Windows 10: So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

Discus and support So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can you run Task Manager? You can get into Control Panel from there. Select File>Run New Task and type control.exe. Once Control Panel opens, select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Squibbler, Apr 19, 2017.

1. simrick Win User

So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can

Can you run Task Manager? You can get into Control Panel from there.
    Select File>Run New Task and type control.exe.
    Once Control Panel opens, select Power Options>Choose what the power buttons do>Change settings that are currently unavailable.

simrick, Apr 20, 2017
  2. Squibbler Win User

No - I can open the folder control panel that way as I could before the other way, but clicking on most of the icons brings up the file not associated error message

Squibbler, Apr 20, 2017
  3. Squibbler Win User
    Its like file associations have been corrupted

Squibbler, Apr 20, 2017
  4. Squibbler Win User

The windows key is also not working

Squibbler, Apr 20, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Okay, please move on to Kyhi's rescue media.

simrick, Apr 20, 2017
  6. iDamn Win User
    regarding your post #7, i too was afraid when i saw the list. all of my games basically will disappear just like that and it wasn't even in C: directory. i was hesitant to do it, but when i had no other choice, i just did it. yolo was what i had in mind. turns out nothing was gone. all my files are intact. it wouldnt broke your computer as it is only a refresh as you might say.

but i did the reset or refresh from the advanced startup. if you're still hesitant to do it, then copy all your necessary files somewhere else. better safe than sorry.

iDamn, Apr 20, 2017
  7. Squibbler Win User
    Thanks iDamn - if I end up doing that, I will bear that in mind. I really appreciate your sharing your experience.

Okay simrick, I downloaded the x64 version as I have a 64 bit machine and saved it to a 4GB memory stick. (Roxio media wanted to open it but I cancelled that )
    The file is on the stick but I am doing something wrong as I cannot get it to boot from it. I have changed boot up orders before back in win 98 days but for some reason I am missing something this time.

So I removed all other connected devices
    I interrupted boot up by pressing F2
    I went into boot device config and selected USB generic compact
    I selected this for first, second and third devices
    I saved and exited - and it still booted up to my hard disk.

I tried using F12 and set that to the same and same issue.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Squibbler, Apr 20, 2017
  8. simrick Win User

I don't see your system specs filled in, so I can only guess - probably you have to change from UEFI to Legacy boot in the BIOS?

simrick, Apr 20, 2017
  9. simrick Win User
    Squibbler, you said internet is still working okay, so let's do this if you can't get booted to Kyhi's rescue media:

Open your browser, download CrystalDiskInfo
    Download Center - Crystal Dew World
    Get the Standard Edition, installer (exe).

Install it and run it. This will give you a quick check of the hard drive health.

So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can [​IMG]

If it's not "blue" and Good", we've got drive issues to deal with.

Then let's start the in-place repair install, using the latest Creator Update ISO.
    (Per post #4)

When downloading the ISO, select Windows 10 (Not "N" or "Single Language"); select proper bitness (64).
    Select download tool now, so you get an ISO. Run the tool; Save the ISO to your desktop.
    Once the ISO is downloaded, right-click and select MOUNT; a new File Explorer window will open showing you all the files inside the ISO. Double-click setup.exe and let it run.

Now, if you have trouble doing it this way, because nothing is working on your system anymore, then you can try the "update now" button. It will basically do the same thing, and may even be easier for you.

Either way, this will perform an in-place upgrade for you to the Creators Update. All the problems you are having should be fixed - that is assuming there is no malware on the system. All programs should remain; all data should be retained. Make sure if it gives you that option, to select it.

simrick, Apr 20, 2017
  10. Squibbler Win User
    Ok .. I just saved that to my desktop Standard edition installer (Exe) 3.8 MB and tried to run it and I get the error ShellExecuteEx failed; code 31. A device attached to the system is not functioning

Squibbler, Apr 21, 2017
  11. simrick Win User
    UGH!
    And we can't even open Device Manager to see if there are any bangs on anything.

Try the portable version. please.

simrick, Apr 21, 2017
  12. Squibbler Win User
    Portable one appears to be zipped?
    how do I unzip it?

I tried extract and it says the compressed folder is invalid?

Squibbler, Apr 21, 2017
  13. simrick Win User

Can you right-click it?

simrick, Apr 21, 2017
  14. Squibbler Win User
    I tried extract and it says the compressed folder is invalid?

Squibbler, Apr 21, 2017
  15. simrick Win User
    Just researching that error:
    The solution is to run CHKDSK on the drive, which could be done if we could just get you booted into Kyhi's rescue media....

simrick, Apr 21, 2017
Thema:

1. So many problems! Error messages. Please read and help if you can - Similar Threads - many problems Error

2. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  3. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?: I tried the system restore point but it was interrupted saying there was a disk read error. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem. Whenever I press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys to restart as instructed, I only hear beeps and it doesn't restart. Please can...
  4. Please can someone help me with the disk read error problem?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  6. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So I have many problems please help: Okay, so I have bsod critical process died BUT I forgot my password and here’s the thing, when I last reset my pc it told me to create a pin NOTHING ABOUT A PASSWORD am I able to fix this problem?Also if this can do anything I have a usbThat’s all...
  7. So I have many problems please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. So many errors at once please help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    So many errors at once please help: So lemme start from first like I was using adrenaline 21.4.1 version for my laptop which was creating problems in Fullscreen games so according to Microsoft forums I downgraded and everything was fine until I found that my settings now never opened even the search keeps on...
  9. how to stop computer so can read error message

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to stop computer so can read error message: When restarting the computer, I've noticed an error message but before I can read it, it completely restarts. Is there a way for me to stop the restart so I can get the error message?...
  10. so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    so many error messages after the new update! please help!!!: i don’t even know where to start as far as error messages go but all i know is that yesterday while i was on my dell XPS one 2710, i was prompted a message that it was in need of an update. naturally i agreed bc in my experience updates are supposed to help your computer...