Windows 10: [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

Discus and support [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've read so many articles but none helped, wanted to call msft support but they are closed. Everything is fine with the computer, i was installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cachirro, Jun 5, 2017.

1. cachirro Win User

[SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

I've read so many articles but none helped, wanted to call msft support but they are closed.

Everything is fine with the computer, i was installing a program that was not responding well, so i forced a safe boot with network option, via msconfig.

Pc never booted, seemed to be working but nothing showed on screen, so i took some parts out, and the key here, removed BIOS battery.

PC boots again, config the BIOS, windows starts booting normal until the point of login screen, where he asks for a password instead of the pin I've always used, and says i don't have internet, which i do but i believe the BIOS cleanup might have done something that he needs to configure it or something.

So i login to my Microsoft account, i even reset password, but both passwords don't work, keeps saying invalid.

How can i force it to recognise internet? I believe that would make it accept my password.

Or maybe better, how do i force it to boot normally and show the normal login screen that asks for pin code?

All recovery options ask for the account password, it's a bit stupid to be locked out like this, i know the passwords, i have internet, yet windows 10 is playing blind.

Thank you for your help.

Edit:
    this is a desktop with lan cable
    No access to another pc until tomorrow to create a boot CD

:)

cachirro, Jun 5, 2017
  2. AlAhner Win User

Locked out in safe mode

Hi Jessen,

Ok, DDU is Display Driver Uninstaller. I have way too many issues with my driver crashing and so I was in the process of uninstalling completely for a fresh install.

When I boot up I get my sign in screen. It has my info (photo, email) and a slot for my password. I don't have a password. I was using a pin. Thus I'm being asked for a password and I don't hae one!

So, when I press Windows + R, and I tried both upper and lower case R, nothing happens.

So, I put in my Windows 10 CD, booted from it, and once again attempted to repair the issue. It has not be able to do so.

I then rebooted and brought up the command prompt.

X:\Sources

I entered C: and got C:\>, which if I recall is correct.

I typed in msconfig and got: "msconfig" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I guess I'm getting this as I'm not on my "C" drive?

What's holding me back is the password to get into the system. I need a workaround!

Thanks,

a

AlAhner, Jun 5, 2017
  3. Jessen P Win User
    Locked out in safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• What are you referring to when you say DDU?
    • What error message do you get when you type msconfig in the command prompt?

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + R, in the safe mode.

b: Then type msconfig and hit enter.

If you are able to successfully get into msconfig then click the Boot tab.

c: Uncheck the option for safe mode and then click apply and then ok.

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, Jun 5, 2017
  4. [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

TairikuOkami, Jun 6, 2017
  5. cachirro Win User
    The problem is that i can't get into cmd, to enter that boot mode he asks for password, so I'm stuck, maybe tomorrow with a boot CD i can do it

cachirro, Jun 6, 2017
  6. cachirro Win User
    Problem solved!
    Went to work, made an hiren's bootcd, used offline pass manager, activated hidden admin account, cleared password.
    Entered on that user one time, internet was re-established, pc now working on normal account.

cachirro, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

[SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode

1. [SOLVED] Locked out in safe mode - Similar Threads - SOLVED Locked safe

2. Locked out/ in safe mode permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out/ in safe mode permanently: I was trying to speed up my computer, I wanted to start up and hit “diagnostic “instead of “ normal “ Start up. Now I cannot even use my pin to sign in and it looks like it’s stuck on airplane mode. I said I forgot my pin but it will not let me re-do anything I am locked out...
  3. Locked out/ in safe mode permanently

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Locked out/ in safe mode permanently: I was trying to speed up my computer, I wanted to start up and hit “diagnostic “instead of “ normal “ Start up. Now I cannot even use my pin to sign in and it looks like it’s stuck on airplane mode. I said I forgot my pin but it will not let me re-do anything I am locked out...
  4. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  5. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out in safe mode: I tried to reboot in safe mode, and now I can't get past the login screen. PIN and password don't work. Shift=> Restart =>Troubleshoot=>Advanced=>Startup=> has a list of options and another restart button. This button restarts back to the login screen. Anyone know how to get...
  6. Locked out in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Locked out by safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out by safe mode: Hi everyone - really hoping someone can help! I'm not massively technically proficient, so I'm hoping that someone has a solution.To cut a long story short, I had to restart my computer in safe mode. I didn't realise it, but this disabled my wifi connection and it started...
  8. Safe Mode - Locked Out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Safe Mode - Locked Out: I've read of same problem - coming out of Safe Mode to login screen. Not recognizing Microsoft Account password and not connected to wifi. Is it necessary to reset password and how to do that? Or is necessary to regain internet access and how to do that? Thanks for any...
  9. Locked out of Safe Mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Locked out of Safe Mode: I've been trying to enter safe mode with networking. I have correctly entered my password several times. I have tried to use a boot USB to remove the password, but the system will not recognize the USB as a drive for start up in the BIOS. Any ideas?...
  10. Locked out in safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Locked out in safe mode: I recently downloaded an app that had a Trojan attached to it. It immediately started taking over so I went to msconfig and chose to start in safe mode, to try and get rid of it. When it restarted in safe mode it asked for the password. When I set up 10 from the upgrade I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am locked out of my computer in safe mode with no pin

2. lock out in safe mode need password?

3. locked out in safe mode

4. msconfig and locked out,
  5. i tried to log into safe mode. now i am completely locked out of the computer. will not accept sign in,
  6. locked out of notebook restarted in safemode asked for original password instead of pin,
  7. safe mode locks out internet