows 10 make no sense at all. All of the provided options for delayed activation of sleep mode cause a wake
    up within minutes of timed delay to activate sleep mode if the ethernet modem is left active.

Dan_White_14424, May 8, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Sleep Mode

Bree, May 8, 2017
  5. john3650 Win User
    Thank you for your help, problem now solved
    John

john3650, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sleep Mode

1. Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - Sleep Mode

2. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  3. BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and sometime crashing when laptop goes to sleep mode: One time the laptop stoped responding when it was off that I had to wait till the battery drained of power to start I thought this was the end of it but now every time the laptop goes to sleep it take so long to start and then give me BSOD and crash and start the windows...
  4. My Asus Rog Strix Laptop is Shutting Down Automatically When on Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Asus Rog Strix Laptop is Shutting Down Automatically When on Sleep Mode: My laptop is shutting down automatically when on sleep mode. It might be caused by over-heating on sleep mode. The laptop has a second monitor connected to it at all times.FYI: I have already removed nvidia drivers and installed them from the scratch again.This issue is...
  5. My Asus Rog Strix Laptop is Shutting Down Automatically When on Sleep Mode

My Asus Rog Strix Laptop is Shutting Down Automatically When on Sleep Mode: My laptop is shutting down automatically when on sleep mode. It might be caused by over-heating on sleep mode. The laptop has a second monitor connected to it at all times.FYI: I have already removed nvidia drivers and installed them from the scratch again.This issue is...
  6. XPS 17 9730 - Enabeling Legacy sleep mode S3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XPS 17 9730 - Enabeling Legacy sleep mode S3: How Can I disable modern standby S0 and enable legacy sleep S3 on XPS 17 9730 with Windows 11 Pro x64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-17-9730-enabeling-legacy-sleep-mode-s3/34bd8822-0901-4b55-a543-bb784c31ddf6
  7. XPS 17 9730 - Enabeling Legacy sleep mode S3

XPS 17 9730 - Enabeling Legacy sleep mode S3: How Can I disable modern standby S0 and enable legacy sleep S3 on XPS 17 9730 with Windows 11 Pro x64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xps-17-9730-enabeling-legacy-sleep-mode-s3/34bd8822-0901-4b55-a543-bb784c31ddf6
  8. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  9. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  10. After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode

After a reboot i loose the ability to go into sleep mode: When I select 'screen and sleep' or 'energy recomendations' to say 10min the computer will go to sleep after set time. When i turn my desktop computer off and then turn it on i loose all the sleep mode settings....