Windows 10: Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems

Discus and support Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some years ago, maybe even a decade or so, I had an application that provided a connection between computer systems. I had a Mac laptop at the time and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dmw13, Mar 17, 2018.

1. dmw13 Win User

Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems

Some years ago, maybe even a decade or so, I had an application that provided a connection between computer systems. I had a Mac laptop at the time and a Windows HTPC. It offered more options than just connecting shared folders, but made it so much easier for sharing as well (just open the software and work, rather than having to reconnect to the server and folder each time).

I have a PC running Plex and Windows 10 recently stopped sharing. Weeks ago, it was working fine and my Mac desktop as able to connect every time. This week, after finally applying an update, I can no longer connect to the share. I've deleted the share and rebuilt it to no avail. Nothing I do can connect.

So I'm wondering if anyone can recommend software to manage the shares through a backchannel. Since I'm rebuilding this new PC as a server in my basement, I'd rather not have to rebuild things after updates.

:)

dmw13, Mar 17, 2018

2. Problem in file sharing between 2 systems

Hi Anupam K,

To resolve the issue, let us refer to the following threads which discuss a similar issue and check if it helps

0x080070035

Let us know the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Mar 17, 2018
  3. AnupamK. Win User
    Problem in file sharing between 2 systems

I have a HP laptop and a Lenovo pc. Both running on Windows 10. Both have Kaspersky Internet Security-2015 installed. Both connected to a single WiFi dongle. I've created the home group on both the systems successfully. The settings
    are same in both the systems. But the problem is my HP laptop can access, share everything from my Lenovo pc but Lenovo pc can't even go into the HP laptop. It showing the network path was not found with an error code- 0x80070035. Also showing check the spelling
    of name but the spelling is correct.

P.S- I've changed the name of my laptop after creating the homegroup but then I reboot the laptop also. Can this be a reason due to which my pc is facing problem ?

Eagerly waiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Anupam K.

AnupamK., Mar 17, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Have you checked SMB1? This is a deprecated feature now. If 'finally applying an update' refers to the Fall Creators Update (1709) you need to know that it adds a feature that automatically removes SMB1 if it's not actively being used.

Although deprecated, SMB1 is still part of Windows 10 in order to allow connections with legacy servers or clients that only support SMB1. You can turn it back on in Windows Features.

*Arrow Turn Windows Features On or Off in Windows 10

You only need the SMB 1.0/CIFS Client for Windows 10 to connect to a share on another machine, you'll need the Server if it is Windows 10 that is doing the sharing.

Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems [​IMG]

5. dmw13 Win User
    Oddly enough, SMB was already checked. And I was finally able to get this working to connect to shared folders from other operating systems. Thanks for the answer.

dmw13, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Software to manage file sharing between different OS systems - Similar Threads - Software manage file

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  4. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Difference between system software and operating system software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  6. Difference between system software and operating system software

Difference between system software and operating system software: What distinguishes system software from operating system software? * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/difference-between-system-software-and-operating/273dd2c1-9bd0-4ad2-9afb-f30adbc354ff
  7. Files and software being shared between profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  8. Files and software being shared between profiles

Files and software being shared between profiles: I created another profile on my laptop to use just for my office. But when I create local user, it brings over stuff from my main account with games and other software. Also, I downloaded Adobe Acrobat on my work profile and it also shows up on my main profile. Is there any...
  9. Files and software being shared between profiles

10. File sharing between users at different locations

File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...