Windows 10: Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key

Discus and support Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key I have to do ctl, alt, delete and open task manager, then sometimes it works. What the heck... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Anitaarm, May 11, 2020.

1. Anitaarm Win User

Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key

I have to do ctl, alt, delete and open task manager, then sometimes it works. What the heck is wrong and how do I fix it? Thanks

:)

Anitaarm, May 11, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Booting to Command line and keyboard and mouse are not responding

1) Find a flash drive that you can format ( > or = 8 GB)

2) On a working computer create a bootable windows 10 iso:
    Download Windows 10
    Download Windows 10 ISO File | Tutorials

3) Insert the bootable windows 10 iso into any USB port
    4) Power on the computer and repetitively click the applicable F key to boot to the external USB HD.
    List of PC brands with their corresponding hot-keys
    5) If it is a custom computer then temporarily modify the BIOS boot order so that the external USB HD is on top
    6) It may take 5 - 10 minutes for the iso to load while viewing the Microsoft Windows icon
    7) Select language, time, currency, and keyboard or click next
    8) In the left lower corner click repair your computer
    9) Click troubleshoot
    10) Click system restore
    Start with the oldest restore point and keep repeating up to the most recent restore point
    If system restore fails or if there are no restore points then click command prompt.
    This should open a black box with title bar: Administrator: X:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe and prompt: X:\windows>

Use a camera or smartphone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread using share links (one drive, drop box, or google drive)
    Type:

bcdedit | find "osdevice"

(Note the partition drive letter displayed in the result)

dism /image:T:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions

(Change the drive letters: T: to the partition drive letter displayed in the earlier step.)

(reboot after the command completes and check the status of the problem)

sfc /scannow /offbootdir=T:\ /offwindir=T:\windows

(Change the drive letters: T: to the partition drive letter displayed in the earlier step.)
    (This command may take a while to run.)
    (reboot after the command completes and check the status of the problem)

zbook, May 11, 2020
  3. Booting to Command line and keyboard and mouse are not responding

Ok here are pictures of the commands and system restore message (apologies for my command line typos).

Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key [​IMG]

Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key [​IMG]

I have tried the keyboard in USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports, and in ports on the motherboard and case. I have not tried a second keyboard yet.

silverdark, May 11, 2020
  4. Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key

BLUETOOTH MOUSE WON T MOOVE. WHY?

I have a Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 that works only (right and left click works properly) but it won t moove. please help me and answer me as soon as possible.

#mahdichaabani, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Slow boot and won't respond to commands on mouse or key - Similar Threads - Slow boot won't

2. Windows 11 File Explorer slow to respond to keyboard commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer slow to respond to keyboard commands: Windows 10 was ok, but I have found Windows 11 File Explorer to be very slow to respond to keyboard navigation i.e. arrow keys selecting files. Typing the first few letters of a file name to quickly select that file, sometimes works and sometimes it does not. When this does...
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer slow to respond to keyboard commands

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer slow to respond to keyboard commands: Windows 10 was ok, but I have found Windows 11 File Explorer to be very slow to respond to keyboard navigation i.e. arrow keys selecting files. Typing the first few letters of a file name to quickly select that file, sometimes works and sometimes it does not. When this does...
  4. Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stutters and won't respond sometimes.: I've been using a Logitech M510 with my computer since I built it in 2018. Recently, it has started stuttering and just being a general POS. Thinking it was a problem with the mouse drivers and that Logitech was ignoring the problem, I purchased a tecknet wireless mouse and...
  5. Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps won't respond to mouse clicks.: Not sure if its a Windows 10 problem or not but, I have had my (pre-built but upgraded) PC for just over a year now and it's great! but for 1, it suddenly started feeling really slow and freezing (I have an m.2 nvme) but, most annoyingly, apps and games will just not respond...
  6. Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows won't respond to my mouse and keyboard: Windows doesn't respond to my mouse and keyboard. The keyboard does work in the bios but when windows boots, it's LEDs turn off and nothing works. My mouse also gets power but nothing happens when i move it. USB works correctly. Also everything works in the installation...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse won't respond

Keyboard and Mouse won't respond: after an update I got a Keyboard error message up on boot up and once it gets to the logon screen neither my keyboard or mouse will work. They are wired. I have tired other keyboard and mice and they do not respond either. I was able to get my computer to boot up into...
  8. Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!

Mouse is slow to respond. Keyboard too!: After the recent update from April's Windows 10 Patch Tuesday, both mice and keyboards on my HP Desktop and Acer Desktop have become really slow. Anyone know what's going on and how to resolve this issue? 130614
  9. Booting to Command line and keyboard and mouse are not responding

Booting to Command line and keyboard and mouse are not responding: HI! I am hoping someone can help me out. My wife rebooted my computer last night because of an internet issue. When the computer restarted it went to command line logonUI.exe, and the mouse and keyboard wont respond. I detatched the mouse and keyboard from a switch we use to...
  10. Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.

Mouse and keyboard input are slow to respond.: Hello, I've been having this issue since the last Windows 10 update, When I first power on the computer the mouse and keyboard are slow to respond as if there is lag between them and the computer. Also the HDD activity light is going nuts. When I restart the computer...