Windows 10: Slow performance with low battery

Discus and support Slow performance with low battery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi I'm just looking for some advice on an Asus UX305F laptop I bought last week. It's working fine apart from a couple of things: - When the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by fagin, Dec 14, 2015.

1. fagin Win User

Slow performance with low battery

Hi

I'm just looking for some advice on an Asus UX305F laptop I bought last week. It's working fine apart from a couple of things:

- When the battery is getting low, say from 10% and down, the performance drops dramatically and everything, particularly the internet, runs so slow that it's almost impossible to use until I reconnect the charger. I've changed the on-battery power settings to match the performance settings when it's plugged in and it hasn't made any difference.

- When I'm using the laptop in my bedroom which is adjacent to the living room where the WIFI signal is coming from, the connection is extremely slow, much slower than my mobile phone for example. In the living room I average about 50mbps whereas in the bedroom I'd be lucky to get 20mbps though my phone can get about 40mbps in the same room.

Any ideas on how I can improve the above? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

:)

fagin, Dec 14, 2015

2. When my computer is low battery, it's SOO slow.

When my computer is low battery, even if it's plugged in or not, it's so slow. My computer is a laptop. It's a windows 10. It's slow when i type,on the internet, or in games it's so slow. How do i fix the problem?

AbbyMlp123, Dec 14, 2015
  3. CJLim Win User
    Turn by turn navigation software for nokia E75

The built in GPS receiver is just about adequate. It is low powered to conserve battery. As a result, it can be slow and innacurate under certain circumstances such as in cities with tall buildings.

If you are planning on using your phone for serious navigating, I would suggest getting a good external bluetooth GPS receiver. They are no longer expensive and perform much better.

CJLim, Dec 14, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

I'll have to guess here because I don't have that laptop but it's probably a BIOS function as it in my 2 laptops (different makes). If you enter BIOS it may be changed there, just maybe. Another thing is to look for an application for Power saving and/or battery settings provided by Asus and installed by manufacturer.
    Second problem may be related to WiFi signal strength, lower the signal, lower the speed. Signal strength varies with distance and walls/floors it has to go thru.

CountMike, Dec 14, 2015
  5. lx07 Win User
  6. fagin Win User
    fagin, Dec 15, 2015
  7. fagin Win User
    Thanks Mike, any idea how I can change it on the BIOS? And how would I check the settings provided by Asus?

fagin, Dec 15, 2015
  8. Slow performance with low battery

shakennstirred, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Slow performance with low battery - Similar Threads - Slow performance low

2. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  3. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15: I bought a new hp pavilion laptop 15-eg2007tx in september not long ago. But it seems like the battery life of the laptop is far below what has been advertised.https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj1WJZ5sWuAjqHWMdNGPhEgMmxDN?e=LoawBU...
  4. Low battery performance on HP Pavilion 15

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Slow battery and performance of computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow battery and performance of computer: I have my computer battery at 100% but when you unplug it will disappear and my computer is really slow. How come this happen even my computer is only a year old. I dont want to buy again. Please help me....
  6. Slow battery and performance of computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow battery and performance of computer: I have my computer battery at 100% but when you unplug it will disappear and my computer is really slow. How come this happen even my computer is only a year old. I dont want to buy again. Please help me....
  7. Slow battery and performance of computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow performance but low memory and CPU usage: Hello, I've just recently built a new computer and I'm now running into the problem that Windows is getting really slow like opening the Windows Explorer takes forever while CPU/memory/disk usage is all below 10%. My setup: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x at 4.2GHz w/ a be quiet! Dark...
  9. Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customise the acion performed on low battery in windows 10.: I get a notification for when my laptop reaches its low battery level and the actions I can set for low battery level in the control panel are-Do Nothing, Sleep, Shutdown, Hibernate. Is it possible to set a custom action, like running a script, so that every time my laptop...
  10. low performance when battery is disconnected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    low performance when battery is disconnected: Performance is reduced drastically when i disconnect my laptop battery, i have to disconnect it because its getting too swollen and i fear it will blow up. So, is windows reducing performance because its not detecting any battery? Or do my laptop needs the battery to perform...