Windows 10: Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

Discus and support Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I really need assistance with this crazy flickering screen, posting pictures of what I have done. Nothing has stopped this, I am wondering if there is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by karlaingram, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

I really need assistance with this crazy flickering screen, posting pictures of what I have done.
    Nothing has stopped this, I am wondering if there is something loose? between the screen and keyboard
    Attachment 122029Attachment 122030Attachment 122031Attachment 122032

:)

karlaingram, Feb 19, 2017

2. snowy screen

Here is a picture of one of the occurrences of a white snowy (static) screen like you see on an antenna tv with no reception.
    Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop! [​IMG]

SandroRizzi, Feb 19, 2017
  3. LCRT Win User
    snowy screen

What the heck is a snowy screen?

4. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

Help somebody, screen issue is driving me crazy.

5. Win10Pro Win User
    Most probably your display or graphics card have crashed. In both cases you would have to go to a local computer repair shop. If it's an old machine think the fee for the service over!

But first:

1. open the Task Manager and tell us if the flickering persists
    2. restart your computer in Safe Mode and tell me if anything changed
    3. press Win + R, type in: dxdiag and click OK. Go to Display tab and write back what's written under Notes (you'll find it at the bottom of this box)
    4. remove the batteries / the external PSU and see if it helps (sometimes the PSU is broken or the batteries have leaked and the power supply doesn't operate normally sending "bad current" to a computer) and finally
    5. what's the make and model of your laptop (SF0INPZ doesn't tell me anything)

Win10Pro, Feb 19, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I junked a similar device last week with the same problem. It wasn't cost-effective to repair as it was the inverter/converter built into the motherboard that had the display panel plugged into it [older ones I fixed had a separate small inverter adapter between the motherboard and display panel, easily changed]. Frequently the cost of a new motherboard for older/out of warranty Notebook/Laptop approaches half or more the cost of a new one with a warranty.

Berton, Feb 19, 2017
  7. As I have began to do some of the suggested, the screen isn't flickering or anything, I had pulled up Task M.and the DxDiag, and it said no problems, so right now we are in a reprieve I suppose, this laptop is older than a few years.I had given to to my son, the hard drive was replaced about a year ago, because of a total crash.

8. Win10Pro Win User

Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

Good news. Usually this sort of problems reappears, sooner or later (hardware doesn't repair itself) so be prepared and let us know.

Win10Pro, Feb 19, 2017
  9. Well of course the screen is bouncing to snowy wavy crap across the screen, in every mode, even task manger, so it is the hardware? or the drivers , right now the screen is perfectly vibrant, beautiful....but in one second, it can fuzz right up...almost non..usable...

karlaingram, Feb 21, 2017
  10. Win10Pro Win User
    Win10Pro, Feb 21, 2017
  11. clam1952 Win User
    Just a thought but have you got a monitor you can connect to the laptop just to test if its the Laptop screen at fault?

clam1952, Feb 21, 2017
  12. Fafhrd Win User
    Since the problem is intermittent, the cause is most likely a physical connection is dirty/loose, or the cabling between the lid and base of the laptop is possibly worn/damaged resulting in the glitchy screen. It can also result from overheating due to lint collecting in the heat exchanger airways.

As has been noted, it is probably not an economical repair - the cost of labour may exceed that of a better secondhand replacement laptop.

However, as a hobby project for an afternoon's work with miniature precision screwdrivers, a bristle brush, some electrical contact cleaner, a can of compressed air, and some patience it may give several years more service.

If you were more precise with the manufacturer details ( SF0INPZ returns nothing on Google), it may even be possible to find a youtube video of someone taking a similar model laptop apart for a general service.

Who cares if it's old, if it still runs Windows 10 usefully?

Fafhrd, Feb 21, 2017
  13. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

Thank you to all who have stepped up, to help me.
    Right now my screen is beautifully clear...

Clam1952, I have no other monitor to use.

Fafhrd, This laptop has the : intel (R) Pentium (R) CPU 2117u @1.80 GHz1.80
    I have another laptop that keeps getting mentioned in this thread, sorry this isn't that laptop.
    even i safe mode snowy screen, but as I mentioned above, screen is beautifully clear right now.
    I am thinking something loose also, I have a fear of taking anything apart , but I may before junking this
    laptop, or actually my son will have to decide, because I had given him this laptop, and I have it now, just to try to help him.

karlaingram, Feb 21, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    If you tell us the make and model we may be able to find instructions on how to take it apart so you (or your son) can check for loose connectors.

15. ------------------
    Time of this report: 2/20/2017, 10:39:51
    Machine name: DESKTOP-VFKVTIT
    Machine Id: {C472BB16-1943-4EDF-94F5-1A810F63638E}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.161220-1747)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
    System Model: Inspiron 3721
    BIOS: A14
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU 2117U @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3978MB RAM
    Page File: 2149MB used, 3235MB available

I am on last resort, before we dump this laptop, can anyone instruct me on perhaps taking the screen loose or on the keyboard area, to see if anything is loose..?

karlaingram, Feb 23, 2017
Thema:

Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop!

1. Snowy, Flickering Screen, it will Not Stop! - Similar Threads - Snowy Flickering Screen

2. How to stop screen flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop screen flickering: Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my...
  3. How to stop screen flickering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop screen flickering: Alright so I got this windows 11 laptop it's not really a surface and one day I was sitting on a chair while watching tv with the computer on my lap trying to see if I can change my wifi band to 5Ghz because I can't connect to my wifi and it ended up slipping put out of my...
  4. Screen Flickering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering: Earlier, I have accidently spilled a small amount of tea on my laptop. The tea had got onto the side of my keyboard were the plugin is. Just within few minutes ago, my screen had flickered black and white for a quick second and it made a beep. What is the meaning of this and...
  5. laptop built in camera pictures are snowy

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop built in camera pictures are snowy: laptop built in camera pictures are snowy. Camera drivers are up to date. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-built-in-camera-pictures-are-snowy/ad5ffc32-0b1c-48e7-8a72-bc684964b451
  6. Snowy screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snowy screen: Hi. My screen is snowy when on the screen saver and around the perimeter when I am not online. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snowy-screen/ff33aed8-f16e-4ec8-9319-d0912a3e62a2
  7. Screen Flickering.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen Flickering.: Hi there, A couple of days ago the screen of my laptop started flickering. I know this is not a hardware issue because when I try to move the screen the issue is still there and if the laptop is on for a while then it gets fixed but as soon as the screen goes to sleep the...
  8. Screen Flicker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Flicker: I just had the same problem with a Nvidia 2080ti OC and Intel i9-9900k CPU and all new updates from Windows and Nvidia. I corrected the problem using VSync: turned on. I am flying P3D V4.5 and all the Graphics setting in P3D set to max and flying at Innsbruck Austria. My...
  9. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  10. screen flickering

screen flickering: I just bought a new ASUS notebook and installed Windows 10, but keep experiencing flickering screens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/screen-flickering/3e50c742-17a8-4ec5-b1c6-dfebe6026b1c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 snowy screen problem