Windows 10: [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

Discus and support [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703, I noticed that the Control Panel from Start menu context menu (Windows + X) is missing. I'm sure Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksio89, Mar 31, 2017.

1. ksio89 Win User

[SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Version 1703, I noticed that the Control Panel from Start menu context menu (Windows + X) is missing. I'm sure Microsoft wants to push Settings at all costs, but I wish they didn't try to shove it down users' throats and instead give us options. Do you know how can I restore it on the list?

:)

ksio89, Mar 31, 2017
  2. Tryx3 Win User

After Creators Update - control panel link missing

Neil,

You could just

Denis

Tryx3, Mar 31, 2017
  3. graye Win User
    New Windows 10 update took away Control Panel from Start Menu right click , how do i get it back ??

...and if you're trying to restore the Control Panel to the "right click" start button context menu, then just follow the instructions on Page 2 of this thread

graye, Mar 31, 2017
  4. [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on?

Josey Wales, Mar 31, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Create a folder on your desktop called GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

Gets smaller release after release though.

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 31, 2017
  7. dencal Win User
    Click on Winkey.....scroll down to Windows System, expand, Control Panel is there ....right clicking on it gives option to put in Start Menu or pin to Taskbar.

dencal, Mar 31, 2017
  8. lx07 Win User

System has gone from *Start + X as well. Prior to 1703 you would press "Y" for "System"

It now takes you to a far less useful place.

I'll check out that editor - perhaps you could post a link.

9. ksio89 Win User
    Thank you a lot Brink, this is helpful tutorial for those who are not keen on using third party applications.

I'm afraid I'm not allowed to post links from third-party websites on Ten Forums. But if you google "Win+X Menu Editor for Windows 10 and Windows 8", it's the very first result. You can not only add or remove entries, but change the order by moving the items up or down, it's a little neat program.

ksio89, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. [SOLVED] How to restore Control Panel entry on Start context menu on? - Similar Threads - SOLVED restore Control

2. How to restore Winrar to Context Menu ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore Winrar to Context Menu ?: When I knew no better, I removed the Winrar entry/ies from Context Menu - and now I want them back, but no method has succeeded - most surprisingly, uninstall and then re-install with the right options ticked still fails to restore it/them. x32Win10ProV20H2...
  3. How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do you remove a start menu entry with no associated shortcut? (NVIDIA Control Panel entry): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/I1l1I1l [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i33isd/how_do_you_remove_a_start_menu_entry_with_no/
  4. How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray

in Windows 10 News
    How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray: [ATTACH]If you want to hide or remove the NVIDIA Control Panel from the context menu and the notification area in Windows 10, you can use […] This article How to remove NVIDIA Control Panel from the Context Menu and System Tray first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control Panel is not in Windows 10 Start Menu: In Windows 10, I press Start button on keyboard. Then, I type "Control Panel" . Control Panel does not appear as a selection. Instead, after typing "Control", Settings pops up as an option. After typing the entire "Control Panel", Intel Graphics Control Panel appears....
  6. How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get rid of this context menu entry for OneDrive: I removed the Moden sharing context menu but I still this annoying Move to One Drive context menu. Is there a way to get rid of it? [ATTACH] 127157
  7. delete context menu entry

delete context menu entry: Hello every one,cannot delete specific entry [img] have uninstalled,cleaned registry entries with RevoUninstaller and CCleaner,manually looked for all entries in Registry Editor,used Shellex and Shellview,nothing seems to handle it.Any hints? 13024
  8. Creating a new entry in the context menu

Creating a new entry in the context menu: Hello from Germany. Is it possible to create a new entry in the context menu in "new"? I often need an empty paint-pic. For example: [img] Thank you. 39917
  9. Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add Control Panel to Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Control Panel context menu in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, there are a few different ways to find and change your settings: app settings, and search. Most of the settings that...
  10. How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you pin the control panel to the start menu?: I find the control panel is a bit awkward to find and usually just luck that I find it on advanced setting for something to other. Is there any way to have the full control panel (not that settings nonsense) on the start menu, pin or otherwise? I can pin it to the task bar...